Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Favre family books rooms for Viking game

tr1

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_FAVRE_HOTEL?SITE=MELEE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2009-06-09-12-59-46

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Brett Favre's family is ready for his return to Green Bay if he winds up playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

Favre's family and friends have booked 25 to 30 rooms at the Midway Motor Lodge near Lambeau Field for the weekend of the Nov. 1 Vikings game at Green Bay, according to the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

The quarterback's family and friends often stayed at the hotel during Favre's final years with the Packers, Midway manager Doug Warpinski told the newspaper. Warpinski declined comment to The Associated Press on Tuesday.

The 39-year-old Favre retired in February for the second time, blaming a partially torn biceps tendon for his poor play for the New York Jets. The three-time NFL MVP reportedly had surgery on his right shoulder in May.

The Vikings have expressed interest in bringing him back for a 19th season.

Let us pray that the Vikings get smashed in this game. I would absolutely love that.

It's a rare moment when I root for a team to win a game as if it were the Redskins. The last time in fact was in January of 1995 when the 49ers beat Dallas in the NFC Championship Game. I was as big a 49er fan that day as I was a Skins fan.

But if The Drama Queen does decide to grace us with her presence once more, I will be rooting for the Packers to not only beat the Vikings but to beat the living **** out of The Drama Queen.

This is getting more pitiful by the day.

Instead of being remembered for being a darn good QB, who gave 100% and did EVERYTHING he could to win, EVERY time he took the field, and excited the heck out of folks doing it; Favre's in serious danger, human nature being what it is in remembering the last thing we see, of being remembered as a whiny ass, attention seeking whore, who was a mediocre player on the field, a sham of his former self, as he now is.

Give it up Brett, please. Spend some well earnt time relaxing with the family, WELL away from football. This debacle is painful to watch.

Some guys just don't know when to let go, sighs.

Hail.

Archived