Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Remember this former Redskin???

Buddha

From ffmastermind.com--<br /><br />-- Former Packer Stanley Wants Another Chance -- <br /><br />The Press-Gazette reports ex-Packers WR/KR Walter Stanley wants another shot at the NFL. Stanley, at 38, played in a former NFL player flag football game last year and looked half his age. None other than John Elway asked, "What are you doing here playing flag football? You should be in the league." Stanley couldn't agree more, which is where the Packers' scouts come in. He would appreciate a tryout with any NFL team, but he'd prefer one with the Packers. He hasn't played in the NFL since 1992, when he appeared in 13 games (no starts) with the Patriots. He said he left because he got sick of the politics, but he wants back in because he's older, wiser and convinced he's better than what's on the field. "I'm 100 percent serious," Stanley said. "It's not a question of thinking. It's a question of knowing. I know what I can do. I'm not kidding myself." Stanley, an investment banker in Aurora, Colo., said he still runs a 4.4 40-yard dash. He is into martial arts and full-contact fighting, and he still takes a stopwatch to the track to do sprint intervals at 100, 200 and 400 meters. He also said he doesn't drink alcohol, which has contributed to his exceptional conditioning. Oh, he'd also be willing to play for the league's veteran minimum. Give him a tryout "I've seen the Packers play, and I know I can help them," Stanley said. "That's not a knock on their receiving corps. I think they have good receivers. But I know as a veteran coming in, I would help them right away." <br /><br />20...

No, Walter Murray was the Westbrook-like WR from Hawaii that ended up being a 2nd round bust in 1986. Walter Stanley, if memory serves correctly, was a Pro Bowl returner for the Packers in 1988 that the Skins signed as a FA in 1989. He didn't do jack crap for us and was replaced in 1990 by Brian Mitchell.<br /><br />I could be off on the years as this took place during my hazy high school days, but I'm definitely NOT confusing him with Walter Murray.<br /><br />19...

Archived