Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'Skins Prepping for Big Move?

spyder7

I can't see how they could fit Peppers under the cap without cutting more guys. I'd rather see the money spent on some Oline players or a proven WR to help out Campbell. Peppers would just be overKill

Sometimes the best offense is a great DEF, we may already have one. With a front 4 like that, you wouldnt need to blitz, or bring Rak and drop Pepp, he good doing that, has his share of INTs. You're right though, Pepp would be "overkill" (in a good way) I understand about the cap, WONT happen, but Pepp is great, only 1 bad year. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, he would be worth the $$$. Im tired of posters say, "lets draft and groom our own" You have to find a balance. Would GB win a SB and go to another w/ out White?

Sometimes the best offense is a great DEF, we may already have one. With a front 4 like that, you wouldnt need to blitz, or bring Rak and drop Pepp, he good doing that, has his share of INTs. You're right though, Pepp would be "overkill" (in a good way) I understand about the cap, WONT happen, but Pepp is great, only 1 bad year. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, he would be worth the $$$. Im tired of posters say, "lets draft and groom our own" You have to find a balance. Would GB win a SB and go to another w/ out White?

Well the whole reason we have Rak is for his pass rushing ability.. it's not like he's a complete stud for pass coverage - he played DE in college.

I can't see us getting Peppers, or if we get Peppers dropping him. I still think a front 4 of that style wouldn't be as dynamic as we think.

Well the whole reason we have Rak is for his pass rushing ability.. it's not like he's a complete stud for pass coverage - he played DE in college.

I can't see us getting Peppers, or if we get Peppers dropping him. I still think a front 4 of that style wouldn't be as dynamic as we think.

I know he played w/ his hand in the dirt @ Texas and played DE. It seems that they will try him out @ OLB, thats whats been said at least. He probably will struggle in coverage, but you cant just blitz him every down. I KNOW we aint going after him, JUST a Peppers fan and would love to see him in burgundy and gold.

I can't see how they could fit Peppers under the cap without cutting more guys. I'd rather see the money spent on some Oline players or a proven WR to help out Campbell. Peppers would just be overKill

Exactly. What are you gonna do with Carter if you get Peppers? Or does that put Orakpo on the bench so he can lose out on the game time that he needs to develop?

His fate was sealed when the '09 cap went up $12 million.

Up 12? I thought it they only bumped it up 1 more mill recently. How the hell can they adjust it 12 mil so late in the game. The Skins could do another big move if there's anyone worth signing.

Peppers would take this line from very good to dominant, and we need a true LDE for Blache. But, I think our only realistic hope of Peppers coming here is that he negotiates a clause into this years tender that he cannot be tagged again next year, and there is no cap in 2010.

Our ideal line would something like Peppers, 0 technique tackle, Haynesworth, Orakpo, with Carter backing up Orakpo. As much as I like Carter, he only has double digit sacks in 2/8 years and has 6.5 or less in 6/8 years. He has averaged 6.5 sacks per year over 8 years. I don't think that is what we are hoping for in Orakpo. Carter is also going to be 31 in 2010. Peppers is about a year younger than Carter and has double digit sacks in 5/7 years. Peppers has averaged better than 10 sacks a year over a 7 year period, which includes a pitiful 2007 in which he had 2.5. We have seen a number of DE's with Pepper's size/speed produce well into their thirties. I don't think the same can be said of 255lb finesse speed rushers like Carter.

I'm crossing my fingers for an uncapped 2010 and Peppers starting across from Orakpo.

Peppers would take this line from very good to dominant, and we need a true LDE for Blache. But, I think our only realistic hope of Peppers coming here is that he negotiates a clause into this years tender that he cannot be tagged again next year, and there is no cap in 2010.

Our ideal line would something like Peppers, 0 technique tackle, Haynesworth, Orakpo, with Carter backing up Orakpo. As much as I like Carter, he only has double digit sacks in 2/8 years and has 6.5 or less in 6/8 years. He has averaged 6.5 sacks per year over 8 years. I don't think that is what we are hoping for in Orakpo. Carter is also going to be 31 in 2010. Peppers is about a year younger than Carter and has double digit sacks in 5/7 years. Peppers has averaged better than 10 sacks a year over a 7 year period, which includes a pitiful 2007 in which he had 2.5. We have seen a number of DE's with Pepper's size/speed produce wel into their thirties. I don't think the same can be said of 255lb finesse speed rushers like Carter.

I'm crossing my fingers for an uncapped 2010 and Peppers starting across from Orakpo.

Well said, if we had to release players to fit him in, why not Griffin and Carter? Keep Carter if they truly plan Orakpo at OLB and cut ARE.

Well said, if we had to release players to fit him in, why not Griffin and Carter? Keep Carter if they truly plan Orakpo at OLB and cut ARE.

Releasing Carter would be a a REAL BAD move. If you look at our DE's, he is still one of, if not the best we have (minus Irak). I would much rather release daniels, and Wynn, than Griffin and Daniels. Griffin has continued to show something, although not dominant, he is solid. Carter, is good, and has the ability to be really good when surrounded by the proper talent.

Releasing Carter would be a a REAL BAD move. If you look at our DE's, he is still one of, if not the best we have (minus Irak). I would much rather release daniels, and Wynn, than Griffin and Daniels. Griffin has continued to show something, although not dominant, he is solid. Carter, is good, and has the ability to be really good when surrounded by the proper talent.

The releases mentioned were not based off production. It was stated, to get Peppers and fit him under the cap, what players to be released to do so. Thats why Griffin and Carter, they carry higher salaries then Wynn/Daniels with 1 yr contracts for minimal $$$. Put 'Rak at DE for Carter and bring back Washington on a one year contract to play OLB

Archived