Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stan Hixon's Wikipedia Page

airs0ft3r

I don't mean this as a insult to anyone, but does WR coach really matter all that much? It seems to me that a WR coach is a WR coach, and they would all teach the same kinds of things. How much difference would there be between Hixon and Thrash? What would make Thrash a better WR coach? Or someone else? Is it the coach's fault the Redskins WRs have been a little lacking? I'm all for keeping Thrash in the organization, just as long as it's productive and not keeping him for the sake of keeping him.

I do not think I like Stan Hixon because of the stats James Thrash has from 97-present. Thrash averaged 2 TDs a season in his entire tenure here but averaged about 13 TDs a season in the 3 years he had in Philly. That sickens me...

I believe we have horrible coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully James Thrash is incorporated into our coaching core, our new TE coach turns out to be productive, and Jim Zorn's WCO can change our old school offensive play which is so boring btw. We need to go balls out and get this thing rolling.

I am anxious as hell for September to get here.

I may sound like I'm hating on the guy, but I just don't see what Hixon has ever contributed to the team. What WR has he ever helped along?

I could be wrong and if I am by all means please let me know.

I agree. Can't say he helped along Santana Moss, because he was already good in New York, we have only seen a drop in performance from Randle El since he came from Pittsburgh, and all we've seen from my man Devin is Pass-Interference and partying.

oh lord. how can any of us really see what hes doing?
You are right, we can't see anything that Hixon is doing.:hysterical:

Steve Jackson has helped coach up the likes of Sean Taylor, LaRon Landry, Reed Doughty, Chris Horton and Kareem Moore. Who has Hixon coached up?

IMO you don't always have to see exactly what kind of work a person is doing at their job to be able to tell how they are doing. What they were able to produce or the final results of that work is the telling tale.:2cents:

I do not think I like Stan Hixon because of the stats James Thrash has from 97-present. Thrash averaged 2 TDs a season in his entire tenure here but averaged about 13 TDs a season in the 3 years he had in Philly. That sickens me...

Well, Philly tried to use him as a #1 receiver for a season and used him as the #2 for the other two seasons. He was never higher than the #3 receiver when he played here.

PS. He averaged 5 TD's per season in philly, not 13.

I might be missing something. Is it funny because there's next to nothing written about him? I can see that as a parallel to how many receivers he's developed.
Quoth Wikipedia:

"Stan Hixon (born July 24, 1957 in Lakeland, Florida) is the Wide Receiver Coach for the Washington Redskins. He is the absolute worst at developing receivers: see Taylor Jacobs, Rod Gardner and many more. Basically, any receiver that blows in the league has been coached by Stan Hixon."

oh lord. how can any of us really see what hes doing?

Bingo. Exactly how well have Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gardener played outside DC? You don't think maybe they weren't that good to begin with? And James Thrash, for all his effort and hard work, lacked the physical tools to be a starting NFL WR. None of you have a clue what Hixon does or does not do. Neither do I, which is why I'm not going to sit here and say he's great or say he sucks. The only thing I know about him is that several different coaches appeared to think he's good enough to keep around. That really is about the only thing we know about him.

Bingo. Exactly how well have Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gardener played outside DC? You don't think maybe they weren't that good to begin with? And James Thrash, for all his effort and hard work, lacked the physical tools to be a starting NFL WR. None of you have a clue what Hixon does or does not do. Neither do I, which is why I'm not going to sit here and say he's great or say he sucks. The only thing I know about him is that several different coaches appeared to think he's good enough to keep around. That really is about the only thing we know about him.
Considering the results, either:

A. The WR coach sucks.

B. Our WR scouts suck.

Someone needs to be held accountable, so let's figure out who.

Considering the results, either:

A. The WR coach sucks.

B. Our WR scouts suck.

Someone needs to be held accountable, so let's figure out who.

I'm really willing to give a mixed solution of .5 weight to both solutions. I mean, we've been bringing in some trash here and calling it gold (Lloyd anybody??), but I don't remember anybody saying Hixon's resume is stellar either.

I'll say this - Moss did break a Redskins record under Hixon, so that should count for something. And ARE has put up his best years as a WR (in terms of catches and yards) under Hixon, so that should also count for something.

But we're not giving him much to work with.

Yeah, thats true too. For what its worth, how good was Byner as a RB coach? I mean Portis was putting up decent seasons under him, but not near what he was doing in Denver. Then we let him go and brought in dude from Seattle.

We chose to keep Hixon, so maybe he's a good teacher and just needs some more talent to work with.

I'll say this, I haven't seen too many rookie WRs tear it up in the preseason like Thrash did back in the day or like Leslie Shepard or a few others. But that can maybe go to scouting too?

I believe we have horrible coaching on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully James Thrash is incorporated into our coaching core, our new TE coach turns out to be productive, and Jim Zorn's WCO can change our old school offensive play which is so boring btw. We need to go balls out and get this thing rolling.

I am anxious as hell for September to get here.

Thrash scored 15 TD's in his 3 years in Philly. (2001-2003)

He only scored 8 total TD's in his 9 years with Washington. (1997-2000, 2004-2008)

How sad is that?

Archived