Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Milo (Crazy New Technology) Please Check Out

MARK PHILLIPS

I don't think this is real.

There has been a standing x-prize at MIT for more than 30 years for an AI program which can fool judged into thinking it's a real person over a two minute period. Todate no program has ever fooled the judges. Thousands have made the attempt.

AI programs just aren't that smart. This demo thus must be dependent upon very specific input and output to simulate responsiveness. The conversation is canned, must be.

it's bunk.

There has been a standing x-prize at MIT for more than 30 years for an AI program who can fool judged into thinking it's a real person. Todate no program has ever fooled the judges. Thousands have made the attempt.

AI programs just aren't that smart. This demo thus must be a total farse.

The conversation is canned, must be.

You may be reading into this one too much...

I don't believe they really claimed anything even CLOSE to artificial intelligence and it's pretty much a given that the sequence displayed was largely scripted. This is essentially just a showcase of camera interaction.

Yeah was watching this live... My bro knew about most of this stuff but had never seen it in action before (works for Bungie) so he was excited and also was laughing at a bunch of little things...

Pretty cool stuff, obviously it was mostly scripted but you're trying to showcase the "best case scenario" for people to talk about it and generate hype for it...

Archived