Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Hulk

codeorama

Just took my nephew to see the Hulk.

It was pretty good, but not really a kids movie, not because of violence or anything, it was just slow in parts.

I thought the CGI animations were excellent. I liked it better than the CGI in Spiderman.

The only complaint I had was some of the visuals that the director chose, I suppose he was trying to give it a comic book feel by having multiple "visual windows" open (like picture in picture, sometimes as many as 4 windows open). Some may like that aspect, I didn't care for that though.

All in all, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.

redman... I didn't think of it that way, but yes, it was very much like pop up adds....lol

Jbooma, it was very dark. That's what I liked about it. The story was a little deep for kids, but they will enjoy the visuals. Spiderman had some humor to it, this one had very little. It was serious and dark.

I wouldn't tell someone "you must see it" but I enjoyed it none the less. Nick Nolte did a great job as the Hulk's dad.

Thanks Dexter!!

Tried to see it myself yesterday, but the theatre was sold out for the 4 p.m. showing. It looks good.

Is it just me, or does this seem to be the most hyped and marketed movie ever. I mean back in the day, Batman got alot of hype. Recently, we saw alot of promotion of Spiderman and Matrix reloaded. But the Hulk is everywhere. From the big Hulk foam hands that says "HULK SMASH!!!" and the Hulk mask that changes your voice to sound like the Hulk, to every can of soda, bag of chips, etc. It's crazy. But I must say I like the Hulk hands. I've been caught a couple of times in Walmart chasing my wife around the store with those big green hands.

I took my nephew to see it Fri. afternoon. Definitely darker than I expected and suprisingly violent and graphic at times, but all in all I liked it. Nephew was mixed, but I'll bet that has alot to do with the feeling that it was a bit over his head (10 years old).

Computer Imaging was definitely impressive.

I haven't seen the film yet, but the trailers made the Hulk himself look like something straight out of a Playstation 2 game, as opposed to a character from a live-action film.

Director Ang Lee has never really been my cup o' tea. Before Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (which I enjoyed, but wasn't ecstatic about -- primarily due to the fact that it's not exactly the best paced action picture ever made), Lee's main claim to fame was Dense and Densibility, er, I mean, Sense and Sensibility, which is just about the furthest thing from my idea of what a good movie should be. All in all, I expect Hulk to be fairly good, but nothing to write home about.

Glen X,

I was concerned that the Hulk looked like a cartoon in the commercials, but I will say this, the commericals don't do the movie justice. The CGI was way more impressive in the movies than the commercials. I can't explain why, but it was different.

Originally posted by codeorama

Glen X,

I was concerned that the Hulk looked like a cartoon in the commercials, but I will say this, the commericals don't do the movie justice. The CGI was way more impressive in the movies than the commercials. I can't explain why, but it was different.

I'll have to agree there. It wouldn't have really bothered me if they looked subpar, as long as it didn't majorly detract from the film.

Archived