Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many People Still Use Instant Messengers?

MattFancy

Which Social Networking Site do You Use the Most?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which Social Networking Site do You Use the Most?

• Facebook
    • Myspace
    • Twitter
    • Other (please list)
    • I don't do any social networking.

I remember when IMs were a big thing in the late 90's early 2000's. I can't tell you the last time I've been on AIM. I used to be on there constantly, but it seems now with text messaging, why would I use IM anymore. Just wondering how many people still use it now.

I remember when IMs were a big thing in the late 90's early 2000's. I can't tell you the last time I've been on AIM. I used to be on there constantly, but it seems now with text messaging, why would I use IM anymore. Just wondering how many people still use it now.

I hop on every now and then...but now that facebook has the IM feature, its pointless.

i rarely use AIM anymore. Only if there's one or two partiuclar people i need to talk to and i know i can find them on there. Other than that, i use the Facebook chat thing mostly. And that's not even very frequently.

I use yahoo mostly. now that yahoo mail has incorporated your messenger list on it i do a lot more then usual too.

used to use all of the above. MSN, AIM, Yahoo. Hell, I was even on ICQ back in 98

I had ICQ too. That was the first IM service I used. Nothing like hearing "uh-oh" everytime you got a message lol

My girlfriend is miles away from me and we don't get to see each other on a daily basis, only every few days for right now (college/work) so along with text messages and phone calls, AIM has been essential to our relationship. I don't like it though, I use xfire for my friends that I've played online games with for years.

Nope, it ended once college ended.

Mine ended in the middle of college I guess. My first 2 years I was on AIM all the time. Then once text messaging got bigger, it was just easier to communicate that way. Instead of hoping someone was in front of their computer, I could just shoot them a text and it would be easier.

One of my larger clients wanted me to use AIM.

I downloaded it and then spent the next hour taking all of the junk it gave me off my system.

I told the client I have a phone for this purpose.

~Bang

I use yahoo mostly. now that yahoo mail has incorporated your messenger list on it i do a lot more then usual too.

used to use all of the above. MSN, AIM, Yahoo. Hell, I was even on ICQ back in 98

nice. i used all the same, even icq, but canned that one a few years ago after it had been sitting on trillian for 3 years without ever getting/sending an IM.

Archived