Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Perfect streams have been posted each game so far. 

Forgive my technological ignorance but do you know if those streams can be accessed on a smart tv? 

I'd certainly prefer to watch on tv but I'll use my phone if I have to. 

48 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Forgive my technological ignorance but do you know if those streams can be accessed on a smart tv? 

I'd certainly prefer to watch on tv but I'll use my phone if I have to. 

I'm a technological idiot. It's click and jaw or bust for me. I just found out Sony makes a DVD player that gets Netflix last month. It's ****ing cool. 

• Haha 2

I actually put in a support ticket on the NFL site for the Game Pass explaining that they were listing my local market (Charlotte, NC) as being both the Panthers and Redskins and asking if this was an error and the game would be available.  So I got a response from Don in that department just restating that my local market games are the Panthers and Redskins, blah blah blah.

I sent him a reply asking him how a team seven hours from me in another state is considered my local market, especially when I have another NFL team in my city.  I then went on to rant and call them out about Sunday Ticket stating that if the Redskins were my local market team I wouldn't have to spend $300 a year to watch the games that they would be on my "local" channels for free.  Which never happens unless the Panthers are not playing at the same time.  

Every single NFL broadcast/local market map the past 20+ years shows the state of NC being Panthers.  Freaking NFL can't even blackout games correctly.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I live in Massachusetts and I get Channel 624 except its blacked out during games. 

Explain that one. 

Why is it that I get blacked out a thousand miles away. 

So those channels come with the local sports package.  But IIRC, you will only get the local teams in your market for those channels.  I'm going to assume that would be the Patriots for you.  With that package, my local teams according to Direct TV are Carolina Hurricanes, Hornets, Braves, Nationals, Orioles and Reds (wtf?).   

For NFL, it's the Panthers during the regular season and preseason.  I'll see preseason games listed on those 600 channels too, but I don't think it's a blackout rule in effect, but an access issue due to your local market.  Which my point is, if the Redskins were truly a local market team, they would be shown on my local network, but they aren't, the Panthers are.  

Anyhow, just looked on NFL Network and they are showing the replay of the Redskins/Broncos at 6:30 am EST tomorrow morning.  So I set the DVR to record it.  Just gotta stay off ES and stop looking at scores/highlights in the media after 7:30 pm.  I'll watch it when I wake up tomorrow.  Hell, I have a fantasy football draft at noon, so I'll just have it on during that and crack open some beers :cheers:

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

For those that may miss the game tonight, the NFL Network will rebroadcast the game Saturday morning at 6:30am and again on Tuesday afternoon at 4:00pm.

Both times EDT.

For those that live locally and will miss the game, the NBC Sports Washington network (formally CSN) will rebroadcast the game Saturday morning at 8:00am and again Sunday afternoon at 12:30pm.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What's the next best thing to Sunday Ticket, if you don't want to "dish" out the $300 ?

NFL Game Pass

NFL Red Zone

NFL Network

?

I'd say it has to be Game Pass, but you have to wait several or so hours after the game to be able to view it, as I understand it. NFLN is useless for reg. season games, though you could get lucky on rare occasion, as they show 1 or 2 selected replayed games later in the week of the weekend games prior. I'm not familiar with Red Zone, but it sounds like they just give lots of random moments of random games. Probably cool for Fantasy Footballers, but not worth much to anyone wanting to really follow their one team. 

Edited by Sandy Monk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I'd say it has to be Game Pass, but you have to wait several or so hours after the game to be able to view it, as I understand it. NFLN is useless for reg. season games, though you could get lucky on rare occasion, as they show 1 or 2 selected replays later in the week of the weekend games prior. I'm not familiar with Red Zone, but it sounds like they just give lots of random moments of random games. Probably cool for Fantasy Footballers, but not worth much to anyone wanting to really follow their one team. 

Thanks, I was under the impression NFLN showed replays of ALL games, since I always hear people say, don't worry about missing it because NFLN is showing it the next day. Glad you told me it's just a limited number of games. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Thanks, I was under the impression NFLN showed replays of ALL games, since I always hear people say, don't worry about missing it because NFLN is showing it the next day. Glad you told me it's just a limited number of games. Thank you.

They replay all pre season games. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yeah, it's just one or two regular season games, days later, that they decide to be exciting or packs star power like Rodgers-Brees-Brady. Game Pass is pretty cheap, IIRC, but I like to get the action live. More exciting, and I need all the excitement I can get these days. 

It's too bad they don't offer people a 1-team package for Sunday Ticket. Dramatically would cut the cost, yet give the fan all and only his team's games each week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What's the next best thing to Sunday Ticket, if you don't want to "dish" out the $300 ?

NFL Game Pass

NFL Red Zone

NFL Network

?

Staying at home - NFL Game Pass, it's $99, but games are shown hours after they are over (website states by 8pm Sunday night)

Going out - go to a local bar that has NFL Sunday Ticket and watching it there - it can get pricey if you eat and drink a lot.  Back in the day, wife and I went this route and were dropping like $60-80 total, it was fun hanging out with friends, but back then the ticket only cost like $200....could have just bought the ticket and saved a lot of money.

NFL Redzone - really good if you are on a budget, basically shows games where they are in the redzone, you get to see them during those drives, pretty much it on that.  

NFL Network - garbage, random replays of games, some live Thursday night games.

Sling TV - if you have a friend or family member living in the local market that is willing to hook you up.

Friends house with access to Sunday Ticket - if you got a good/best friend that has it, maybe offer to split it with him or "Bring the Beer" over to watch games at their house.  I haven't done this, just thought of it actually........sucks that all of my friends that would do this live an hour away.  

• Thanks 1