Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

The blackout rules for pre-game, post-game, local shows like "Redskins Nation," etc are just absurd and seemingly random!  I also pay year round for the sports package so I can get Comcast Sportsnet (or whatever they call it now) and find it absolutely ridiculous and hilariously ironic that they black out the ENTIRE NATION for a show called "Redskins NATION!"  I mean .. what do they show on RN that is so sensitive to the rest of the nation that they have to black it out?!  Usually, it's an in-studio interview of a player or coach. Us out-of-market fans sure do get treated like trash, even when we PAY FOR the "right" to watch those shows. And WHY in the name of all that is holy do they black out the post-game show during preseason, but not during regular season?! NONsensical!

My sole frustration as well...and especially when I pay for a "sports package". I should get what I pay for. All I want is my Redskins.

As a matter of fact, our contract pricing period is up, hubby freaked on the bill, so we're cutting all the movie channels (except HBO, kept solely for Bill Maher, LOL), and on all that's holy, if it weren't for Red Zone, I'd want the "sports package" gone too. I'm still on the fence.

My sole frustration as well...and especially when I pay for a "sports package". I should get what I pay for. All I want is my Redskins.

As a matter of fact, our contract pricing period is up, hubby freaked on the bill, so we're cutting all the movie channels (except HBO, kept solely for Bill Maher, LOL), and on all that's holy, if it weren't for Red Zone, I'd want the "sports package" gone too. I'm still on the fence.

I got rid of HBO, Showtime, and all the rest .. except for Starz because I watch Encore Westerns a lot .. at least a dozen years ago when boxing got to be so boring (I miss the good old days of Bowe/Holyfield, Tyson/Holyfield, etc) and began to be loaded with nothing but Mexican boxers. But I do still keep DirecTV for NFL-ST and the sports packages. With all of the cord cutting going on, I look forward to when they make it more a la carte. My wife & I honestly only watch about 5-6 channels anymore. TV programming is just awful and it is getting hard to justify the expense, EXCEPT for football!

• Like 1

I've been looking for an excuse to cut the cord for years, but the only thing that kept us subscribed to DirecTV was my love of Sunday Ticket. It's just too convenient. I was always able to call in and get the package for 50% or more off just by haggling. We haven't had TV since February and the time is approaching where I'm really going to miss Sunday Ticket, but it's not hard to find streams for games. They're a pain in the ass sometimes, but I'd rather save money. We were paying $1600/yr+ for TV/Sunday Ticket, and that was without any other premium subscriptions. 

• Like 2

So my school is offering the ticket for half price.

My question is on preseason games. Are those available ?

Not via the Sunday Ticket.

The Sunday Ticket starts week 1, brother.

I'll be in here hunting tomorrow night... so I'm rooting for luck for everyone.

• Like 1

I applaud you Drakkhim...the older I get the more I want to build a fancy treehouse and live off grid. (PS - Did you see two women are graduating from Benning! WTF?)

But then the young Colombian wife would leave me and I am too old for the Brad Pitt love scene with the grizzly bear at the end of "Legends of the Fall"

Edited by RedBeast

I use KODI and had no problem finding the preseason game last week.  Although not the best quality, it's still a touch better than standard definition.  No pop-ups, no buffering, no fee, no problem.

Here in Ontario Canada, although cable is a rip off and I don't pay for it.  I always get the Super Sports Pack for the 4 month minimum subscription, starts in September will cancel in January.  Pretty convenient.  $36 a month gets all unlimited games.  NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL.

It's a necessity because my wife loves NFL and unfortunately cheers for a loser team, so she needs her fix too.

I've been out of the streaming biz for a while. For tonight's game, if anybody has good experience with a certain website or link, post or PM me please. I'm wary of wading through a dozen sketchy websites trying to find a good stream.

Appreciated!

• Like 1

What an epic ripoff these media companies are. 

/rant.

Anyone have a link to tonight's game?

*I closed my cable 8 months ago and never looked back.  Luckily I can get Sunday Ticket by logging into the App on iPad, or PS3 (my dad's account, hehe)

Pretty soon you will be able to just buy the programming you want and DirecTV, Dish, etc will all be out of business.

So my school is offering the ticket for half price.

My question is on preseason games. Are those available ?

If you have AdBlock installed on chrome or firefox, i watched most of last year and the first preseason game last week on tge ifeed site mentioned a page or two back.

Just be careful and close the thwarted ad overlays using the x on screen when its available.

I might try the sunday ticket online streaming package but they were awful last year.

On FirstRow do you have to sign up for a free account?

Nope. No account. No downloading. Just click on the link, close down the ads, expand the screen and there you go. 

Usually a good selection of links per game too. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Only two up at present for the Lions game. But near kickoff they'll doubtless be a lot more. 

http://www.firstrows.eu/football

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Absolute beauty of a HD Link for ye http://zunoxhk.blogspot.ie/p/zunox-2.html

Said this last week. This is the place to go every single week. Always loads of good quality streams. https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/3hs0ip/game_thread_detroit_lions_washington_redskins_730/

Google "NFL Streams Reddit"

Edited by Morrison J
  • Like 6

Absolute beauty of a HD Link for ye http://zunoxhk.blogspot.ie/p/zunox-2.html

Said this last week. This is the place to go every single week. Always loads of good quality streams. https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/comments/3hs0ip/game_thread_detroit_lions_washington_redskins_730/

Google "NFL Streams Reddit"

OK. That works. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Nope. No account. No downloading. Just click on the link, close down the ads, expand the screen and there you go. 

Usually a good selection of links per game too. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Only two up at present for the Lions game. But near kickoff they'll doubtless be a lot more. 

http://www.firstrows.eu/football

wow, don't reccomend this one at all, baseball game, ad overlays you can close and that a google virus, with bogus chick yelling at you....lol. **** the NFL for not taking my twenty bucks. 

• Like 1

That's one of the best streams I've ever seen. Is it like this every game? cause if so, see ya Direct Tv.....

And I'm not getting Portis? I'm just getting stadium noise

Portis was on about 10 mins ago. 

Hope its like that every week but wouldn't hold out much hope. Theres nearly always some type of HD link on that reddit page though. Worth bookmarking.