Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Singer/Bands of the '60's

Burgold

Who's the tops of the 50's  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the tops of the 50's

Okay, I think we've got a good enough selection. Please choose your top five bands/singers from the sixties. After this, we will have a battle of the ages.

The poll will take longer for this one.

Here's the list in no particular order:

I tried to do that otherwise it might dilute them too much or have them compete against each other which could cause a world ending paradox! I will probably miss here and there (even sometimes accidentally). Some groups are really tough to define like the Who who I consider a 70's band and Bang insisted was a 60's group.

At first I thought about making my eras 54-64, 65-75, etc., but I thought it'd get to clumsy.

Seems this is the least controversial list. And I agree on the Doors. I think if Morrison had not died they'd be a third tier band by now.

And while I like the Monkees, I don't think they'd last all that long. Besides, made for tv bands are a little icky.

I don't know, lots of great bands, but I'd have to say just looking in that decade alone, not after, the Beach Boys have to be top 5, but there is no way the Beatles and Stones can be anything but 1 & 2 or vice versa.

EDIT: and no Ricky Nelson? That's disappointing.

without question

The Beatles

The Beatles are pretty much responsible for nearly everything Rock/Metal that came after them. No Beatles, probably no Led Zeppelin. No Beatles, probably no Black Sabbath. No Zeppelin or Sabbath, no Rock/Metal as we know it.

without question

The Beatles

The Beatles are pretty much responsible for nearly everything Rock/Metal that came after them. No Beatles, probably no Led Zeppelin. No Beatles, probably no Black Sabbath. No Zeppelin or Sabbath, no Rock/Metal as we know it.

And who inspired the Beatles?

thanks with the nirvana clarification..

woulda figured you would vote CCR on SF love.

SF loves its homeboys on the 60s list, not just CCR, but the Greatful Dead and Jefferson Airplane too.

But I got to go with the big guns.

Beatles - greatest, most influential pop/rock artists ever.

Dylan - top folk/protest musician ever

Hendrix - best electric guitar player, precursor to all heavy metal

Aretha - Queen of Soul

Beach Boys - archetype of American fun/beach/party/garage music

Pop, folk, hard rock, soul, garage - yep, covered them all. I personally like the Who and the Stones better than a couple of these choices, but I felt like they were overshadowed by the Beatles in their area of significance.

I wanna say ONE negative thing about Hendrix then Ill stop.

He wasnt a good singer. at all..he had an average voice at best.

and his band wasnt all that either. they just kept in time with an amazing guitarist.

but his abilities on guitar made up for it easily

I wanna say ONE negative thing about Hendrix then Ill stop.

He wasnt a good singer. at all..he had an average voice at best.

and his band wasnt all that either. they just kept in time with an amazing guitarist.

but his abilities on guitar made up for it easily

Holy crap are you crazy? Mitch Mitchell was freaking awesome on the drums. In fact, I think he was the best drummer of the 60's until Zeppelin 1 came out in '69.

Archived