Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Dozen Current QBs Better Than Romo...

tr1

Nothing wrong with hating on the enemy, but at least be realistic about it. You could make fun of Romo sits to pee throwing a crap load of interceptions and not many people would disagree with that. At least that's one thing JC beats him at.

I truly believe this is a realistic statement: Tony Romo sits to pee will never be as good as his hype, Jason Campbell still can be.

I truly believe this is a realistic statement: Tony Romo sits to pee will never be as good as his hype, Jason Campbell still can be.

Be real. It's time to start calling Campbell a bust. Look at it this way, if you traded multiple picks to pick a QB in the first round, you'd expect more than a high of 13 TDs in a year and a QB rating of 80. You'd also expect him to lead his team to the playoffs. I hate to say it, but Jason Campbell is just mediocre.

I don't think so man. I'm sorry to say it but barring a stellar season this year, Jason's time is up. I do however, agree that Romo sits to pee is overly hyped.

Fixed that :thumbsup:...

So that makes 8 QBs who I think are better than Romo sits to pee, and two more who are pretty much equal to Romo sits to pee right now.

Give me the QB who actually WINS in the post-season, actually gets TO the NFC Championship game (multiple times), actually makes it TO the Super Bowl, and (in Eli's case) actually WINS the sucker lol. Why anyone, anywhere, would want to make a case that Romo sits to pee is better (right now) than either Eli or McNabb is beyond me. He's not. He's a late-season choking turnover machine. What a QB does in between September and November is less important in my eyes.

Sooo...Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better then Marino and ohh...Jim Kelly? I mean they never won superbowls. The team is more then just the quarterback you know.

I don't think so man. I'm sorry to say it but barring a stellar season this year, Jason's time is up. I do however, agree that Romo sits to pee is overly hyped.

You may well be right, but considering that Campbell never was gushed over by the media or half of Redskin fans, he doesn't have as far to go to live up to his hype. Romo sits to pee still does.

And while lots of people wanted Cutler to replace Campbell, lets not forget that plenty Dallas fans said they would trade Romo sits to pee for Cutler. That may have been in the emotion of a bad season, but they still entertained it.

And while lots of people wanted Cutler to replace Campbell, lets not forget that plenty Dallas fans said they would trade Romo sits to pee for Cutler. That may have been in the emotion of a bad season, but they still entertained it.

The Cowboy fans might have entertained the Romo sits to pee-Cutler trade, but the Redskin's front office entertained the same trade. There's a little bit of a difference there.

I think what they really wanted was to keep Romo sits to pee but to pull him and replace him in December with Cutler.

The Cowboy fans might have entertained the Romo sits to pee-Cutler trade, but the Redskin's front office entertained the same trade. There's a little bit of a difference there.

I am not comparing Romo sits to pee to JC. I am comparing Romo sits to pee's play to the hype he gets, versus JC's play to the hype he receives. JC has a better chance to reach those expectations, even if it's because the bar is lower.

Romo sits to pee would have to be nothing short of amazing to live up to his billing. Fair? Probably not. But he seems to be pretty ok with it.

I think what they really wanted was to keep Romo sits to pee but to pull him and replace him in December with Cutler.

THAT would be a scary thought. Brilliant!

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Big Ben

4. Brees

5. Rivers

10. Warner

11. Rodgers

I would consider these guys to be better than Romo sits to pee.

6. Palmer

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Eli

These guys are in the same general vicinity as Romo sits to pee.

12. Campbell

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?

Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

If you guessed this one is not like the others,

Then you're absolutely...right!

Okay, most of you agree that there are 11 better qbs than Romo sits to pee, right?

Romo sits to pee - hype <= Campbell

Romo sits to pee, over-hyped or not, is still not second-fiddle to Campbell. No way, no how. You're giving Campbell far too much credit.

Okay, most of you agree that there are 11 better qbs than Romo sits to pee, right?

Romo sits to pee - hype <= Campbell

based on your posts, when you're not just trying to stir the pot, you seem like a fairly reasonable and intelligent guy. I haven't seen any consensus in this thread about Romo sits to pee being the 12th best QB in the NFL. Where is this assertion coming from? And as far as Campbell goes, he might still prove to be worth the picks that you guys gave up to get him, but so far the only thing that he has over Romo sits to pee is that he doesn't throw interceptions - but that is bound to happen when you never throw the ball down the field. Constantly checking down allows you to not throw interceptions. It also doesn't allow for many TD passes.

Sooo...Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are better then Marino and ohh...Jim Kelly? I mean they never won superbowls. The team is more then just the quarterback you know.

No...because Jim Kelly and Dan Marino 1) won in the playoffs, 2) made it to the conference championships, 3) WON in the conference championships, and 4) made it to the Super Bowl. Try and keep up.

However, all of those QBs are better than Romo sits to pee lol :cool:

1. Brady duh

2. Peyton duh

3. Big Ben duh

4. Brees duh

5. Rivers duh

6. Palmer duh

7. Cutler :whoknows:

8. McNabb duh

9. Eli :whoknows:

10. Warner When healthy duh

11. Rodgers probably

12. Campbell not yet.......

If Romo sits to pee is 13, then Matt Ryan is 13 B. He might been a rookie, but dude was amazing last year.

Edit: I don't understand why people are hating on Mcnabb. He is way better than Romo sits to pee,

However, all of those QBs are better than Romo sits to pee lol :cool:

You're serious?

1. Brady -obviously

2. Peyton -I agree

3. Big Ben -Sure

4. Brees -Yep

5. Rivers -Right

6. Palmer -No, injured to often. Never won a playoff game and is statistically inferior to Romo sits to pee.

7. Cutler -Same as Palmer.

8. McNabb - I'll agree

9. Eli -Push. A game manager, but a good game manager.

10. Warner -I'd take Romo sits to pee over him. Larry Fitzgerald led them to the Super Bowl, not Warner. Good QB, but I'll take Romo sits to pee.

11. Rodgers -Same as Cutler and Palmer.

12. Campbell -Laughable.

I count only 6 QBs that I'd take over Romo sits to pee.

My list of better QB's than Romo sits to pee:

Brady

Brees

Collins

Delhomme

Hasselbeck

P. Manning

McNabb

Palmer

Roethlisberger

Warner

I think he's on the same tier as guys like Cutler/Rodgers/Rivers. Young guys who have done good things in the league, but are waiting to take the next step.

You're serious?

1. Brady -obviously

2. Peyton -I agree

3. Big Ben -Sure

4. Brees -Yep

5. Rivers -Right

6. Palmer -No, injured to often. Never won a playoff game and is statistically inferior to Romo sits to pee.

7. Cutler -Same as Palmer.

8. McNabb - I'll agree

9. Eli -Push. A game manager, but a good game manager.

10. Warner -I'd take Romo sits to pee over him. Larry Fitzgerald led them to the Super Bowl, not Warner. Good QB, but I'll take Romo sits to pee.

11. Rodgers -Same as Cutler and Palmer.

12. Campbell -Laughable.

I count only 6 QBs that I'd take over Romo sits to pee.

No, when I said "all of those QBs" were better than Romo sits to pee, I meant Marino, Kelly, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer lol...not the QBs on tr1's list.

Plus, I was being a bit facetious in order to take yet another jab at Romo sits to pee.

And no way in hell do I give Fitz all the credit for the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl and give Warner none...that's insane.

No, when I said "all of those QBs" were better than Romo sits to pee, I meant Marino, Kelly, Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer lol...not the QBs on tr1's list.

Plus, I was being a bit facetious in order to take yet another jab at Romo sits to pee.

And no way in hell do I give Fitz all the credit for the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl and give Warner none...that's insane.

My mistake. I misunderstood you.

I think that Fitzgerald deserves more credit than Warner for their Super Bowl run. Warner deserves credit, he did a good job in the playoffs, but Fitzgerald is by far the biggest reason why they went as far as they did.

My list of better QB's than Romo sits to pee:

Brady

Brees

Collins

Delhomme

Hasselbeck

P. Manning

McNabb

Palmer

Roethlisberger

Warner

I think he's on the same tier as guys like Cutler/Rodgers/Rivers. Young guys who have done good things in the league' date=' but are waiting to take the next step.[/quote']

I definitely put Rivers over Romo sits to pee and Cutler right now :yes:...unlike Romo sits to pee, Rivers actually plays well consistently in December, and he actually wins playoff games. Last season Rivers was 4-0 in December and threw 11 TDs and only 1 INT in that 4 game stretch, and with the playoffs on the line. Compare that to Cutler having a three game lead on his closest division rival, with three games to go...and laying a gigantic turd in those three games, throwing just 2 TDs and 4 INTs.

Rivers vaults over Romo sits to pee and Cutler right now, imo...

My mistake. I misunderstood you.

I think that Fitzgerald deserves more credit than Warner for their Super Bowl run. Warner deserves credit, he did a good job in the playoffs, but Fitzgerald is by far the biggest reason why they went as far as they did.

Eh, I think if anything it was equal :yes:...hard to imagine the Cardinals going as far as they did without either player.

Archived