Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Hey man, we coulda had him!"

Spaceman Spiff

thumbs_sundown-you-coulda-had-him.jpg

Sanchez, 3/4, 88 yards.

Thought it earlier this offseason and I thought of it again tonight. We'll be saying this a lot this year and for many years to come.

Don't get it twisted, I'm thrilled with Orakpo and was excited last night when he kicked ass. However, I think I'd be even more excited with a better QB...

I'd rather think of all the players we WILL get with the numerous draft picks we kept by NOT trading up to get Sanchez...starting with Orakpo. If we get a starting RT and SLB in next year's draft, then in my opinion Orakop + starting RT + starting SLB >>> Sanchez.

This one especially kills me.:(

I don't know. I think having good starting WRs really depends on how well they complement each other.

We already have a guy that does Eddie Royal better than Eddie Royal. Brandon Marshall is a good complement to Royal and they played well with each other. I'm not saying I don't think we could have been better with Royal as opposed to DT or MK, but based on what our needs were, Royal wasn't the right fit.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but DT was considered by many to be the best WR in the draft, but was also considered to be a big project. Let's give it a year or two before we say Royal was the better pick.

I don't know. I think having good starting WRs really depends on how well they complement each other.

We already have a guy that does Eddie Royal better than Eddie Royal. Brandon Marshall is a good complement to Royal and they played well with each other. I'm not saying I don't think we could have been better with Royal as opposed to DT or MK, but based on what our needs were, Royal wasn't the right fit.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but DT was considered by many to be the best WR in the draft, but was also considered to be a big project. Let's give it a year or two before we say Royal was the better pick.

He would've been Santana Moss's successor, plain and simple, and forgoing Davis would not have been so bad.

-------------

Also, another one...

Matt Flynn.

Matt Flynn

Matt Flynn

Matt Flynn

Matt Flynn

He would've been Santana Moss's successor, plain and simple, and forgoing Davis would not have been so bad.

Good point. Even though it completely contradicts the fact that DT was a project, I think the FO wanted a number 2 right then. Tana isn't old and he should be around for another few years.

I agree about Davis though. Using that pick on an OL, LB, or a DL would have put us in a much better position right now.

Oh well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the Davis pick. LBs would shudder at the sight of having to cover two athletic tight ends, and the word is that Fred has improved his blocking as well. Wachenheim also coached OL before, so Cooley may have improved as well. If Sleepy wakes up, all I'll say is that 'you can't catch 'em all'.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree to an extent...but what it boils down to is, can the guy play? I don't care about vertical leap, hand measurements, or any of that crap. It helps, but it doesn't tell the whole story. I hate hearing various excuses as to why certain guys don't get drafted, but the one that especially kills me is "he's too small".

Not disagreeing with you entirely, I'm just kind of venting.

Eddie Royal.

I was shocked when he got drafted in the second. Maybe he had a killer combine or something(I don't know what his numbers were), but he did not put up great numbers at VT. Of course VT isn't exactly a pass happy offense, and when you look who was throwing him the ball. Still that seemed like a really high pick to take Royal.

I could say just another thread to discuss the Redskins QB situation. But then I realized,well, at least it's not a thread with some big ass ****ing snake or something that jumps out and makes my body yell "Everybody out! All exits!"

Archived