Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

On 9/8/2016 at 8:51 PM, pjfootballer said:

I'll never give up my TV.  It amazes me the number of people that try to watch everything on a computer.  You'll have to pry the remote out of my cold, dead hands before I give up TV.  Turn off my phone, cut off the water, but don't take my TV.

I think for many of us, it's because of the way they made those deals. I'd love to not worry about signal or bandwidth and just have cable and order Skins games or even a NFL pass.  But I can't and I don't want DirecTV or other crap. So computer it is because even DirecTV's streaming system is subpar.  I've had good connections watching Skins games on ifeed or other sites and stuttering, lagging messes from DirecTV.

You're in good hands with me and my blog. The link is a few replies up under SpacePenguin's post. Works for Mobile too. I'll try to go on the air like an hr before the game starts with some local shows they aired here on the weekend (I know sucks I don't have Comcast so that I could show Pre and Post Game Live) 

All I ask as always is to please keep the link and place between us here and don't spread it on major sites like FB, Red...it etc. If you must do it privately.

Edited by FS#21
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, FS#21 said:

You're in good hands with me and my blog. The link is a few replies up under SpacePenguin's post. Works for Mobile too. I'll try to go on the air like an hr before the game starts with some local shows they aired here on the weekend (I know sucks I don't have Comcast so that I could show Pre and Post Game Live) 

All I ask as always is to please keep the link and place between us here and don't spread it on major sites like FB, Red...it etc. If you must do it privately.

Thanks! No worries about keeping it on the down low :)

Skins Faithful, I need help.

Me & my ole lady just switched to PlaystationVue (on NFL Gameday! :angry:).  She talked me into it by guaranteeing me that I'd still get my Skins Games.  But I was up early checking, and we don't get WTTG, the Fox DC affiliate.  Now I'm scared I won't get the ballgame(!) on the tv.  

Yes, I know I can stream online - but with all due respect, I ain't trying to do that.  I wanna watch the game on the flatscreen!  So my question is this: does anyone have this playstation tv package?  If so, will I be able to safely watch the game?

Please help.  I am freaking out!

2 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Skins Faithful, I need help.

Me & my ole lady just switched to PlaystationVue (on NFL Gameday! :angry:).  She talked me into it by guaranteeing me that I'd still get my Skins Games.  But I was up early checking, and we don't get WTTG, the Fox DC affiliate.  Now I'm scared I won't get the ballgame(!) on the tv.  

Yes, I know I can stream online - but with all due respect, I ain't trying to do that.  I wanna watch the game on the flatscreen!  So my question is this: does anyone have this playstation tv package?  If so, will I be able to safely watch the game?

Please help.  I am freaking out!

I have it, and you can't watch any games that are locally televised on it. It's really only good if you're out of market. I know you said you didn't want to stream, but i would check the NFL reddit for a VLC stream, as the quality is almost as good as on the PS4. Then you can run an hdmi cable to your TV if you like.

Just to clarify, if you live anywhere where the local Fox channel is showing the game, you can't watch it. If another game is airing locally, you can!

Sorry :(

Edited by SpacePenguin

Just now, SpacePenguin said:

I have it, and you can't watch any games that are locally televised on it. It's really only good if you're out of market. I know you said you didn't want to stream, but i would check the NFL reddit for a VLC stream, as the quality is almost as good as on the PS4. Then you can run an hdmi cable to your TV if you like.

Sorry :(

First off, thanks a TON SpacePenguin for your answer!  I truly appreciate it.  When I first woke up, I was enraged.  As what I knew eventually donned on the ole lady, I was pissed.  But now, after searching online, I found out that the answer to this quagmire is to buy an antenna (I didn't even know that you could still use those things!) for local tv coverage.  It sucks for today because I'll have to stream - I know a few sites, so I'll see the game.  But I'll be straight for the rest of the season going forward.

Thanks again for your help. :)

• Like 1