Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone listen to the Arrington Show today when Stephen Davis was on?

mcarey032

Yeah, we kicked ass in Osaka, Japan. That was our Superbowl of the Spurrier years. :doh:

Oh yeah...and the 49ers Head Coach wasn't happy about that...all he said to Spurrier after the game was, "See you in September." 49ers beat the hell out of the Skins that day.

word to Stephen Davis, but I'd take this organization over Carolina's any day. they're highly overrated

I don't remember any envy on my part when we played them last, oh that's right, we won

Sorry to hi-jack the thread for a minute:

Gfunk, please PM me if you are interested in RVD's 2nd Annual ATN Invitational.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=293320

Thanks! :D

One thing that has always made me wonder...what if Davis had been here when Coach Gibbs came back?

Nothing against CP...I am huge fan of his and our offense doesn't do a thing without him..but Davis in a Gibbs offense...the possiblities are just unreal.

If Davis was here, I agree that the CP trade would not have happened.

But, I don't think for one second Davis would have been nearly as successful as CP has been.

"Gibbs' offense" this time around has had little to no passing game and an underachieving offensive line. A "power" back like Davis, who would have been 30 or 31 I believe in 2004 and who would have been carrying the ball a ton the previous 5 seasons, would not have been nearly as good as Clinton has been.

As bad as our offense has been these last 5 years, Clinton Portis has made it look a hell of alot better than it should have been given the performances of those around him.

I'll tell you what unreal possiblilities in the "could have been" department:

Imagine Clinton Portis (even today in season 8 of his career) with the Hogs blocking for him and an NFL MVP (Theismann) or NFL MVP runner up (Rypien) at QB and a Posse member or two at wide receiver. Now that makes me salivate.

Oh and Stephen, THAT WAS A FUMBLE ON THE GOALLINE!!!! We all know it, LaVar was just being nice and not say anything. But then again that is par for the course with Stephen. Anyone remember Arizona 2000? Skins going in for the early lead and Big Fumble does what he does right at the goalline and Aenius Williams scooped it up and ran for 100 yards the other way.

One thing that has always made me wonder...what if Davis had been here when Coach Gibbs came back?

Nothing against CP...I am huge fan of his and our offense doesn't do a thing without him..but Davis in a Gibbs offense...the possiblities are just unreal.

Portis is a way better back than Davis ever was..but SD was nice though

He did play in the superbowl the year after the skins cut him. And ground out career highs in yards that year while we had trung candidate doing nothing.

Yeah he had one good year with Carolina, got injured and then fell off the face of the earth.

Trung Canidate, ugh, don't remind me.

Man I still love Stephen Davis.

I still have a poster of Stephen Davis hanging on my wall. Whenever I think of Spurrier and what the F.O. did to Davis....:doh:. Yeah he fumbled a lot but you don't get rid of a Pro Bowl back you find a way for him to fit in your "offense". If I ever see Spurrier:finger:

I still have a poster of Stephen Davis hanging on my wall. Whenever I think of Spurrier and what the F.O. did to Davis....:doh:. Yeah he fumbled a lot but you don't get rid of a Pro Bowl back you find a way for him to fit in your "offense". If I ever see Spurrier:finger:

i gotta be honest- if you get rid of a guy and he only has one good year left in him, i can't hate. i don't agree with alot of the FO moves, but letting him go....eh.....not so bad. (bringing in canidate??? thats another story)

Archived