Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is our next hall of famer?

OURYEAR#56

Green goes in on the first try.

Because of the politics at wide receiver with Swann and others, Monk will get in but it will be over a longer period of time.

Remember that Sonny Jurgensen got in the HOF in 1982, EIGHT years after he retired from the NFL.

The real question is when is the NFL going to recognize that the Hogs were one of the best and most productive offensive lines in history and elect one of their members into the HOF?

This is a unit with performers that TWICE in five years helped rushers set the record for Super Bowl rushing yardage :)

If Swann gets in because he was productive in the postseason, in crunch time, how about sharing a little of that love over here? :D

Joe Gibbs' postseason record is second to Vince Lombardi's in career winning percentage and a lot of that was due to the performance of the players up front.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

if bruce wins a super bowl with the skins and wants to go in as a redskin, do they let him-- a la Clemens?

I think the player decides. I'd love it if he does go in as a Redskin.

-It would be funny if Emmit Smith went in as a Cardinal just to piss-off Jerry Jones.

Originally posted by jimster

I think the player decides. I'd love it if he does go in as a Redskin.

-It would be funny if Emmit Smith went in as a Cardinal just to piss-off Jerry Jones.

Actually Jimster... I vaguely recall an interview on TV where a Hall of Fame inductee said that the NFL now decides what uniform a player will wear. I remember him saying he was glad about that since he wouldn't have to lose any sleep over the decision. And I also seem to remember thinking to myself how funny it is for a player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and yet not know what team jersey he'd be wearing until the ceremony.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I don't think I dreamt it. I don't dream about football too often :D

I think Darrell will be a first ballot HoFer :notworthy

But I see Art Monk waiting a while, kind of like Lynn Swann!

:finger: To the selection committee whoe scrwed #81 the past two seasons! I bet if Art were a 49er, Packer or Cowboy he would be in! :stupid:

Originally posted by bulldog

Green goes in on the first try.

The real question is when is the NFL going to recognize that the Hogs were one of the best and most productive offensive lines in history and elect one of their members into the HOF?

This is a unit with performers that TWICE in five years helped rushers set the record for Super Bowl rushing yardage :)

Second that. With that, who is the representative from the hogs to go first?

I have to go with Big Jake. He was an absolute mauler.

I'd like to see Jeff Bostic get a nod, too. He was the glue for so many years.

~Bang

Monk, Green, Hanburger (senior selection), Jacoby and Grimm. I will say this so everyone can hear it. :soapbox: THE REDSKINS DESERVE THEIR OWN HALL OF FAME (I know they have the Ring of Honor, but I guess I'm greedy and I want more!). OUR HERITAGE/TRADITION IS RICH ENOUGH TO FILL A MUSEUM NOW. IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE IN 71 MORE YEARS. Deserving players like Larry Brown, Chris Hanburger, and Dave Butz will get their just due. A ceremony could be held every year at the first home game of the opening of training camp. I think the facility should be located somewhere significant. Either close to FedEx (which is logistically sensible), close to RFK (the Holy Ground), on the site of old Griffith Stadium (if there is available space - I think there is a hospital there), or close to Redskins Park. Could we at least start a virtual Hall on this site? Let only the top twenty posters actually vote, but any member in good standing could nominate (maybe?).

I meant first home game OR opening of training camp....

Archived