Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

• 1 month later...

I can vouch for the firstrow sports.

I watched all the Playoff games on my HTC phone at work.

I just had to be carefull of the Ads and the fact that my phone opened each page I clicked on to get to the game link as a new window,thus slowing my connection down.

Once I went and closed all the non-used windows things were good,I cant say perfect because of the connection being though a phone,(sometimes it lagged)but the picture was very,very nice.

IGNORE all ADS that say you can't view the game,Need a plugin etc,etc,it will start.

Shame to see it may be going away if the previous post is correct.

I've lost one Internet gaming site for downloads due to the FBI,Only seems natural they would take away my other intrust.

Despite the fact that those games were already on FREE TV.

Edited by Long-Time-Fan

Well, just as a heads-up. Firstrowsports will not be a viable option next year:

[ATTACH]46328[/ATTACH]

My friend moved out to California for grad school and since he's been out there he's put me onto several of them. Most recently first row. Seems like anytime one goes down another one just pops up.

My friend moved out to California for grad school and since he's been out there he's put me onto several of them. Most recently first row. Seems like anytime one goes down another one just pops up.

They will. It's a game of whack-a-mole that the feds can't win, but it just means that one of the common standbys is gone. Simply time to move on to a new one.

• 6 months later...

My lovely wife surprised me for my 40th and our anniversary by planning a wonderful trip to a B&B Maine. We leave morning 8/9, have reservations at a nice restaurant at 7 PM that night (our actual anniversary). My parents have DirecTV MAX and offered to let me use their account so I can watch the game on my iPAd - but it I just found out DirecTV streaming only works during the normal season.

Anybody have input what I should do here? Wife is very understanding and offering to cancel reservations - but she really put a lot of work into this. Not sure I can go til Sunday to watch when we get home. I can record on my Tivo at home - but not sure how to automate an upload.

Anybody dug into streaming yet...but my problem is that I may not be able to stream.....I may need to d/l at a later point and watch....later that night (highlights) or in the AM while she sleeps in.

---------- Post added August-5th-2012 at 06:21 PM ----------

I notice that the NFL has a $20 deal you can sign up for to watch preseason games. I don't mind that so much - but I'm concerned about a non-sell out and it getting blacked out - so I can't d/l it for 24 hours. Any insight into that? Thanks everyone.

[/color]I notice that the NFL has a $20 deal you can sign up for to watch preseason games. I don't mind that so much - but I'm concerned about a non-sell out and it getting blacked out - so I can't d/l it for 24 hours. Any insight into that? Thanks everyone.

I did the preseason thing last year, and I just paid for mine for this year a few mins ago. It does suck when they black out, the HOF game is blacked out, but you can watch it as soon as the game is over at least. Last year I was really upset because I visited my mother in PA and it was blacked out and it wasn't on cable.

IME, people should always exercise caution in following suggestions from random internet posters regarding downloading programs/applications from various sites. It's best to always do some real research in such cases.

I just drop $20.00 at NFL.com every season for peace of mind. That way I know that I'm going to see every preseason game and that they are going to run smoothly.

Man, I'll be pissed if Buffalo does not sell out and there is a local blackout and that causes me to not be able to watch on NFL.com.
That affects viewing at NFL.com?

the blackout rules always confuse me. there was a thread on here earlier indicating that the skins buffalo game was blacked out in the DC area, and we had to watch it on some random NBC sports network.. does that sound to familiar to anyone? anyway i live in the Northern Virginia area, and have no idea if ill be able to watch the game on Comcast sportsnet. anyone have any knowledge to shed some light on the situation?

I just drop $20.00 at NFL.com every season for peace of mind. That way I know that I'm going to see every preseason game and that they are going to run smoothly.

That affects viewing at NFL.com?

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3

*Due to broadcast restrictions, all nationally-broadcast Preseason games are blacked out and all locally-televised Preseason games are blacked out in their home markets. Blacked-out games will be made on available on demand in the NFL Preseason Live archives. Preseason games that do not sell out in either team's home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games. All other blacked-out games will be available immediately in the NFL Preseason Live archives following the conclusion of those games. NFL Preseason Live is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).

If I knew that I could go out to dinner w/ my wife for our anniversary, pay $20 to the NFL and watch the RGIII do his thing for a quarter when we get back to the B&B while she soaks in the tub...I'd do it in a minute. The fact that the Bills probably won't sell out means that I can't watch it until Friday night (have more plans) - so that puts it at Saturday morning...might as well wait til we get home on Sunday.

Edited by Grumpy Vet

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3

*Due to broadcast restrictions, all nationally-broadcast Preseason games are blacked out and all locally-televised Preseason games are blacked out in their home markets. Blacked-out games will be made on available on demand in the NFL Preseason Live archives. Preseason games that do not sell out in either team's home or away markets and games broadcast nationally on ESPN will be available 24 hours after the conclusion of those games. All other blacked-out games will be available immediately in the NFL Preseason Live archives following the conclusion of those games. NFL Preseason Live is only available to users within the United States, Bermuda, Antigua, the Bahamas, and any U.S. territories, possessions and commonwealths (including American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands).

If I knew that I could go out to dinner w/ my wife for our anniversary, pay $20 to the NFL and watch the RGIII do his thing for a quarter when we get back to the B&B while she soaks in the tub...I'd do it in a minute. The fact that the Bills probably won't sell out means that I can't watch it until Friday night (have more plans) - so that puts it at Saturday morning...might as well wait til we get home on Sunday.

After jumping through many hoops, I was able to get someone from Preseason Live to confirm the Redskins/Bills game is not blacked out tomorrow night, except in D.C. and Buffalo markets, on Preseason Live. But on a side note, barely half of the preseason games will be available on Preseason Live, well, live. They should be more upfront about that.

After jumping through many hoops, I was able to get someone from Preseason Live to confirm the Redskins/Bills game is not blacked out tomorrow night, except in D.C. and Buffalo markets, on Preseason Live. But on a side note, barely half of the preseason games will be available on Preseason Live, well, live. They should be more upfront about that.

When you are logged into the preseason live interface, you can see which games are blacked out for you in your current area too. For me, the GB/Chargers and Dallas/Oakland games are showing blacked out for me for week 1.

Edited by Sikbug

When you are logged into the preseason live interface, you can see which games are blacked out for you in your current area too. For me, the GB/Chargers and Dallas/Oakland games are showing blacked out for me for week 1.

Yea, I figured that out after being on the phone and computer for awhile trying to figure it out. My main problem was a friend of mine with DirecTV told me the Skins/Bills was the National game tomorrow. Obviously, he was wrong. :ols: