Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 Hour energy

CAPT_CHAOS47

I quit drinking red bull and that crap for 5 hour energy...I know i shouldnt take it everyday but i do. I noticed the other day when i didnt take it i had a HORRIBLE HEADACHE and body aches...So i drank one and with 10 mins i was fine. I searched and couldnt find anything about it causing people to become dependent on it..I also couldnt find a straight answer on how it effects blood pressure.

Anyone else take this stuff and had any similar effects?

I used to go to Drill with a guy who would literally drink nothing on the weekends but this stuff. Well, comes to find out that one day he is literally getting the DT's from not having it.

He decides to quit because he knows its bad for you, and he gets the full blown withdrawal symptoms: Shaking, Cold Sweats, Insomnia, etc....holy cow it was like he was on drugs.

There is no doubt in my mind that the stuff is addicting...

I used to go to Drill with a guy who would literally drink nothing on the weekends but this stuff. Well, comes to find out that one day he is literally getting the DT's from not having it.

He decides to quit because he knows its bad for you, and he gets the full blown withdrawal symptoms: Shaking, Cold Sweats, Insomnia, etc....holy cow it was like he was on drugs.

There is no doubt in my mind that the stuff is addicting...

Damn...

Major Harris is right. It's caffeine addiction. I've had it since I was a kid; my daily Coke intake is around a 12-pack a day. If I don't have caffeine I feel bad, not really bad, but it nags at you a little. I work in a warehouse as a forklift driver/order selector. On the days that I pick cases, I hit the 5-hour stuff at least once, sometimes twice. It increases my productivity by 15-25%; I get paid by the case, so that makes a big difference - I also get paid more per case based on how fast I go, so the extra gumption = $. These energy shots have not affected me badly, but it's something I stay on the lookout for.

I took them for awhile, but they sort of stopped working. Now, the burst of energy usually lasts about a grand total of 30 mins

Yeah, if you hit them too hard that happens. I tend not to take a 2nd one in a night anymore because the second doesn't do much. It's also an individual thing; I know some people who claim is doesn't do anything to them. :whoknows:

I like them. It's not a jittery energy. But you can get a caffeine addiction from them I suppose. I read an article in Men's Health magazine that says 5 Hour energy is not harmful. It's just caffeine, which has a 5 hour life in the body.

I only use them when I need a pick-me-up in the middle of the day.. maybe 3 times a week tops. And they're really good for that. Yesterday I needed a wakeup after a meeting with a client, and stopped in Food Lion. They don't sell 5 Hour Energy.. they sell 6 HOUR Extreme Energy. All I could think of was "Seven Minute Abs, man! Seven Minutes!"

~Bang

Damn...

It's the caffeine as someone else alluded to earlier in the thread. It can be as addicting as most any drug. Even people who are just used to drinking multiple sodas a day could end up with a headache if they don't have any caffeine on any particular day.

I took them for awhile, but they sort of stopped working. Now, the burst of energy usually lasts about a grand total of 30 mins
Yeah, if you hit them too hard that happens. I tend not to take a 2nd one in a night anymore because the second doesn't do much. It's also an individual thing; I know some people who claim is doesn't do anything to them. :whoknows:

Probably because once you're addicted to caffiene, you need more to get the same effect. That's probably a good reason not to overuse them...

Yesterday I needed a wakeup after a meeting with a client, and stopped in Food Lion. They don't sell 5 Hour Energy.. they sell 6 HOUR Extreme Energy.

Those are a little better even, I think. My wife gets me the 5 Hour Extra Strength 24 pack at Sam's Club because it ends up cheaper that way.

200.JPG

how about 8 hour energy? LOL. Just a matter of time i suppose until it actually happens.

I wish that something to mimic the effects of a full night sleep could be made. Like for example you had to stay up all night studying for an exam, so on the morning of the test, you drink the drink and pretty soon you feel like you slept all night.

My guess is it would be very dangerous, and you could only safely use it like once or twice a week MAX....

Red Bull/Monster/etc. all sort of lull me into sleep actually and make me feel generally pretty sluggish.

5 Hour Energy is the only energy drink I use, I'll only use it when I'm up late studying or feel really tired during the day when I have a lot to do. Never lets me down though.

5 hour energy is crap, does nothing for me.

I like to drink amp when i am in info intensive classes, it helps relax me and keep me focused. If I am pulling an all nighter I drink the rockstar power shots.. those have kicks.

Archived