Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

Has anyone tried NFL Game Rewind from NFL.com? I am going to be studying abroad for the fall semester and I was wondering about this as an alternative to the gamepass which is two hundred or so dollars. I was looking at the $40 one. How does this work? Can I watch the game the day after or immediately after it airs? Because chances are I wont be able to watch the games live anyways. I just wanna know how soon I can watch them after they air.

Edit: Heres the link https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3

Edited by Assassin 21

After jumping through many hoops, I was able to get someone from Preseason Live to confirm the Redskins/Bills game is not blacked out tomorrow night, except in D.C. and Buffalo markets, on Preseason Live. But on a side note, barely half of the preseason games will be available on Preseason Live, well, live. They should be more upfront about that.

Does the dc market strictly pertain to Washington dc, or is northern va included in that market. I live in Centreville, and am still unsure whether or not I'll be able to view the game.

Does the dc market strictly pertain to Washington dc, or is northern va included in that market. I live in Centreville, and am still unsure whether or not I'll be able to view the game.

All I got was the D.C. "market". I'm not sure what that entails. Though I'm 5 hours from Jacksonville here, and the guy informed me that that game would be blacked out for me(NOO!!!). If you have Preseason Live, you can log in and it should show you whether or not its blacked out in your area, as Sikbug pointed out to me earlier. Hail.

I was able to watch games in Lynchburg VA during school last year. So I'd assume yes.

All I got was the D.C. "market". I'm not sure what that entails. Though I'm 5 hours from Jacksonville here, and the guy informed me that that game would be blacked out for me(NOO!!!). If you have Preseason Live, you can log in and it should show you whether or not its blacked out in your area, as Sikbug pointed out to me earlier. Hail.

yeah I just don't want to pay 20 dollars to find out whether the game is blacked out in my area. I assume from your comment that information regarding the areas the game is blacked out, is only available if you pay 20 dollars, and sign up for an account. seems ridiculous.. but thanks for the info

After jumping through many hoops, I was able to get someone from Preseason Live to confirm the Redskins/Bills game is not blacked out tomorrow night, except in D.C. and Buffalo markets, on Preseason Live. But on a side note, barely half of the preseason games will be available on Preseason Live, well, live. They should be more upfront about that.

Really appreciate the info....so to dial it in a little further...I am from the DC market - but I'll be watching it in Maine. Can I sign up for Preseason Live and stream the game on Preseason Live that evening or will I need to wait 24 hours?

Really appreciate the info....so to dial it in a little further...I am from the DC market - but I'll be watching it in Maine. Can I sign up for Preseason Live and stream the game on Preseason Live that evening or will I need to wait 24 hours?

I have never had a game blacked out because I'm not in the local market. I believe that if you are out of the area, the game will play for you just fine. It uses your location at the time of the broadcast/stream and not the location from your profile. If I'm wrong then I apologize but I really believe that it's where you're watching from when you try to watch it.

On what free local station in the DC area will the game be on? It's usually the NBC affiliate, but the Olympics are on instead. I'm seeing "wshns nonstop" in the Titan TV Guide listings, but I'm not sure if that's a free station or a cable station.

Just bought preseason live...couldn't miss tomorrow's game for the world

Likewise bro........btw if anyone decides to order Preseason Live, it would be greatly appreciated it you Inboxed me first. If you sign up using the link I provide, I get a $10 visa card. Shameless plug, but worth it lol

Edited by TheDiplomat

You should be fine in Maine for the Bills game. The dude told me only DC and Buffalo markets were blacked out. I'd think Maine was New England market. So I'd say go for it, and you should def get the first game no prob.

I have to go off the grid starting right before kickoff tomorrow, until the replay on NFL network Friday. This is the first year in a long time that I have a job that has me working hours late enough that for the east coast preseason games, I won't be home until the game is half over, and since this is the first preseason in awhile I am really excited for I don't want to READ the results of what happens before I see them.

I will probably be listening to 'Skins radio all day up until kickoff, and then no internet or phone updates for 24ish hours. Which also means....no extremeskins.....wow.

Can I do it?

If that NFL.com plan included iphone streaming I'd probably buckle down and spend the $20, it's a good deal, but looks like it is computers/tablets only.

If that NFL.com plan included iphone streaming I'd probably buckle down and spend the $20, it's a good deal, but looks like it is computers/tablets only.

I purchased the NFL live deal as well. It is for computers and tablets only. My wife will be at work and wanted to stream it on her phone but it isnt available.

Just a heads up, stoogetv.com has the links already up for all the preseason games including ours. You have to register, but it's free (to register). I've watched the games online there for the past 2 years and never had any problems, but I noticed this year all the NFL games are listed under the Vipbox tab. Anyone have any idea if this is still free? I'm assuming it is b/c this site has always been free, and I don't see any buttons/tabs to click where you would pay to stream the games.

nfl live preseason experts --

i know with preseason live i can watch the game live, or on demand. my question is, can i watch the game from the beginning while the game is already in progress. i wont get home until about an hour after kickoff and i want to know of i will be able to watch the game from the beginning? or do i have to wait until the game is over before i will be able to watch the whole game from the beginning?

i could have sworn ive seen reports sayig the game ISN'T blacked out in the DC market... now im so confused

---------- Post added August-9th-2012 at 12:20 PM ----------

You should be fine in Maine for the Bills game. The dude told me only DC and Buffalo markets were blacked out. I'd think Maine was New England market. So I'd say go for it, and you should def get the first game no prob.

i could have sworn ive seen reports sayig the game ISN'T blacked out in the DC market... now im so confused

nfl live preseason experts --

i know with preseason live i can watch the game live, or on demand. my question is, can i watch the game from the beginning while the game is already in progress. i wont get home until about an hour after kickoff and i want to know of i will be able to watch the game from the beginning? or do i have to wait until the game is over before i will be able to watch the whole game from the beginning?

It works like a DVR you can watch it from the start after it's already started.

If you have preseason live and it is blacked out in your area. Just do a search for free proxies. It fools the system into thinking you are located elsewhere.

I live in PA and somehow I am "in the skins market" per NFL preseason live. However I do not get NBC channel 4 to watch on TV and CSN is blacked out. So I will be using a proxy tonight.

If you have preseason live and it is blacked out in your area. Just do a search for free proxies. It fools the system into thinking you are located elsewhere.

I live in PA and somehow I am "in the skins market" per NFL preseason live. However I do not get NBC channel 4 to watch on TV and CSN is blacked out. So I will be using a proxy tonight.

that is an awesome idea. For anyone who doesn't know how to do that google free proxy servers and then look up how to enter them into your browser. For IE it's located at the following location - locate the wheel on the top right of your browser and click on internet options - then click on connections and then click on LAN settings. Enter the server IP address and port and click ok to save it. You are now using a proxy server which will make your IP address appear to come from a different location