Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Best TV Character Of All Time (Group 4) CLOSED

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Cliff should have gone before Norm.

I never really watched the show. But yeah, I think I know a little about him, just from the snippets I saw. I thought about saying the same thing, but figured I didn't really know the show enough to have much of an opinion.

I've decided, each candidate should have three possible votes:

Great Character

Not Great

Didn't see

The way things are right now, the last two categories count the same, (no vote), but I don't think they should.

Is JR Ewing doing so badly because he's not that good a character? Or because nobody watched that show?

Poor Wonder Woman.

Heck, poor Steve Austin.

Wonder Woman (aka Linda Carter) was my first crush, but the acting and writing of that show was so horrible. Still, she was Baywatch all by herself.

The Six Million Dollar Man was a very solid show of that era... again, not a great character, but an important archetype. Still, I am very fond of both.

'Course, the flip side of that is that the ones that will get the most votes are the ones who were popular for a long time. The shows that people watched, and liked, 20, 30 years after they stopped making them.

Think about it. What did Norm do? Just be there. Cliff was the one that generated the laughs and the :doh: 's.

And if I wanted to, I could say all Cliff did was set up the jokes...he was the straight man for the little kids, and not much else. Oh, occasionally he'd go into his patented gibberish talk and make the faces lol...Norm, on the otherhand, delivered extremely funny and well-timed one-liners like a sage on a barstool...there was a reason every single other character in that show yelled out his name whenever he arrived, and there was a reason that he was the last person Sam talked to in the show's last episode, with him and Sam alone in the bar for the last 5 minutes.

Again, I could put it that way if I wanted to lol...it's really too easy to start being dismissive of these characters, if that's really all we want to do. I'd rather champion their strengths and the reasons why they were so memorable, though. :thumbsup:

And if I wanted to, I could say all Cliff did was set up the jokes...he was the straight man for the little kids, and not much else. Oh, occasionally he'd go into his patented gibberish talk and make the faces lol...Norm, on the otherhand, delivered extremely funny and well-timed one-liners like a sage on a barstool...there was a reason every single other character in that show yelled out his name whenever he arrived, and there was a reason that he was the last person Sam talked to in the show's last episode, with him and Sam alone in the bar for the last 5 minutes.

Again, I could put it that way if I wanted to lol...it's really too easy to start being dismissive of these characters, if that's really all we want to do. I'd rather champion their strengths and the reasons why they were so memorable, though. :thumbsup:

Well I was a kid watching the show. :silly: And honestly, don't remember much dialog from Norm.

Archived