Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Thrash has been released

vainglory

Take care James and thanks for everything over the years. I must admit, I am happy to see the redskins turning a page on some of the veterans that have not had much of an impact in recent years. This opens an opportunity for Marko Mitchel and Kieth Eloi.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Release_James_Thrash_41258.jsp

Thrash was always a steady guy when he was in there. I wish him good luck. One thing about it, father time is an undefeated opponent.

Tharsh was a great example of pro...we don't loose a whole bunch of production but I think his leadership in the locker room will be missed.....Your right some of the younger guys will have to step up..not only on the field but in the locker room as well.

Thanks for everything Thrash.

I hope he stays with the organization as a coach or something.

And before anyone starts thinking this means Marko or Eloi will get a spot, it's looking more like Roydell Williams (remember him?) will get the 5th WR spot.

Personally I wanted to see this end a little differently. While I wanted to see someone else on the roster, I was hoping that we could have had James retire as a Redskin as opposed to him being released.

I hope he comes back and coaches our WR's in the very near future, I think he would be a great WR coach.

To be honest this was LONG overdue. Sure he was good when he was here the first time, but then left for the Eagles of all teams, and when he came back he was nothing more than a special teams player, a good one but this team had other needs and he was expendable. Happy retirement Thrash.

I'm always bittersweet on Thrash.

On the one hand he's a total standup guy. He doesn't know it, but VIP passes he's given out to training camp made it in to my hands, and I thank him for that!

But at the same, his best years as a WR were as an Eagle. Not his fault, he needs to perform his best, in whatever situation he finds him self, but as a fan, I still see him streaking down the sidline catching passes from McNabb - against the redskins.

Still like the guy, and hope nothing but good things for him, but he's always been sort of a mixed bag in my mind.

Archived