Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Good afternoon, ES.

Maybe we should try something new. I don't know if it will catch on for everyone but it might help with some of the knee jerk reaction threads we seem to get in the Stadium from time to time.:)

Mods.. if this gets abused or you think it's a bad idea, go ahead and close it on up.

In The Tailgate, we have a thread for seemingly random thoughts about anything.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=145477

What if we tried that here but it could be for football stuff ONLY? For example.. instead of starting a thread because you think JC sucks (imagine that! :silly:), you could simply post your thought here.

A few things that I think should be different from the Tailgate's counterpart.

1. Don't use this just to raise your post count. I know there are some out there who seem to think that a higher post count is like some kind of award. It's not. So if you're posting a hundred random thoughts a day, that's probably abuse.

2. Make sure that your "thought" is about football (Redskins related) only. General football discussion is good!

3. Debating is fine. Just try not to hijack too much. If someone has a thought about JC, don't make the next eight pages of the thread about that one post.

4. Normal board rules still apply (duh!). No spam. It's nasty.

Anyway.. let's see how it goes.:)

Edited by Toe Jam
Title

Something tells me this won't work here. People are in desperate need to let us all know how much this team sucks, and they need to make sure their names are in the limelight while doing so.

I hope this is the filter we so desperately need here. There's like 2-3 good threads with nice discussions right now on the front page, and that's it. It's sad, honestly.

Something tells me this won't work here. People are in desperate need to let us all know how much this team sucks, and they need to make sure their names are in the limelight while doing so.

I hope this is the filter we so desperately need here. There's like 2-3 good threads with nice discussions right now on the front page, and that's it. It's sad, honestly.

That's why I'm hoping it can catch on. The Stadium is great. We just get a lot of knee jerk reactions during the season.

Offseason isn't so bad.

I'm pissed I missed the first preseason game, even though it was a loss, I still wanna see the Skins play and the people who saw them play should be happy that football is back instead of ****ing about the scrub 8th WR or the third string QB trying to make a play and missing badly.

I think it will work because of that. Hopefully instead of people having the itch to click "New Thread" they'll just put their thoughts in existing threads or throw them in here. I really believe this will help that issue.

I'm pissed I missed the first preseason game, even though it was a loss, I still wanna see the Skins play and the people who saw them play should be happy that football is back instead of ****ing about the scrub 8th WR or the third string QB trying to make a play and missing badly.

I think the thing that most people don't realize is that pre-season is just glorified practice, really.

Sure, you want to see the team look good but if the coaches have certain things they need to evaluate, you might not get a lot of razzle dazzle from the team.

Our first stringers did well for the five minutes or so that they played. I saw enough to be encouraged. This won't be a disaster of a year. Or, if it is, no way you can tell that by the first preseason game.

All of the "sky is falling, we're doomed" crap is getting kind of old.

Did it seem to you that the internal clock for all the Skins' QB's were running a little fast? After re-watching the game today, I was struck by the fact they seemed to throw/scramble a little early.

Just a random thought.

In the case of JC, I think that might have something to do with the lack of trust in his offensive line. Or, he might be trying to get the ball out quicker and maybe he was going too fast.

Good point, though. Brennan looked very uncomfortable back there for some reason.

I think the thing that most people don't realize is that pre-season is just glorified practice, really.

Sure, you want to see the team look good but if the coaches have certain things they need to evaluate, you might not get a lot of razzle dazzle from the team.

Our first stringers did well for the five minutes or so that they played. I saw enough to be encouraged. This won't be a disaster of a year. Or, if it is, no way you can tell that by the first preseason game.

All of the "sky is falling, we're doomed" crap is getting kind of old.

Def agree. Redskins Nation has the bad tendency to be very extreme (ahem...) when it comes to expressing emotions. Had the score been reversed, people would be calling for the Super Bowl, I'm 100 percent positive.

Oh well, years on this site makes you kinda expect it all anyways. I'm more excited about seeing the guys in uniform finally, and on the field finally. The cuts and the plays will happen, for better or for worse, especially in the preseason.

Someone also mentioned keeping Campbell in until he scores. I think that's actually a good idea. Let him get a TD, then let him have another series. Then take him out.

Edited by styx491

I'm not overly concerned after the Ravens game. Sure, JC was floating passes high. But I don't see that as something too terribly difficult for him to correct.

The O-line though..::shudders::..the depth didn't look very hot. Any primary injuries and I'm starting to get scared.

Def agree. Redskins Nation has the bad tendency to be very extreme (ahem...) when it comes to expressing emotions. Had the score been reversed, people would be calling for the Super Bowl, I'm 100 percent positive.

Oh well, years on this site makes you kinda expect it all anyways. I'm more excited about seeing the guys in uniform finally, and on the field finally. The cuts and the plays will happen, for better or for worse, especially in the preseason.

Someone also mentioned keeping Campbell in until he scores. I think that's actually a good idea. Let him get a TD, then let him have another series. Then take him out.

I agree that it goes both ways, but regardless you expect a much better result as a team. Getting shut out whether its preseason or the Super Bowl is never a good sign.

I think back to before the 2006 season when Al Saunders decided to basically taper his offense down so all of the complicated movements and formation shifts would not be included. I think the result of that philosophy showed in the inability of the offense that season.

Certainly you have to be concerned that this team was shut out, but even then it is preseason and there is still A LOT of football to be played.

People are just freaking out too much about Thursday Nights game.

Would I have loved a nice long TD drive from the first team O? Well sure.

Did the O line look MUCH better? Sure did..

1st team D (minus Haynesworth), looked great with the exception of Fletcher letting (I think it was Rice) get that long catch and run.

As a whole for a first pre-season game it wasnt that bad. Especially when you figure there were several plays that could have been reviewed and taken points off the board. Smiths TD pass right before the half on 3rd down,(looked like he bobbled it), and another 3rd down pass play where the guy was clearly out of bounds..

Just a few of my random thoughts

Edited by SkinsFanInTennessee

I re-watched the Colt INT and it was clear the DB pushed off Hagans to get to the ball. That was not Colt's fault, and every poster here knows I am not a Cult of Colt member. I think he could be good with some time, but not this year. I think the Skins played flat and vanilla.

I liked the play of Robert Hansen(sp), he had good coverage and almost had an easy INT but dropped the ball. HE looked the best out of the back up backers.

There two things that I have not seen discussed on the boards.

I agree that it goes both ways, but regardless you expect a much better result as a team. Getting shut out whether its preseason or the Super Bowl is never a good sign.

Yup, if the Ravens can score on us like they did, we should be able to score as well. We have at least just as many weapons as they do.

:saber: