Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confederations Cup 2009 South Africa

Zazzaro703

For you to say that ALL soccer players dive is a complete joke. There are plenty of players who refuse to go down. Yes, there are plenty of players who dive, and I can't stand it but they do so to get a favorable call. Basketball players are the biggest divas out of any sport, and god forbid Kobe doesn't get the foul call he wants then he will go off on the refs for the next 5 minutes.

Sorry you took that 100% literally. I have said the same thing about NBA superstars. The Italians are the worst, they are despicable to watch. And yes, the NBA has plenty of divas but it's the league's fault that the rules have gotten so soft that that's what they're accustomed to. Nevertheless, I can't stand watching most of the superstars now because they are women (metaphorically speaking).

And please, this entire game every time somebody gets touched, I've seen half of either team throw their hands up at the refs.

U.S. gives them way too much cushion. When I played soccer I was always told to attack the guy with the ball and FORCE him to make a rash decision with it... rather than give him two huge avenues to go around you.

They're down a man though.

read your response warlord and yeah good i can see why we would want him but i dont blame him for what hes doing

I can see why he would want to play for Italy, but he was born and raised for the most part in the U.S. I think it makes MORE sense to play for the U.S.

Again, I'm not mad... I'm jealous. The U.S. needs all the help it can get to field good players.

EDIT: Where is Hejduk? I haven't seen him in awhile and I don't remember him against Honduras.

you guys are so ridiculous why would you get mad? he's just as italian as he is american

edit: read your response warlord and yeah good i can see why we would want him but i dont blame him for what hes doing

He was born in New Jersey to parents that immigrated to the US and have become US citizens. He went to US schools, paid for by US taxes. Went to US camps, paid for by the US Soccer Federation.

He's Italian by a technicality only.

I really wish someone on the US had hurt him to the point that he never plays the game again.

**** him. Deport his parents and put him on the No Fly list. **** him. **** him **** him. There should be a field bounty on his head.

We got ****ed again today. One side officiating gave the greaseballs enough of an advantage and we STILL held our own.

meh

thats like somebody saying im salvadoran by technicality only...dont agree with that.

lol yeah taxes have sooo much more to do with where youre from than how you are culturally brought up in a household, etc

hes an italian-american

Doesnt make my hatred for him to burn any less.

The dude plays for italy and will probably move to Ac Milan or Juventus from a footballing perspective it makes sense. But yeah he still is a little judas ****...a good one too. Im interested to see if we still have a buy back clause in his contract (Manchester United). I rate him higher than Tevez, his technical ability is excellent.

Watching this game only makes me depressed. We have a team that has the ability to beat the world's best, yet it will not happen. We will constantly get mystery/questionable calls and redcards. A redcard on that play is absolutely ridiculous. Especially given the fact that it was his FIRST penalty, and it was at midfield with no chance of a breakaway or score!

Secondly, Bob Bradley you are horrible! Why in God's name would you take out the most effective player on the field. A player that was geting us penatlies, shots, and chances while playing 1 on 4. A player that has nothing to do with the midfield mind you. A midfield that is completely dead tired from playing a man down almost the entire game. Why couldnt he provide a sub before the 75th minute? I find it mindblowing that italy had subbed in 3 players before we even subbed in 2.

And again.. the subs brought in at the end of the game brought little to zero creativity offensively to a team that needed a goal. BEASLEY? What does he have to do to get a permanent spot on the bench? We have 2 mids by the name of torres and adu that have offensive skills and yet we put in a loser who has no touch, no shot, and the worst crossing ability ive ever seen for an international player.

We got ****ed again today. One side officiating gave the greaseballs enough of an advantage and we STILL held our own.

What game were you watching. Italy outclassed the USA all over the field the entire time. US plays with no freaking shape anywhere on the field and just looks lost when they play European Teams. And how can you fault Rossi. I would choose Italy over the US as well. Same reason why i grew up cheering for Italy instead of the US in soccer. US soccer is really pretty much soccer underwater.... It's too damn slow. Until our best athletes play soccer instead of football, baseball, basketball we will never be a factor on the world stage.

A few more things.... The red card was def one of the worst calls i have ever seen. That wasn't even a yellow card. And what is up with people being able to run free in the US's box. That last goal was a shame. Mark the hell up. Too many times in recent games have a seen opposing teams strikers and midfielders just run into the Penalty area unmarked. Unreal. Exactly why i cheer for Italy on the national stage over the US.

Archived