Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Rogers Embraces Workouts

authentic

The words "50 million and Carlos" should never be used in the same sentence. Plus saying Carlos will be covering the 1 WR is totally wrong, by the end of last season Hall & Smoot were your starters. Carlos is strong player but in the league he is not and elite CB.

no springs and hall were starting, smoot was our #4. Los is good in coverage and if the pirce is right we need to lock him up. Just not at Nate Clements or Asante Samuel cost though, that'd be too much. Something like 6yrs 36mill with a nice bonus would be ok.

there is so much wrong with Never4get#21's post that i almost didn't reply to it, but i feel it does a disservice to Carlos to have Redskins fans disrespecting the many important contributions of one of our best players.

Im not a big LOS fan either. He had what amounts to 2 good 1/2 seasons.

...because he's been consistently improving. that's a GOOD thing.

He was playing well prior to his injury and last year he had a break through year for the first half. The second half he got benched and wined.

why do you care if he wHined? some might say he had a legitimate complaint: getting benched in favor of Hall, who is not as good as Carlos.

He's still injury prone

ONE injury does not make him injury prone!

and still has hands of stone.

no argument there, although his ability to shut down elite #1 WRs (as shown early in last season) more than makes up for this.

The recent aquisition of Barnes should give you a clue about just how comfortable the FO is with LOS considering we took Tryon last year.

NOT AT ALL! it gives you a clue about just how comfortable the FO is with *TRYON*, not Carlos. this is the most ridiculous statement you make in the whole post, which is full of ridiculous statements.

If he really played up to his top 10 pick statis then we would not be talking about extensions. He wouldve been extended by now.

why spend more money than you need to? he has a pretty generous contract as is, so why inflate it before you have to? it's not like he's holding out for more money. his top 10 pick statUs has little to do with it. he'll get extended before his contract is up, but not long before.

Just like JC. If LOS has a great year then he'll ask for big money.

and, if he has another great year (to go along with his last two, aside from AND IN SPITE OF injury) then he deserves it. Just like JC? just like ANY PLAYER!

I dont think he's worth it.

that's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. all the justifications you have stated in support of it are totally off-base and wrong though, fyi.

This defense should produce more turnovers with Albert and Rak applying the pressure.

i agree.

I dont want to see 24 pass defenses. I want to see some of those as picks! Turnovers=field position=win.

hopefully, with the increased D-line pressure, he'll have more freedom to go for picks instead of having to cover receivers for longer than any other CB in the game.

LOS needs to live up to his top10 billing for one entire season and not just flashes during a season IMO.

i agree, although he's shown improvement in every year he's played, so there's hope. however, he was inarguably a top 5 (i believe top 3) CB in the league for the first half of last season, so we KNOW he's capable of living up to it. the question is: do we have the support system in place (most notably D-line pressure) to allow him to flourish? i think we do.

CR knows how much these OTA's mean to our team and coaches. I've always felt, since the return of Gibbs, The Redskins greatly emphasize these OTA's. Being around in the off-season is a good way for players to earn brownie points with the coaches.

Especially after all this Landry dust-stirring, i'm sure this point doesn't go unnoticed by the players who still have alot to earn.

Didn't Gibbs have 100% present at OTA's for a couple years?

The words "50 million and Carlos" should never be used in the same sentence. Plus saying Carlos will be covering the 1 WR is totally wrong, by the end of last season Hall & Smoot were your starters. Carlos is strong player but in the league he is not and elite CB.

lol, smoot starting :hysterical: come on now.

I like Los a ton and think he can be at an elite level, now that he is a full year removed from his injury and we will have a pass rush.

If Barnes can step it up big time, Los is gone. I would love to have the four of them for a few more years though. We are deep at corner and deep on the line.

We need something to happen at Sam and this D could be very special, even if we do have some injuries.

Not 50 million.....but if he has a breakout season he will be looking for a pretty hefty contract. Also, I hate to really say this to anyone.....but not covering a #1? Did you really watch any of the Washington Redskins (Burgundy and Gold) games last season? Did you not see him locking up TO, Desean Jackson (first game), Tory Holt, Anquan Boldin, ect? Come on man, Carlos will most likely be covering #1's while switching with Dhall. And he has the athletic ability, speed, and tackling to cover any #1 in the NFL and that is totally right. #1's are dangerous, and Dhall will get BURNED on double moves as compared to Rogers. Last time I checked DB's are suppose to cover, catching is a plus and Rogers will eventually breakout.

I like Los a ton and think he can be at an elite level, now that he is a full year removed from his injury and we will have a pass rush.

If Barnes can step it up big time, Los is gone. I would love to have the four of them for a few more years though. We are deep at corner and deep on the line.

We need something to happen at Sam and this D could be very special, even if we do have some injuries.

Sentence one: Rogers is going to be elite.

Sentence two: Peace out, Rogers.

I'm confused. :(

Rogers doesn't make plays... DeAngelo Hall makes plays... Rogers is more than 2 years older than Hall. Rogers turns 28 on July 2nd of this year. Hall is a two-time pro bowler... Hall had more interceptions before he turned 23 than Carlos has in his entire career. Hall averages an interception every 3.5 games... Carlos averages an interception every 8-9 games (when he is healthy). Carlos' BEST season yielded two interceptions in 16 games. Hall's WORST season yielded two interceptions in 10 games. Even last year, when Hall earned a lot of criticism, he still pulled down 5 INTs. QBs don't fear Carlos Rogers because they know he won't make them pay for their mistakes.

If you make plays, you are worth $50M... If you don't make plays, you are pedestrian in the NFL. He is a good player, but not great... definitely not elite. I'm glad he is a Redskin, but not interested in seeing us pay him the same kind of money we did for DeAngelo Hall unless his head learns to catch with his hands. Besides, Hall is nearly 2.5 years younger than Rogers and is only 25... A 7 year deal for Hall ends when he is 32. A 7 year deal for Rogers ends when he is nearly 35. You won't get the same RoI for both players, so you don't give Rogers the same contract as Hall know matter how emotionally attached to the player you feel.

Rogers doesn't make plays... DeAngelo Hall makes plays... Rogers is more than 2 years older than Hall. Rogers turns 28 on July 2nd of this year. Hall is a two-time pro bowler... Hall had more interceptions before he turned 23 than Carlos has in his entire career. Hall averages an interception every 3.5 games... Carlos averages an interception every 8-9 games (when he is healthy). Carlos' BEST season yielded two interceptions in 16 games. Hall's WORST season yielded two interceptions in 10 games. Even last year, when Hall earned a lot of criticism, he still pulled down 5 INTs. QBs don't fear Carlos Rogers because they know he won't make them pay for their mistakes.

If you make plays, you are worth $50M... If you don't make plays, you are pedestrian in the NFL. He is a good player, but not great... definitely not elite. I'm glad he is a Redskin, but not interested in seeing us pay him the same kind of money we did for DeAngelo Hall unless his head learns to catch with his hands. Besides, Hall is nearly 2.5 years younger than Rogers and is only 25... A 7 year deal for Hall ends when he is 32. A 7 year deal for Rogers ends when he is nearly 35. You won't get the same RoI for both players, so you don't give Rogers the same contract as Hall know matter how emotionally attached to the player you feel.

You really love interception stats.

It's too bad Hall also gets burned a lot of the time for big plays and TDs, and is known across the league as an inconsistent gambler throughout his career. QBs definitely don't fear Hall either.

You really love interception stats.

It's too bad Hall also gets burned a lot of the time for big plays and TDs, and is known across the league as an inconsistent gambler throughout his career. QBs definitely don't fear Hall either.

I love interceptions... I would think this would be obvious... they end a drive... they put the ball in our hands and occasionally are taken to the house. Big plays win football games... We've been great compared to the rest of the league in defensive rankings, but not so great in the win column or the turnover department. Give me a guy who gets burned once a game, but generates three times the turnovers as a guy who only gets burned once every 3rd game. All CBs get burned in the NFL... especially CBs who are entrusted to play man-coverage against the NFL's best. The thing that separates Carlos Rogers from the elite/pro-bowlers is his inability to make plays. You cannot justify an argument against this logic.

What did you see the last 7 games of last season? Did you see Hall getting burned? Or Carlos? Do you have a sound argument for why you would pay a nearly 28 year old CB more than a 25 year old CB (with 2 pro bowl trips)?

now let's not turn this into a Hall hatefest. i firmly believe that Carlos is better, because he is capable of shutting down #1 WRs week-after-week. he may not get many INTs, but that is not as important as being reliable in defending elite WRs for entire games.

Hall on the other hand, takes chances all the time. he makes plays that Carlos doesn't, but he also gets beat more. he's exactly the type of guy you want on #2 receivers and/or with a great safety behind him.

i know that sounds bad, "oh he needs backup every play," but that's not what i mean. he's one of the best ballhawk CBs in the league, but you sacrifice that if you make him take fewer chances. if you've got a great safety with excellent range (like Landry), then you can shade him over to Hall's side and let Hall do what he does best - attack the ball. that way, it's either a pick, a short completion (short, because Landry will put a quick and painful end to the possession) or incomplete, but you're not going to give up lots of TDs and yards like Hall did in Oakland.

with Landry backing him up, Carlos taking the #1 WR out of the picture, Hall is in the best position to succeed he's ever been, and he'll give QBs a reason to fear him.

my hope is that we do whatever is necessary to re-sign Carlos. Carlos + Hall + Landry are all elite, Horton is good, Moore + Barnes (and supposedly Tryon) show promise. i think they could become one of the great secondaries ever. just PLEASE don't let Carlos go!!!

Carlos Rogers is not the reason the Redskins faded down the stretch in 2008.

I get a laugh when I see people go on and on about why a team fails to achieve and in their argument don't properly recognize that football is a sport based on the play of the quarterback and the dominance of the big guys up front.

If you have these ingredients you will be a consistent winner in the NFL.

If you don't you won't.

The Redskins quarterback and offensive line had a good first half and a poor second half in 2008. The defensive line was not as strong in spots against the run without Daniels at DE and there was no pass rush pressure as Andre Carter slipped to 4 sacks from 10.5 in 2007.

These are the production stats that count.

The fact Carlos Rogers played solid man coverage but dropped a clean pick or two is fine in analyzing the outcome of ONE GAME.

But a season worth of missed opportunities against teams like Cincinnati and Buffalo? :)

Losing to these clowns, the Redskins didn't deserve to be a playoff team even though they rose to the challenge of beating the Eagles twice.

Archived