Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

moving to santa barbara CA

brial85

Santa Barbara is a gorgeous place to live :yes:...Not sure where any Skins games can be seen there, though. Although there are some small sports bars along the main strip, if I remember correctly. Seem to recall some sporting events on tvs and a lot of loudness and laughter and beers being downed as I walked by some of these places lol...

I used to live there and never found a "Redskins Bar" per se, but plenty of small bars that would put the game on one of their many TVs. I had a friend that used to watch games at Mel's Lounge. I think I watched at some old school place called Cliff's Room on Cliff Dr.

Yeah, I agree LA is the armpit of CA. (no offense to LA'ers)

Armpit of Ca. is Kern County (stationed there 8 years)... Followed closely by LA...:)

As to the OP, The Redskin bar in CA. is going to be in your Living!!!!

You sure can pick some good places to live. San Diego is awesome and so is Santa Barbara. There are plenty of restaurants with satellite feeds so you should have no problems. It is a real college town too. No pollution there either. Goleta is a little cheaper to live than some parts of Santa Barbara. A lot of movie stars live there too.

hmm... do explain
Is there that much pollution there?...I don't remember that being an issue...

It was in an article I was reading about China and their Industry. They're producing so much that loose earth from deforestation and things like arsenic other pollutants are in the sky; thick enough that some of it has actually floated across the pacific.

According to the article, the sky in Santa Barbara can look clear white in the morning, it's the suns rays reflecting off all this junk that's traveled over the ocean.

The article was written in 2005, so who knows if it's still accurate, but I'll be inserested to know if the sky indeed looks like that.

Archived