Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best TV Character Run-Off: Dwight vs. Magnum vs. Kermit CLOSED

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Got to go with Kermit. The frog transcends genres and ages and eras. Sesame Street, Muppet Show, Commercial pitch man, Movie star. Actor, singer, comedian, host, dancer that frog could do it all. Plus, Henson was a local.

The problem with Magnum and Kermit were that they were in starring roles and had to carry plots. I think that takes away from some of the acting one can give off.

Dwight sells Barbies for $200 a pop. Magnum's landlord was a better character then him. And Kermit was nothing without Piggy!!

Disagree. Kermit was a star since he began in the 1950's and then made a huge rebirth in '69 with Sesame Street. The Piggy think didn't really happen until the late 70's or early 80's. Kermit was his own frog until then and wasn't so much the set up man for the jokes of other characters.

Plus, when I interviewed Henson's widow last year, she said Kermit was the most human and by far Jim's favorite character.

The problem with Magnum and Kermit were that they were in starring roles and had to carry plots. I think that takes away from some of the acting one can give off.

Dwight sells Barbies for $200 a pop. Magnum's landlord was a better character then him. And Kermit was nothing without Piggy!!

I think the character of Dwight becomes irritating without the rest of the cast and especially without Michael Scott to play off of...Kermit was enjoyable under any circumstances, though. And I really like Dwight's character lol :thumbsup:...

Califan, can you start a thread about best tv show theme songs??? Magnum P.I. would def be up there and so would Hill Street Blues and the Fall Guy, and of course the absolute best.... Taxi theme song. I think the name of it is "Angela" or "Angela's ballad"

Magnum was a good character, I like Tom's cowboy rolls better though.

Dwight is funny as hell, probably my favorite on TV right now.

Kermit is a classic who can be loved by children and adults. I'll go with Kermy.

Here's the role Kermit never got to play.

Hill Street Blues had a great theme song as well...

Yeah,

"Suicide is painless" was the name of the M.A.S.H. theme song... come on man, its a thread that needs to be made, and I dont make threads...

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good portrayal and I think his character may be remembered, but he'll be one of those guys you'll be like... hey, remember that funny guy on the Office... what's his name... you know who I'm talking about... the weirdo? He was great.

I don't think Dwight will be one of those first name characters like Lucy or Gomer or Gilligan, Ginger... I think he'll be a level or two below that.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a good portrayal and I think his character may be remembered, but he'll be one of those guys you'll be like... hey, remember that funny guy on the Office... what's his name... you know who I'm talking about... the weirdo? He was great.

I don't think Dwight will be one of those first name characters like Lucy or Gomer or Gilligan, Ginger... I think he'll be a level or two below that.

Well The Office probably won't run nerely as long as those other shows also, so thats not fair!!!

I know what you mean though.

Califan, can you start a thread about best tv show theme songs??? Magnum P.I. would def be up there and so would Hill Street Blues and the Fall Guy, and of course the absolute best.... Taxi theme song. I think the name of it is "Angela" or "Angela's ballad"

Knight Rider.

It's your first date with a new girl.

She comes over to your house, and you have a "Best of Kermit" dvd playing. Might as well break out the D&D set too.

You aren't getting laid.

Dwight ftw......by 1,000 miles.

Archived