Extremeskins

fashion faux pas

gbear

Which game should I attend  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should I attend

• Clemson vs. Georgia
    • Clemson vs. FSU

Alrighty, it's summer and the weather is warming up. Assuming it stops raining, I'm just curious what you all think about socks and sandals.

I used to laugh at people who wore both.

However, my feet get darn hot here at work, and we started debating the level of fashion faux pas here in the office.

As a soccer player of 19 years with broken nasty toes, I wear socks with my sandals in the summer (with pants). I figure nobody really wants to see my mangled feet.

Others wear ties with short sleeve shirts....

What can I say? We're a classy bunch.

A coworker passed along this site trying to convince me hte error of my ways

http://www.mensstyle.com/tencommonmistakes.html

but it lost me at the point where it said my belt had to match my shoes. You mean i need another belt? :D

I used to do socks and sandels every now and then. But then I got married and my wife, a former GAP girl (insert joke here), nearly killed me when I tried doing it. It's good for comfort factor, but I guess, according to the high and mighty rules of fashion, you can't do it. For me it all depends on what I'm doing though, if I'm just making a quick run into town to blockbuster or the grocery story I will wear pretty much anything.

Speaking for myself.......but no other female......I would have to say...........

Socks and sandals.............think not.

But then again, my undies have to match......and be a similar color to what I am wearing that day.

;)

Blondie

I'm in the "No" group. My nephew tries to wear socks with his beach sandals, and I make him take them off and he's 10.

As for feet, hey.... we're guys.... and we can punish a pair of feet in no time. As for me, I've always had nice feet....properly proportioned and tanned during the summer. So..for me... it's sandals sans socks.

Speaking of feet, who here is manly enough to admit they get pedicures. I never have, but my significant other is always talking about getting them together. I never see the sense in it because I take care of my feet, making sure to take care of the toe nails to avoid the dreaded hang nail or ingrown nail. Man... I pulled the big toe nail off once and when it grew back it took awhile to find the "track" it had been sliding in since birth. Hurt like Haiti.

Im married and frankly dont care what anyone else thinks. It's only a faux pas if you care what others think of you. Then again, I dont know why anyone would care for the opinion of someone who uses appearance as a measuring stick.

Amen Kilmer.

On a funny note, I broached the topic with my fiance and one of her coworkers over dinner at TGIFridays last night. My fiance laughed and pointed to her feet...socks and sandals. That's my girl!

Her coworker just laughed at both of us.

I agree w/ Kilmer on being married, and thus not caring.

However, the correct answer (negligently omitted from the poll, I might add) is:

Only if you're a gay man (not that there's anything wrong with that) or from California (where that actually is the fashion {Sandals and socks I mean}).

I don't know guys, I'm going to have to dissent here on marriage giving you a free pass to ignore fashion.

In cases where the woman marries the man for reasons other than attraction, well, then faux pas away.

In the majority of unions however, people were drawn together because of attraction. Personal grooming, clothes, and hygiene are all components of attraction. Frankly I think anything that you can do to keep that attraction alive can only help the marriage.

Bottom line: You may not care what other's think of your appearance, but you should care what your spouse thinks.

Have to agree with Kurp. I'm married, but do care how I look.

I'm not vain, just want to be appropiate.

What worries me here is how long the off season has been that

we're into a lengthy discussion about wearing socks with sandals.

Man...we need football back sooner than I thought! :laugh:

Kurp, I do care what my wife thinks. I just dont care what others do. Im no longer trying to impress anyone but her.

Work is obviously a different story. Coat and tie or at the very least pressed khakis and golf shirt. I dont wear suits anymore.

I think if you're in your sixties and retired in Florida, you know in one of those retirement villages, that you are probably high styling. Other than that, don't wear the socks. Show off your busted up toes as your war wounds from a time when physical activity wasn't a necessity but a way of life.

I'll admit that I do wear socks with sandals.

When?

I don't wear shoes in my house. I normally go barefoot. On cold winter days I wear socks. On those same days it's easier just to slip into a pair of Teva's when I take my dogs on a walk than it is to don a pair of shoes and lace them up.

Otherwise, no socks with sandals.

Absolutely NOT!! Socks and sandals is just about the worst thing about summertime. The dress socks with sneakers comes close but doesn't quite reach the geekiness of socks and sandals.

However, if you don't mind looking stoopid and gay all at the same time then by all means go right ahead.

Ahhh Nahhh Nahhh Hell Nooo!!!!!!

I have this buddy who wears little bity socks with his sandals and we make fun of him every time. Even his girlfriend does. That sh!it has got to go. Fashion Faux Pa all the way. I don't care if you're married, gay, straight, or what not - you are a DORK.

Oh, and will you guys out there who still wear blue jeans and wihite tennis shoes (ala Seinfeld), please STOP.

Guys - married or otherwise - fashion matters, and now more than ever. Have some self respect already. Now go out and get some new clothes that aren't from the "Mens Section" of K-Mart - get a little sun and takes those damn socks off when you are donning sandals.

Better yet, just wear a pair of Reef flip flops and it's all settled.

P.S. Short shorts are out, too.

Originally posted by riggins44

Have to agree with Kurp. I'm married, but do care how I look.

I'm not vain, just want to be appropiate.

What worries me here is how long the off season has been that

we're into a lengthy discussion about wearing socks with sandals.

Man...we need football back sooner than I thought! :laugh:

Hey.......I worry sometimes also.

I see the threads and polls about the what football jersey to wear.......and now........sandals and socks.

Makes me wanna go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

;)

Blondie

My wife would laugh her arse off If I had socks on with sandles, as would every other person I know here. My feet aint nothing to look at either, and I live in sandles when not working. I also have a Fl golfers tan. White feet, tan legs:doh: While I don't tend to care what others think, I also don't walk around with a " DORK " sign on my back.

:cheers:

Archived