• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the doublethink.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented doublethink.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.

1st Quarter Redskins 7 - 3 Eagles
      "The Closer" Haskins showed up for work early today and hit his former college teammate for a touchdown.  He really took the life out of this crowd in *checks notes* Fedex Field. 

NewCliche21

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

I have an up to date McAfee AV. I got rid of the virus. My no-script on Fire Fox popped up with a warning message when I went to atdhe. I think it was a script in a third party ad. I'm not sure. After that I decided to run my AV and it found one trojan. I ran a full scan last night and there was nothing. The only place I've been since then is here, youtube, atdhe, and channelsurfing.net. Because my no-script gave me a pop up message when going to atdhe, I assume it was something up with it.

I googled "atdhe virus" and a lot searches popped up with people on different sport forums saying they got infected by going there.

Hmmmm...interesting. Us in the IT world don't have any good things to say about McAfee. Number one paid AV software this year is Spysweeper Internet Security 2011 and the number one free is Avast (the one I have been using for over a year and recommend to my customer who can't afford a paid version - Avast also blocks any files downloaded via P2P as well. When your McAfee expires give Avast a try. I have been on atdhe.net a lot last year and didn't have a single problem. I also use Firefox and I never got any pop up warning. Maybe you already had something after your scan last night and just happen to pop up when you went to atdhe.net. :whoknows:

Edited by zskins

I have an up to date McAfee AV. I got rid of the virus. My no-script on Fire Fox popped up with a warning message when I went to atdhe. I think it was a script in a third party ad. I'm not sure. After that I decided to run my AV and it found one trojan. I ran a full scan last night and there was nothing. The only place I've been since then is here, youtube, atdhe, and channelsurfing.net. Because my no-script gave me a pop up message when going to atdhe, I assume it was something up with it.

I googled "atdhe virus" and a lot searches popped up with people on different sport forums saying they got infected by going there.

Had to have been a third party ad as I am running Kapersky AV and no script and didn't get alerted for anything. Ran a scan after the game and found nothing. The only problem I had with Vshare was not being asked about the search bar being put in (unless I missed it), but that's easy to get rid of.

Hmmmm...interesting. Us in the IT world don't have any good things to say about McAfee. Number one paid AV software this year is Spysweeper Internet Security 2011 and the number one free is Avast (the one I have been using for over a year and recommend to my customer who can't afford a paid version - Avast also blocks any files downloaded via P2P as well. When your McAfee expires give Avast a try. I have been on atdhe.net a lot last year and didn't have a single problem. I also use Firefox and I never got any pop up warning. Maybe you already had something after your scan last night and just happen to pop up when you went to atdhe.net. :whoknows:

Another good free AV is Avira. I used to use Avast, but like Avira much better. It has saved my bacon a few times over the last couple of years. The only downside is their daily pop up nag screen, but a simple search will give you the quick and easy to stop that.

Edited by TD Riggo

I'm posting this more as a bookmark to try when we are looking for preseason games this week and next. Someone mentioned it on an AV forum that I frequent (FTR .. I subscribe to NFL-ST for regular season so this is for preseason only). Has anyone used this one?

http://myp2p.eu/

I'm posting this more as a bookmark to try when we are looking for preseason games this week and next. Someone mentioned it on an AV forum that I frequent (FTR .. I subscribe to NFL-ST for regular season so this is for preseason only). Has anyone used this one?

http://myp2p.eu/

I have them bookmarked. First game they had a link, second game they didnt have a link.

I have done better with frontrow.net & veetle.

Most of them seem to link back to Justin Tv tho.

I know someone usually starts one of these......

I live in PA and do not get NBC4 however comcast sports net is blacked out so..... I need a link to a stream... If not I can watch the replay on NFL Net.

Hook us up ES'ers HTTR

I got a Slingbox HD, and stream the games in from a friend of mines' cable system in northern virginia... used it last week, and thought it was awesome... Aint technology great (LOL)?? HTTR

Edited by Lazerbuggy

What time does the game start today?

I figure I will watch the stream live, and if it is worth DVRing I will tape the NFL network replay tomorrow.

Any pregame streams up yet?

I live in NY and its saying the Chargers games is on. WTF???!! lol

I believe the Chargers game is on after the Skins/Jets game. I also live in NY and will be able to watch on my big screen HDTV

I'm watching the atdhe.net stream on my wife's sprint evo. Technology is awesome

I just bought that phone yesterday. How do I watch the game from it?

Funny finding you kids lurking the aisles again for the weekly Mensa meeting. ;)

I guess we're trying Justin.TV, et al to start?

I know someone usually starts one of these......

I live in PA and do not get NBC4 however comcast sports net is blacked out so..... I need a link to a stream... If not I can watch the replay on NFL Net.

Hook us up ES'ers HTTR

snap, where in PA do you live? I see you listed Hagerstown MD as your home. i'm in waynesboro but work in h-town. sorry off-topic.

I just bought that phone yesterday. How do I watch the game from it?

I don't have the EVO .. I've got the Touch Pro. Love it. Just go to Justin.TV in your browser and look for the Skins game stream and voila.

The stream I am on is the Rams/Pats game....it is just about over....is the Skins game immediately following? Is anyone on a stream that the Skins pre-game is on?