Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dominique Dorsey KR/PR Highlights

Hitecr

I think he makes the team. I'm done with Rock. If Betts and Portis go down, I would be scared to death to give Rock the Rock 15 times in a game. Aldridge and Dorsey will make the team.

I agree, man that boy has some jets on him when he hits the hole

I love what little I have seen from Dorsey and Alridge. I think they give us that ability to score a touchdown on any play, which this offense has lacked for so long. If we can find a way to get them touches, we will see a lot more big plays. And what's great is their versatility. These guys can do it all: run between the tackles, return kicks and punts, and catch balls out of the backfield. My friends, we may have found ourselves the next Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush.

Don't get me wrong, I think Portis is still exceptional, but I think he's lost that explosiveness that made him a star in Denver. And while still young, Portis has a lot of mileage on him. Now certainly, Portis is and should be the starter. However, if we can spell him from time to time and bring Alridge or Dorsey out there, we can do some interesting stuff on offense.

Personally, I think Alridge is the better of the two. He seems faster and more agile. Here are three youtube videos I found of him that show off his skills.

1)

Alridge gets his shake and bake on and then turns on the afterburners to beat the last defender. Beautiful.

2)

Alridge hits the hole with blazing speed and splits two defenders. It must be the shoes!

3)

Alridge catches a screen pass and weaves through a bunch of traffic.

I love the videos of Dorsey too, especially when he hurdles that one guy on the missed field goal return. Great stuff.

The only question I have about Dorsey is did he benefit from the Canadian field being wider...so did his speed get an advantage because there is more room to run?

That does factor into his returns in a big way, but there is also two more guys on the field (one for each team) to try and help offset that. So we really have no idea how he will do until the preseason.

Personally, I think Alridge is the better of the two. He seems faster and more agile. Here are three youtube videos I found of him that show off his skills.

I love the videos of Dorsey too, especially when he hurdles that one guy on the missed field goal return. Great stuff.

gotta love having two guys with speed like that! Lets hope they can contribute (assuming/hoping one or both make the team)

Why not get rid of Sellers as he does not show up. We could then play Davis as two tight ends.

Any trade value?

Wish they had shopped Jansen

New rules for returns could hurt Cartwright

I think he makes the team. I'm done with Rock. If Betts and Portis go down, I would be scared to death to give Rock the Rock 15 times in a game. Aldridge and Dorsey will make the team.

One Alridge clip missed from above, a kick return from the same game as the first clip:

That last clip of the screen pass shows some good patience by Alridge, using his blockers for as long as possible before sprinting ahead.

When I look at these clips of Alridge, the thing that I like and that stands out about him those most (besides his speed) is that he does'nt waste a whole lot of time in his east, west/lateral movements. He does what's necessary and gets the rock up field. I love that.

Why not get rid of Sellers as he does not show up. We could then play Davis as two tight ends.

Any trade value?

Wish they had shopped Jansen

New rules for returns could hurt Cartwright

Sellers was at OTAs today...

Also, nothing against Dorsey, but in the first video, two of his teammates were running as fast as him those last 30 or so yards. and they both looked a lot bigger. Maybe we should bring them in too.

Also, nothing against Dorsey, but in the first video, two of his teammates were running as fast as him those last 30 or so yards. and they both looked a lot bigger. Maybe we should bring them in too.
Nice pick up BALLz. I noticed and commented on that also when I first saw that clip weeks ago. His own teammates ran him down effortlessly while he was in full sprint.

I'm not saying that Dorsey is not fast. I'm just saying that maybe he appears to be faster and quicker than he really is due to his size.

Just a thought.

Once Dorsey cleared the would be tacklers he cooled his jets as did the two teammates behind him.

Dominique Dorsey runs a 4.35 on the 40.

Anthony Aldridge runs a 4.36 on the 40.

Well, you must be watching another clip than I am, because the one that I am watching shows his two teammates catch up to him just as he clears all of the would be tacklers and he is in a all out sprint. Just like the commentator said, there was no fooling around on Dorsey's part or looking back. He didn't even look back to see if he could slow down.

Archived