Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Skinscast Espisode - 06/03/09

JimmiJo

http://skinscast.com - Click the link for the new show

The boys return this week with an offseason special. We figure if the team can show up for OTAs, so can we.

This week the guys discuss the possibilities of the defense, the release of Jansen, the state of the offense and even get into some early season predictions.

They also say goodbye to one of their own.

Enjoy!

OK, I was hooked when it started off with Pantera, Walk. :maniac: Tough act to follow... I hope the rest is just as good. :cool:

Not sure it will be quite as entertaining as your sig quote, but we will try...

I do like your stance on Orakpo becoming a linebacker. I can't stand the idea.

We haven't gotten to camp yet. But this has received a ton of really in depth discussion already and from a pure football perspective it makes a ton of sense. jtyler43 has given us a great analysis of what to expect on the field from him. I suggest going back and reading it again in this thread http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=287980&page=16

After talking again with my buddies who are diehard University of Texas fans, I am even more convinced that the 'Skins believe Orakpo is such a natural athlete and is smart enough to be able to make it work. Would I rather have him on the end? Sure. But do I think him at linebacker will be a total failure as some of the other folks on the show suggest - nah.

Great episode, as usual.

I also agree with themurf regarding Orakpo's potential as an LB. I don't believe our defensive coaches would be trying it if they didn't think it could work. Now, would they be doing it if they had a full time LB they felt comfortable with . . . ?

Great episode, as usual.

I also agree with themurf regarding Orakpo's potential as an LB. I don't believe our defensive coaches would be trying it if they didn't think it could work. Now, would they be doing it if they had a full time LB they felt comfortable with . . . ?

No argument, but what about my question of how they would use him if they had Marcus Washington still or another starter caliber Sam LB? What do you think they would do then?

In other words, all things being equal, is this the best use of his talent?

No argument, but what about my question of how they would use him if they had Marcus Washington still or another starter caliber Sam LB? What do you think they would do then?

In other words, all things being equal, is this the best use of his talent?

This is the concern I have with the positioning of Rak. Is he the edge rusher that was displayed at Texas or something more? Will/can he cover Whitten etc on the deep middle? The SAM must account for the TE and the strong side flat plus shed blockers. I don't know yet.

On the plus side, this may be the best time to evaluate the possiblity. He has shown to be a quick study with skills.

As a side note, I am still concerned about his muscle mass growth in the past two years. Have the ligament and tendon structure grown to acclamate to his frame?

I guess time will tell.

And, as always, I pull for the rook.

:helmet: The Rook

Keep up the good work guys......

Will be listening while I work.......

PS. I always post a link to Skinscast over on my blog when you guys have new eps. up :cheers:

You guys are a hit

Thanks guys! I appreciate the hell out of it, and Murf would if he was capable.

Archived