Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fight

TheDiplomat

Wow Lewis does look out of shape like Foreman said. Vitali sure does have a big cut over his eye. Lewis is looking to kill this guy with a haymaker. Good fight so far. Im still taking Lewis though by decision or a late round knock-out.

Both look out of shape actually. That right eye cut is gonna kill Vitali in the later rounds.

Okay last edit. Fight stopped.

Man, Vitali was kicking his ass, even with the worst gash I have seen on a boxer in years over his eye. Vitali should fight Lewis in the Parking lot, arrogant prick.

"Well... I was getting my second wind, he couldn't compete with me, I would have knocked him out in a few rounds"

Shut up Lewis, you were beat down by a guy who you said had no heart and one good eye.

Monkey Boy, I'd have to say thats a pretty dubious assessment. It was an ugly fight. Two giants leaning, clutching, and throwing haymakers at one another. Lewis definitely wasn't prepared. But that shouldn't be surprising considering he was scheduled to fight a nobody and had to face a significantly tougher fight with 2 weeks notice. Klitschko fought pretty well, but really only hurt Lewis once. Despite the 4-2 edge the officials gave him, I thought Lewis was starting to dominate the fight the last several rounds. I think it would have been Klitschko, not Lewis who'd have been put down in the later rounds, but we'll never know. Sometimes fights just get screwed up. This was one of those. But lets not forget, it was Lewis punches (not a butt as Vitali hinted at) that made hamburger out of the left side of his face (and he did that AFTER Klitschko rocked him).

Neither guy was ready for this fight. It shouldn't have gone off. Look for a rematch with both in better shape. And look for Lewis to get the better of it next time. I don't see what all the excitement over Klitschko's perfomance is all about. At best he held his own. Perhaps exceeded expectations. Lewis plays the arrogant loudmouth role well, so he pisses people off. But Vitali wasn't exactly awe-inspiring out there. You, like a lot of other folks, just don't like Lewis. It was a relatively even fight and heading Lewis's way when it was stopped (by the ring Dr. by the way, not Lewis).

Originally posted by Tarhog

Monkey Boy, I'd have to say thats a pretty dubious assessment. It was an ugly fight. Two giants leaning, clutching, and throwing haymakers at one another. Lewis definitely wasn't prepared. But that shouldn't be surprising considering he was scheduled to fight a nobody and had to face a significantly tougher fight with 2 weeks notice. Klitschko fought pretty well, but really only hurt Lewis once. Despite the 4-2 edge the officials gave him, I thought Lewis was starting to dominate the fight the last several rounds. I think it would have been Klitschko, not Lewis who'd have been put down in the later rounds, but we'll never know. Sometimes fights just get screwed up. This was one of those. But lets not forget, it was Lewis punches (not a butt as Vitali hinted at) that made hamburger out of the left side of his face (and he did that AFTER Klitschko rocked him).

Neither guy was ready for this fight. It shouldn't have gone off. Look for a rematch with both in better shape. And look for Lewis to get the better of it next time. I don't see what all the excitement over Klitschko's perfomance is all about. At best he held his own. Perhaps exceeded expectations. Lewis plays the arrogant loudmouth role well, so he pisses people off. But Vitali wasn't exactly awe-inspiring out there. You, like a lot of other folks, just don't like Lewis. It was a relatively even fight and heading Lewis's way when it was stopped (by the ring Dr. by the way, not Lewis).

Just the opposite actually, I was a big Lewis supporter until this fight, I liked him ever since I saw him in the first fight Vs. Holyfield. Hearing him tonight completely changed my opinion of the guy.

He's always said that kind of crap....I think its part of the 'psyche job' Emmanuel Stewart puts him through before every fight. I will grant you, he looked fatter, slower, and more tired out there than I've ever seen him (almost unrecognizable from the buffed determined guy who came into the ring for Tyson). He just wasn't prepared. But I don't really think he lacks respect for K. or any other guy who gets in the ring to fight. You also have to remember he was responding to Larry Merchant, a brainless arrogant pr*ck if there ever was one. That is whom he lacks respect for. It wasn't Lewis' fault that the fight was stopped, so why should he have to answer to Merchant's insinuations about what would have happened had the fight gone the distance. I also thought it was humorous hearing George Foreman comment on how 'out of shape' Lewis was. Wait till we see Big George's fat gut parading around the ring. It was bad enough at age 45, I shudder to think what the 55 year old version is going to look like.

This fight was a bust. Period. Neither fighter did enough to determine who would have prevailed. Neither thought they'd be fighting a big fight tonight 2 weeks ago. But K. AT BEST held his own. I'm hoping Lewis gets in shape, gives Klitschko his rematch, and then fights one more glorious fight with Roy Jones Jr. before calling it quits. I'd hate to see him fighting with ever-dwindling physical ability.

"Well... I was getting my second wind, he couldn't compete with me, I would have knocked him out in a few rounds"..Lewis

When his boxing career is over maybe Lewis can find work being the Iraqi Minister of Information.

I know he's been hit in the head alot:box:,but after listening to the post-fight interview, Lewis has a warped view of reality.:gus:

Anybody still needing proof that the heavyweight division is a complete joke certainly got it last night. Pathetic is a word that comes to mind.

Watching a grossly overrated title holding bum (notice I can't bring myself to call him a champion) look so untalented against such another completely unskilled fighter was, well, pathetic. Tonya Harding showed more boxing skill than either of these buffoons. Lewis may be the best of his era, but that ain't nothing to brag about. Both would've had trouble making it into Joe Louis' "Bum of the Month" club.

But anyway, on to the fight analysis.........

1. Punch caused the cut. Not a headbutt (as most clearly saw)

2. Fight should have been stopped right away. Nasty cut. Crowd wouldn't have liked it (me neither) but it was the right thing to do.

3. There will be a rematch, cause there are so many people who are willing to waste their money on a pay-per-veiw event. Lewis will probably knock him out just because I don't want him to.

Now the BIG IF's....

IF, Roy Jones Jr.(whom I also thoroughly dislike) fights Lewis.

And IF, he gets anything close to the same Lewis that showed up last night, (and I know, that's a big if) not only will Jones win the fight, he will knock him out. Lewis was there to be hit all night. Klitschko just didn't have the speed or talent to get it done. Jones does. And with Lewis' suspect chin, Roy might be able to do it with one punch. But most likely the combinations will be what gets him.

Heavyweight Division :doh:

Ax, we'll agree to disagree on Lewis's overall place in heavyweight history. One of the more annoying things about Lewis is that he can look like a bum when he's not facing someone he considers a real challenge to defeat him, and he can turn around and look like an invincible warrior the next time around. Odds are, we'd see the cut, fast, smart Lewis nailing his opponent with viscious jabs and a mean left hook next time out (assuming what we saw last night wasn't him getting permanently old overnight).

I agree entirely about the cut. That was the worst one I've ever seen, it spread out 3 ways and the tissue was actually hanging off his brow. Should never have let him continue. And it must have been a hell of a punch to do that kind of damage. Its a shame really, because even with Lewis' poor conditioning, and Klitschko's limitations, that was one of the busiest heavyweight fights I've ever seen. I have a feeling the rematch will be a good one.

Archived