Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, what's the deal with the ACC/Big East?

@DCGoldPants

Last I heard, Virginia is pretty much being forced to vote "no" now because their Governor wants VT to be added to the list instead of BC. He doesn't understand that UVA doesn't want VT because of recruiting. He doesn't even care about the fate of the Big East, he just is worried about one school.

So, the ACC might just invite Miami, which would leave the Big East on life support rather than just dead. How about this?

UVA bites the bullet and the ACC invites VT, Miami and a 3rd school thats between MD and Florida?

I can understand why Duke and UNC want to stay the same....its because their football programs aren't even remotely on the rise and adding BC, Syracuse and Miami is adding 3 loses a year. I can't really blame them.

However, Football is what makes the NCAA really move and the ACC should at least add a 10th school so they can split into 2 and have a title game.

thoughts?

VT is part of the lawsuit now so I don't think they can even be invited. The hypocritical part of this is now the Big East, after crying about being raided, plan to raid Conference USA of Louisville, Marquette and Xaiver(A-10)!

the second and third teams are to be in major markets.... that's why the acc wants BC and 'Cuse. plus it will help the conference recruit more in the NE.

Marshall would never get the invite. Maybe if they had a solid basketball program, but even then-- they are in WV!!

There was some speculation about South Carolina being invited.. I think that PennState would be a great addition.... if they were to have UMIA, PennSt, and I would hope another Big East school, just because those pansies brought a lawsuit to stop the ACC.... and now they want to raid other conferences!!!

I read this elsewhere, but it makes sense.

What if the posturing about Tech is really a ploy to get UNC to vote yes on the ORIGINAL proposal of 12? They realize that UVA will vote YES on 13 teams and they would lose their bargaining position on divisional makeup, so they change their NO vote to a YES and keep it at 12 while remaining in power to determine the division breakdowns.

I've also heard they are now looking at adding 5. MIAMI, Cuse, BS, UCONN and VaTech.

Originally posted by Dagwood Bufford

They said on 980 today that with 10 teams, they could still have their own title game. I'm not sure how it works.

Can Marshall hoop? How about WVU?

I think that Marshall could use an upgrade in conference affiliation themselves. They should join the Big East which would force WVU to have to play them in football. You see, WVU will play them, if they play in Morgantown. WVU won't go to Marshall (which would be a sellout of over 40,000), but will go to Rutgers and Temple and play before 6,000 to 15,000 fans :puke: . Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of both schools, but WVU makes no sense in this respect. AND, WVU has sit back and admired (coveted) membership in the ACC since the forties. I wonder how loud they would scream if they were on the list. With all that said, I think WVU would make a fine addition to the ACC. The matchups would be more appealing to me as a fan that those of the Big East (minus VT and Miami). Syracuse, BC, Temple, Rutgers, UConn (football) do nothing for me. Being a fan of Notre Dame too, I think they should stay independent....unless Miami and eventually Penn State join the ACC. FSU, ND, Penn State, Miami, Clemson, etc. make a very, VERY appealing football conference.

Mike mike mike mike mike....:doh:

Please inform everyone who backed out the WVU/Marshall football deal...you know...the one that Marshall promised to play WVU for 3 years...and then backed out of after year 1. :D

I am an admitted WVU homer...but lets not forget who the big brother is in the state ;)

Archived