Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doug's "Dream Day" and the KO

celticsalmon

Yes indeed good memories. It's funny how its been so long and you still call out the players. I couldn't tell you off the bat if you asked me some numbers, but show me an old game like these and I can roll out the names.

Was at that Detroit game. Listen to Madden and Sumerall @ 3:23, one FTW for us fans.

Look how effortlessly Doug threw! That was a crazy 15 minutes at the SB party we had!!!

I'm getting in touch with that younger PCS watching that game against the Lions. I remember hearing all kinds of stuff from the media and folks I talked to here about the upcoming championship. See,things would be different with Barry Sanders. I remember watching that game and providing my own editorial about that stuff,(rather loudly I might add). And it still goes today.

"Barry ****ing Sanders my ***!!!!! **** you! Doesn't make a difference! Redskins still kicking your ****ing ass!" Or something like that. :)

Oh and "Art Monk's the man!" and "**** Deion! Darrell Green rules!" Or something like that.

Riggins was such a beast. Wish I could have seen him play live.

Ya would have loved it! Air horns came out to the chants of "Diesel"

The atmosphere was so different as RFK, wish we could go back and play a game or two there. Maybe preseason games?????

Ya would have loved it! Air horns came out to the chants of "Diesel"

The atmosphere was so different as RFK, wish we could go back and play a game or two there. Maybe preseason games?????

Im willing to bet that if the Redskins actually put a team together that wins consistently, that same atmosphere will be back. Maybe even better. What was RFK like before we went on our run?? I have no idea but I bet it wasn't that great.

To Stony26: RFK was an amazing place to go see a Skins game!

The place was a great venue even when we had a losing season... I lived across the street from RFK and remember going to see Dallas and our Skins in both 78 and 80. For a poor boy growing up there wasn't any better experience. The place actually shook! Man, you can't replace that feeling. It was electric and the spirit was always high in that place. I would sit on my porch and you could hear the crowds from down the street. And btw, we were mediocre by our record but we were a proud organization none the less. Wish you could have been there. It was and is a magical place and will always be a special memory for me and I suspect a few other diehards who were blessed to be there. I wish they would play a division game there every year.

Archived