Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick note on the new NFL channel....

NFL | Eisen to Anchor NFL TV - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:25:38 -0700

The National Football League announced Wednesday, June 18, that Rich Eisen will be its lead anchor for NFL Network, the new NFL television programming service launching this fall. Eisen has been a popular mainstay for ESPN's SportsCenter. In his new role, he will anchor NFL Network's flagship program, a yet-to-be-named one-hour, fast-paced, live studio show from Los Angeles at 8 p.m. (ET) Monday-Friday. NFL Network, which will air seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis, will be carried initially on DIRECTV's basic service.

Originally posted by SmootSkins21

so whats stopping u from getting directv. You can get a directv package for as low as 20 bucks, and then 10 dollars for the sports channels. Of course if u want sunday ticket its going to be 200 per season.

you are right, however direct tv doesn't have internet anymore, and comcast has a deal where you get digital cable and digital internet for a good cost

also when it rains and is windy i always have tv ;)

Go Rich, I am happy for him :)

Originally posted by SmootSkins21

so whats stopping u from getting directv. You can get a directv package for as low as 20 bucks, and then 10 dollars for the sports channels. Of course if u want sunday ticket its going to be 200 per season.

Too lazy, mainly. I can get by with cable. :D

Originally posted by Skin-N-NY

I have had Direct TV for 4 years (this will be my 5th) and I have never missed a game due to weather. I have lived in South Jersey, New Hampshire and upstate New York.

I wish I could say I had never missed a game. Last season, I missed one quarter.......tape never turned off...........so I sit and watch 15 minutes of

"Searching for signal."

:laugh: :laugh: ;)

But I love Sunday ticket. This will be my 4th year of it.

Blondie

Sigh. Another pregame show to watch. :silly: Good for Eison though. Know what you mean Blondie. Been known to be up on roof with brother cleaning the snow of the dish after getting the dreaded Searching for signal message. Grumble.... :silly:

:cheers:

I am getting Direct TV next week or so.. 89 bucks I think for 200 some odd chanels and Of course NFL sunday TICKET so i can get drunk at house and watch the games. WOOOHOOOO!!! ON sunday i will football from 1-11:30 at night then catch the SportsCenter showing all the highlights i have already wacthed. Life will be good:)

I'd like to see them fill some space with shows like the Steve Spurrier Show and Redskins Report (like they do a half hour before the network pregame shows on Sunday Ticket). What about a rerun of "The Violent World of Sam Huff?" Maybe in primetime they could break it up with something similar to Reel Classics. There are lots of possibilities. Where are they now type stuff. Live press conferences (ala ESPNEWS). I could see the NFLE moving from FOX on to this channel. Too bad the NFL didn't purchase their 49% option of the Arena League...they could've used that for some filler too. They could also do a QVC-type shopping segment.

it would be nice to see a channel do a better job with the nfl than espn classic.it bugs me to no end that you can watch classic tennis,baseball,basketball,boxing,etc. and no complete nfl games.reckon this is a nfl films issue?

also.it would be nice to stop getting screwed on preseason games.paying for the directv sports pack does about zilch for you there.i have had sunday ticket now for 9 seasons.it would be nice to see some preseason ball.taped is ok.i fail to understand the logic of blacking out a game from tampa that was played yesterday.as i told the unsympathetic directv worker.

Originally posted by panel

Why is the studio located in LA? That the last place it should be. How about some where that has a team.

by the time this channel makes it big there will be, this is how the NFL is pushing everyone to get a team to LA

Originally posted by jimster

sorry if this is a a stupid question, but is it for sure the NFL channel is going to be on Direct TV and not on cable?

You'll note that the press release said:

NFL Network, which will air seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis, will be carried initially on DIRECTV's basic service.
emphaisis added

So initially, yes, just on DTV. I read that it will be coming to your digital cable service sooner rather than later. Unlike the Sunday ticket, it's not an exclusive deal and there aren't enought DTV subscribers to make it work.

As of yet, I haven't seen a complelling need to get digital cable. The NFL Channel would change that immediately.

Archived