Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

True or False: Landry's Maturity is becoming an issue

SMOSS89

OTAs are voluntary. If you look around the league big name players miss these all the time. There doesn't seem to be the outrage about them missing OTAs as there is here about one guy missing them. I think people need to relax a little bit.

I don't understand this either. People need to remember how our defense works, and then think about how teams play against us.

:applause: Thank you!

It's pretty ridiculous that when one player misses OTAs suddenly the media reports that he's upset and wants to get out of here and whatever else. It's especially ridiculous that the fans are freaking out about it.

Guess what, Laron Landry is all of 24 and he's a little immature. We've had way more immature players on this team that we love a lot more, so give the kid a break. Like someone else said, HE WAS HERE FOR MINICAMP! If he shows up to Training Camp 40 pounds overweight, then I'll panick, but he keeps himself in great shape, and he was smart enough to learn Grilliams defense in a preseason (the one that's supposed to be a 2 year install), I think he'll be able to recover from missing 4 practices (or 8 if he doesn't show next time). The only thing I'm concerned with is that he isn't answering coach's phone calls, but that's just so we know he is safe and okay, not because I'm worried about him missing OTAs.

Oh, and if you are actually dumb enough to say we should cut him to make an example, then you should probably have either your fan card revoked or your right to speech revoked, both for stupidity. The guy isn't causing TO-type problems and he'll be a Pro-Bowler someday.

FALSE

If this was training camp with is Mandatory I could see this being an issue. We all remember Taylor missing OTA's and not calling Gibbs back but he would show up in great shape and produce. Unless this continues into training camp this is just the media taking the story and running with it.

The media did the same thing with Taylor about the team being unhappy and blah blah blah. He maturity was also questioned. No need to throw up red flags and panic yet, its only June. I am sure the coaches wish he was there but I doubt they are to concerned at this point.

True, the man needs to be with his teammates learning and studying film. He's only hurting himself. I know he'll have time to catch up and the practices aren't mandatory, but I'm sure the other players are wondering where he is and why he's not there.

landry has all the potential in the world, but I don't think he takes his job very seriously based on what we're seeing and hearing. He could be better; he needs to grow up.

Yeah the not returning your employer's calls thing, I hope he has a good reason. Missing a voluntary thing, fine no biggie his prerogative, but If your coach calls and texts you have the common respect/decency to return the call if not for professional reasons even.

oh, and if you are actually dumb enough to say we should cut him to make an example, then you should probably have either your fan card revoked or your right to speech revoked, both for stupidity. The guy isn't causing to-type problems and he'll be a pro-bowler someday.

qft!!

I say make an example. Trade him or cut him. The guy not only does not want to be a team player he also does not show up for the fans when he is scheduled to. He might have some talent but he needs to grow up. I for one am not a Landry fan!

Cut him??? You're joking, right?

Wow - how can anyone answer false to this question. The question isn't whether Landry should be at the OTAs, it's whether his maturity level is an issue.

This is an alleged professional who has ignored phone calls and text messages from his bosses. Just think about it that way - even if you're on vacation somewhere if your boss is calling you repeatedly, you'd probably give him a call back just to check in and see what's up. That's what ANY professional, mature person would do in this situation.

I love Landry on the field, though he sometimes has immature outbursts, and I really don't think his absence at the OTAs will hurt the team in the long run. But the question is whether his actions speak to his lack of maturity, and the answer is definitely an unqualified yes.

well....care to enlighten us on what he said or were you just lettng us know he talked about it..lol

He went on some rant that he does at the end of every show.This time it was about, it not being fitting of what a pro football player should be doing by ducking Zorns phone calls and such and since he is a skins fans was more inclined to listen to what he had to say.

No one has yet told us why Landry is not communicating with Zorn. Why Zorn would choose to air this in public instead of keeping it in-house is beyond me. Doesn't seem like Parcells or Bellichick would let this affect their OTA preparations and would be sorted out later.

If Landry wants a new contract, fine the team can discuss that with his agent. Although at this point Landry hasn't really emerged as a top player in the NFC at his position. He is perhaps the #5 or #6 free safety in the NFC right now. Not a great bargaining spot for his agent to open with.

If Landry merely doesn't like the Redskins and wants out of town, again the best bet was to keep this in-house and work a trade for him in private.

Finally, if it is Landry just being his immature self, like he was with the missed autograph sessions last year, then it is something Zorn should speak to #30 about on the first day of camp.

You KNOW Parcells would never let a player get the upper hand as some players here in Washington try to do with the HC.

When Owens didn't want to talk to Parcells, Parcells ignored him and when he came to camp refused to answer any questions about 'the player' :laugh:

Zorn needs to grow a couple in a hurry because once players sense weakness on his part the jig is up.

Archived