Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hey man, we coulda had him!"

Spaceman Spiff

You could say this about every player in the NFL if your going to use the logic that we "could of had him" if we traded 3 years worth of 1st round picks.

We could of had Tom Brady, Big Ben, Peyton, etc...

If he fell to 13 and we elected to pass on him that is one thing but it isnt the case...

I agree about Davis though. Using that pick on an OL, LB, or a DL would have put us in a much better position right now.

Not really. I don't think any guys available at those positions were better than Davis. No LBs and one OL was picked after that pick in the 2nd round.

Darius Heyward-Bey, if only we'd traded up. Who would have known.

:raidersuc and :dallasuck just for good measure.

Sanchez threw 4 passes, at least give him a real game before proclaiming what we should have done.

Whoever mentioned Spurrier is right, Danny Waffle was fantastic in Japan (man we sure outsmarted everyone with that FA signing didn't we heh heh heh)

.....now if only we could find a way to play all our games in Japan.

I do think Sanchez will be good, but lamenting after 4 passes? Seriously, that's all it takes?

guys, there is a serious lack of top gun quotes in this thread. can we please pick it up a little?

thanks,

maverick

*heaves goose's dog tags into ocean with sweet guitar music playing*

"Memorable Top Gun Quotes" would be the second shortest thread in ES history.

Sanchez, 3/4, 88 yards.

Thought it earlier this offseason and I thought of it again tonight. We'll be saying this a lot this year and for many years to come.

Don't get it twisted, I'm thrilled with Orakpo and was excited last night when he kicked ass. However, I think I'd be even more excited with a better QB...

Well, Cutler had a bad game this weekend, too. We could have had him...

guys, there is a serious lack of top gun quotes in this thread. can we please pick it up a little?

thanks,

maverick

*heaves goose's dog tags into ocean with sweet guitar music playing*

Hows this one?

Hey Man, we coulda, woulda, shoulda. thread closed lol

:bow: Thank you, thank you very much

Sanchez? SANCHEZ?! Are you kidding me?! We could have had friggin Drew Brees for nothing. NOTHING!!!! Just sign him and dominate. The one damn free agent Danny didn't like turns out to be one of the best QBs in the league.

:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Now granted I'm sure Bug Eyes and the mini supervillain would have found a way to sink a team with a great QB. But at least we'd have had a chance.

Do people understand it's all about teams positioning of the player. It's so stupid to say **** like ... we could have had demarcus ware.

Players ARE who they ARE today because of coaching and things of that degree. Everyone can view the game film on any ****er who wears cleets, it's all about situational play and confidence.

If you put Devin Thomas in DeSean Jacksons shoes, he probably gets 600 yards catching last year.

So stop it with this bull****.

Do people understand it's all about teams positioning of the player. It's so stupid to say **** like ... we could have had demarcus ware.

Players ARE who they ARE today because of coaching and things of that degree. Everyone can view the game film on any ****er who wears cleets, it's all about situational play and confidence.

If you put Devin Thomas in DeSean Jacksons shoes, he probably gets 600 yards catching last year.

So stop it with this bull****.

So if I'm hearing you correctly, Heath Shuler could have been a Hall of Famer.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice try, Pete.

Sanchez was ready all right. All you had to watch Sunday was the second half of the Jets impressive throttling of the Patriots. After facing the first real adversity of his nascent NFL career -- a 3-for-5, 15-yard passing performance in his first 30 minutes -- Sanchez proved that he can take a punch and keep fighting.

In the second half against a New England defense that used to know how to close the deal, Sanchez was a sterling 11 of 17 for 148 yards, with one touchdown and an 111.9 passer rating. That was a 47.3 point jump in terms of his second-half quarterback rating, and served to show the Patriots that he won't rattle or go to pieces at the first sign of mid-game struggles.

That "it factor" that everyone keeps referencing in regards to Sanchez is really another way of saying he has the cool to keep his head when the rest of the world is losing theirs. And the best quarterbacks always have it. On Sunday, Sanchez had it more than his celebrated opponent, Tom Brady, who finished a shaky 23 of 47 for 216 yards, with an interception and no touchdowns.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/20/snap.judgments/index.html?eref=sihpT1#ixzz0RiMUIZKn

Just sayin, just sayin...

I was thinking the same thing :(

What has happened to Orakpo? I see him every now and then, but he pretty much disappears during the game.

Its not that I'm upset with Orakpo, I'm not. I like him and I think he'll be good if Blache ever figures out that he should be up on the line.

Just rather would have had Sanchez...

Archived