Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

W.P.:'Hurt Make You Better' (More than Football- the Cooleys)

LizKauai

(Perhaps this thread belongs in the Tailgate, and mods can decide- but to me, heart and soul is all about success in football.)

When football players make the news, sometimes it is not as inspirational as this.

"Hurt Make You Better"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/05/AR2009060503228.html?hpid=sec-sports

Hail to the Nancy Cooley whose example of courage is ongoing.

Man, the realities of the player's lives and their families can really hit home in the middle of all the arguing over how bad the O-line will be or if any team in the NFL would want Jason Campbell on their roster...My sister succumbed to cancer, and it's not an easy thing for anyone to deal with, from the person who has it down to every single family member and loved one.

Here's to a hopefully speedy, healthy and COMPLETE recovery for Ms. Cooley...

This was a great story Bubba posted for us in the News. Thanks Liz for bringing it over. What Cooley did for his mom, keeping the humor, what Portis, Campbell, Brennan did to help raise money for the charity, all a testament to somethings being more than just about money and fame. That family is important. I encourage everybody to read it.

Prayers and good thoughts are a big part of healing.

I have to give HUGE kudos to Nancy Cooley for bringing up two fine sons as a single mom. And huge kudos to her sons for appreciating what a fantastic mom they have.

HAIL and BLESSINGS!

man, the realities of the player's lives and their families can really hit home in the middle of all the arguing over how bad the o-line will be or if any team in the nfl would want jason campbell on their roster...my sister succumbed to cancer, and it's not an easy thing for anyone to deal with, from the person who has it down to every single family member and loved one.

Here's to a hopefully speedy, healthy and complete recovery for ms. Cooley...

+1

Archived