Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whale Wars - Animal Planet

GoSkins561

I watched it over the weekend for the first time. The captain seems kind of crazy, I found myself wondering wtf do they get the money for all this stuff from?

I think they doing a good thing because you know it's total BS that those Japanese ships are "collecting tissue samples."

I watched it over the weekend for the first time. The captain seems kind of crazy, I found myself wondering wtf do they get the money for all this stuff from?

I think they doing a good thing because you know it's total BS that those Japanese ships are "collecting tissue samples."

The Chilli Peppers made a huge donation during last season and I am sure Animal Planets endorsement helps raise money as well.

I agree, killing the whales for tissue is complete b.s. These guys are very serious about the cause, it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt in the name of saving whales.

I saw it today for the first time. Seems like a show worth watching. The captain seems less crazy than the first mate. They were trying to navigate through an ice field today and he was basically hitting icebergs left and right...all the younger activists were trying to tell him how to avoid them and he couldn't understand the coordinates they were giving out. Kinda like grandpa trying to navigate a caddilac through a parking lot and hitting shopping carts. Seems like a pretty good show.

Awesome show, but won't be too popular amongst the largely republican crowd here

I love me some Dean Collins. :silly:

Now I am not for the killing of whales. But if some yahoos started throwing chemicals at you while you are building decks and complain about the destroying of trees and want to stop you....you wouldn't take too kindly to it. Of course you aren't actually the one that is cutting the tree down, but you are providing the product to the end consumer. :chair:

To you the tree is unimportant. To the yahoo, it means a lot to them. To you, you are just providing the end consumer what they want.

So who is right? The end consumer, the yahoo that is on a mission to save the environment, or the person processing the product to deliver to the consumer.

Everyone is just trying to make a living. :evilg:

Everyone's living doesn't fit in with everyone elses.

You can apply this concept to whaling, or abortion, or fur coats, or leather shoes, or eating venison, or cows, or veal, or chickens.

In India a cow is sacred, in the US, we slaughter them like its no tomorrow.

Some people care, some people don't. It's not a republican thing. :) It's a humanity thing and it works at many different levels.

Now go build your decks out of our forest and prosper. :D

I saw the show a few months ago. It's def. interesting. I don't agree with the tactics the captain sometimes used. But it makes for good TV.

Throwing flour and citric acid on the deck is nothing, this year they appear to ram the whale boats. I believe him when he says that he and his crew are willing to die in the name of protecting whales, which is one of the reasons he got the boot from Green Peace.

I wish they would do the show from both sides. Show the anti-whale crowd and their shenanigans, but ALSO show the whalers trying to earn a living and having to deal with a bunch of hippies with questionable boat driving skills throwing **** at the boat.

It would be great TV if the whaling captain was a salty MFer like Sig from Deadliest Catch.

Yeah all those republicans want to do is burn down trees and kill whales.

my day isnt complete unless I burn a tree, kill a whale and kick a hippie.

It would be great TV if the whaling captain was a salty MFer like Sig from Deadliest Catch.

the show would last 4 minutes max. the hippies would throw something, sig would get pissed and ram them. edgar and the greenhorn would jump over and stomp the **** out of them, throw them in pots and take them back to dutch harbor to weigh them...hippies get good money nowadays on the free market

the show is skewed and one sided (then again what media outlet isnt these days?) if you worked for animal control, and people started to harass you with their cars while u were trying to catch stray animals, which wud prob be put down at the pound, you wudnt be too happy, because its your job.

how does that differ than this show? the japanese are hunting whales, cuz its their job. they dont go out there and kill them for no reason. its an industry, people, its a lifestyle and a culture. the show is lame and sheds negative life on a foreign culture. not to mention its staged. cuz in reality, these japanese people would not just sit idly by while peole harass their work.

i do hope those people die for the whales, cuz it would mean less radical tree huggers, and more money for tv.

I love me some Dean Collins. :silly:

Now I am not for the killing of whales. But if some yahoos started throwing chemicals at you while you are building decks and complain about the destroying of trees and want to stop you....you wouldn't take too kindly to it. Of course you aren't actually the one that is cutting the tree down, but you are providing the product to the end consumer. :chair:

To you the tree is unimportant. To the yahoo, it means a lot to them. To you, you are just providing the end consumer what they want.

So who is right? The end consumer, the yahoo that is on a mission to save the environment, or the person processing the product to deliver to the consumer.

Everyone is just trying to make a living. :evilg:

Everyone's living doesn't fit in with everyone elses.

You can apply this concept to whaling, or abortion, or fur coats, or leather shoes, or eating venison, or cows, or veal, or chickens.

In India a cow is sacred, in the US, we slaughter them like its no tomorrow.

Some people care, some people don't. It's not a republican thing. :) It's a humanity thing and it works at many different levels.

Now go build your decks out of our forest and prosper. :D

I'm sorry I can understand your tree logic, but trying to get around a loop hole to hunt whales in a area deemed a whale sanctuary is COMPLETELY different.

"Establishment of the Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary was agreed upon by the IWC in 1994 with 23 countries supporting the agreement and only Japan opposing it."

I think you all are missing a huge point here. I think the Captain is a nut and attention whore, but in the end he is only trying to bring attention to a cause he feels strongly about and he has a point.

I watched all of season one. I enjoyed the show and I support the cause, but the Captain is constantly bringing on new, inexperienced crews. They seem to screw up everything they try. So what I saw was a season of bungling and mishaps. Also- I'd like to see a whale every now and then.

I missed the premiere of season two so I hope to catch a rerun this week.

Also- I'd like to see a whale every now and then.

+1

I'm disappointed in the show. With a title of Whale Wars, I thought it would be like Robot Wars, where the crew would fit out different types of whales with weapons, and then let them go at it. A blue whale fitted with a big battering ram versus a sperm whale with a rotating saw blade.

That would be awesome.

+1

I'm disappointed in the show. I thought it would be like Robot Wars, where the crew would fit out different types of whales with weapons, and then let them go at it. A blue whale fitted with a big battering ram versus a sperm whale with a rotating saw blade.

That would be awesome.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

nearly pissed my pants :D

i think then this show might be top of my list of fav

Archived