Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Pet's death linked to Miami's serial cat killer

BigMike619

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/11/florida.cats.killed/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- He was black and white, the perfect gift for the 6-year-old daughter of Donna and Ronald Gleason. His name was Tommy.

The black and white tuxedo cat was one of a dozen pets that have been killed and mutilated recently by someone in the Miami area, police said.

The Gleasons do not want their daughter's name to be revealed. Donna Gleason asked the child to leave the room before telling CNN the gruesome details of what happened to their cat.

"Part of his skin was missing underneath ... and part of his legs," Gleason said. "He was partially skinned."

Miami-Dade Police spokesman Bobby Williams said two of the cat carcasses were "posed." He said that anyone capable of such cruelty toward and torture of an animal "is disturbed at some sort of level."

The crimes began May 13. A reward of up to $10,000 has been offered for any information leading to an arrest.

pretty damn sick....but they say that most serial killers start off by doing bizarre stuff to animals first before moving on to humans.

Well, if people didn't let their cats run wild, this wouldn't have happened. Instead of people being responsible pet owners and keeping their pets inside, police manhours will now be wasted on finding a kitty killer.

so its the owner's fault that there is a guy out there skinning cats and mutilating them?

that seems a bit backwards bro.

Well, if people didn't let their cats run wild, this wouldn't have happened. Instead of people being responsible pet owners and keeping their pets inside, police manhours will now be wasted on finding a kitty killer.

That doesn't give anyone the right to mutilate a cat

No, if some coward wasn't out there mutilating cats this wouldn't have happened.

This dude's mutilating cat's. Not just killing them, he's obviously sick in the head. Like mentioned previously, this is something that most serial killers started out doing.

Yeah, no sense in the police catching on to him til he starts leaving people in his wake. I'd bet every profiler there is thinks this guy needs to be caught right now.

I'd say we're lucky this is catching their attention.

~Bang

Don't let your kids go to school man, someone might shoot them on the way there, but it will be your fault. Be responsible and home school them.

Nice logic, huh.

so its the owner's fault that there is a guy out there skinning cats and mutilating them?

that seems a bit backwards bro.

Is he breaking into houses and killing the cats or is he finding them in the outdoors?

Sick and twisted? Yes, but the cats could have just as easily been hit by a car. Bottom line is, if you own a cat, keep it indoors. Then it won't be killed by a car or a kitty serial killer.

Is he breaking into houses and killing the cats or is he finding them in the outdoors?

Sick and twisted? Yes, but the cats could have just as easily been hit by a car. Bottom line is, if you own a cat, keep it indoors. Then it won't be killed by a car or a kitty serial killer.

dude, thats horrible. im sorry man but you cant justify this in the least bit.

and he killed tommy right in their yard!!

You entirely miss the point.

~Whiff.

Thanks for this twisted perspective on the story.

lol, cats...just like any other animal, are meant to be outdoors. sure they're domesticated, but they're also born with claws and sharp teeth.

i don't particularly care for cats, but i had them growing up. and ours spent an equal amount of time inside and outside. confining an animal to the indoors is taking it out of it's element.

i don't think people quarantining their cats indoors is going to stop someone like this anyway. what if, because of the cat quarantine (lol), he moves onto other targets like say....humans?

Surely you wouldn't suggest all the humans in Miami be "responsible" and stay inside would you?

You entirely miss the point.

~Whiff.

No, all of you are missing it.

If these cats were kept indoors, would they be chopped up right now. Yes or no.

I can't believe I started such a hissy fit. I'm out, I gotta stock up on anti-freeze. ;)

I can't believe I started such a hissy fit. I'm out, I gotta stock up on anti-freeze. ;)

So if someone gets murdered, its their fault for being outside? Makes no sense

If those peoples' flesh wasn't so delicious, Jeffrey Dahmer would never have eaten them.

Ah, the old "everyone is wrong but me" ploy.

Well played.

~Bang

Archived