Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESer wins Bahamas Billfish Championship!

Capt Rich Fla

Mr Mark Mcdevitt, captain of the "Juel Marie" and fellow ESer has just won the Bahamas Billfish Championship, Boat Harbour Leg. He doesn't post near enough, but splitbill has been here for a while and knows almost everyone of you by name. Congrats Mark, you really deserve it.

He won't be on here tonight, but he caught a GRAND SLAM today! 1 blue marlin, 1 white marlin, and 1 sailfish. You can fish for an entire lifetime and not catch three different species of billfish in the same day. In the last 19 years of some pretty hard fishing, I only have 4 slams. And I'm quite proud of each one of them. I remember each slam like it was yesterday. To do it in a big money tourney is just that much sweeter. I could hardly get my "ataboy" in to him today as he drove home. The VHF was abuzz with "Way to go Marks!"

Most don't know this, but Mark bailed me out of an awful financial downfall when he could least afford it. He gave me money when I had nothing and I wake up every day and that's the first thing I think about.

Buddy, if it wasn't me, thank God it was you! (your lucky we backed out of this one, haaaaaa) pretty work ole boooooooy

Congrats Mark, that is awesome!

I love the Bahamas, and love deep-sea fishing.

I am going out next week in the keys, but we never seem to find marlin anywhere around Florida. We always have to go to Mexico for that.

A blue AND a black on the same day? That is unreal.

Any idea how much they weighed?

:hysterical:

Congrats Mark, that is awesome!

I love the Bahamas, and love deep-sea fishing.

I am going out next week in the keys, but we never seem to find marlin anywhere around Florida. We always have to go to Mexico for that.

A blue AND a black on the same day? That is unreal.

Any idea how much they weighed?

I don't know about the white and sail, but i always want to know whazt the blue weighed. Sorry about my spelling. My curser is freaking out again. Bermuda Triangle thing, I'm guessing.

Tell the guy in the Keys you want marlin, although I'd be a little apprehensive about asking a crews from the Keys to take me marlin fishing. Not that there's anything wrong wih Keys marlin fisherman, but you might aught to stich to the table fare with those guys. I have a tendency to look at their stuff awhen we pass through and say, "WWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFF?"

:hysterical:

I don't know about the white and sail, but i always want to know whazt the blue weighed. Sorry about my spelling. My curser is freaking out again. Bermuda Triangle thing, I'm guessing.

Tell the guy in the Keys you want marlin, although I'd be a little apprehensive about asking a crews from the Keys to take me marlin fishing. Not that there's anything wrong wih Keys marlin fisherman, but you might aught to stich to the table fare with those guys. I have a tendency to look at their stuff awhen we pass through and say, "WWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFF?"

I hear you Rich about the Keys fishing. And all fishing is a blast--don't get me wrong. It is just that after you have been spoiled with marlin, some of the other stuff isn't quite as exciting.

And from reading the post again, I have never even seen a white marlin.

Blue and black are all that I have brought on a boat.

Archived