Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, who's the longest tenured Redskin now?

Burgold

Other than Bugel...

Is it Samuels? Cartwright? Thrash? (although he had a haitus)

We have a bunch of players who've been with the team for five years, but so few who've done 7... do we have any who've made it for ten?

I guess that's mostly an artifact of losing/switching coaches so often. Who are our most grizzled vets?

Who'll last the longest?

Samuels and Thrash have each played 9 seasons in Washington. Ethan Albright and Mike Sellers have each played 8 seasons here. I think Betts and Cartwright are next with 7 seasons each.

Number of seasons don't matter to me as much as games played (started even a bigger number) and on that front Samuels was our most senior player even before Jansen was thankfully cut.

Here are the top 5 current Skins in games played(this is reg season games only).

1. Chris Samuels 136 games (26th alltime Redskin)

2. Ethan Albright 128 games (31st alltime Redskin)

3. Mike Sellers 122 games (tied for 37th)

4. James Thrash 118 games (42nd)

5. Rock Cartright 107 games (tied for 52nd)

There are a total of 59 players who have played in at least 100 games for the Redskins in their history.

Two names that will likely join that company this season are:

Ladell Betts (currently at 93 games)

Fred Smoot (currently at 89 games)

Well, Its gonna be Samuels unquestionably at the end of this offseason. I can see Thrash, Sellers and Rock leaving (although I wouldn't mind keeping Rock and Sellers).

Woah, you are saying that Sellers, Cartwright, and Thrash are all going to be off the team by August?

That's a lot of change when we haven't really had any indication that any that those moves will happen.

I know Sellers is unhappy with his contract but that doesn't mean he's going any where. And we certainly shouldn't keep Eddie Williams over him. Maybe Thrash will get cut, but I doubt the team would be comfortable getting rid of both him and Cartwright. Our special teams would probably be even worse next season. I'd rather cut Thrash and keep Marko Mitchell and Cartwright over cutting Rock and keeping either Dorsey or Aldridge

Also Betts was drafted the same year as Cartwright so they're equally tenured.

Then that would mean it's his 8th year. You have to count 2002 and 2009 each as a year. He has completed 7, and he is currently in his 8th.

No, I do not think that is not correct.

The 2009 season has not yet begun.

It is not yet on the books as a season of completion.

Woah, you are saying that Sellers, Cartwright, and Thrash are all going to be off the team by August?

That's a lot of change when we haven't really had any indication that any that those moves will happen.

I know Sellers is unhappy with his contract but that doesn't mean he's going any where. And we certainly shouldn't keep Eddie Williams over him. Maybe Thrash will get cut, but I doubt the team would be comfortable getting rid of both him and Cartwright. Our special teams would probably be even worse next season. I'd rather cut Thrash and keep Marko Mitchell and Cartwright over cutting Rock and keeping either Dorsey or Aldridge

Also Betts was drafted the same year as Cartwright so they're equally tenured.

Well, lets just look at things. We drafted a WR (possible replacement for Thrash). We drafted a FB (possible replacement for Sellers). We signed Aldridge and Dorsey (possible replacements for Rock and/or Betts).

I'm not predicting that ALL these moves will happen. But its definitely a possibility.

Well, Its gonna be Samuels unquestionably at the end of this offseason. I can see Thrash, Sellers and Rock leaving (although I wouldn't mind keeping Rock and Sellers).

Yeah, you have a point, I also don't think Thrash, Sellars, or Rock will be a redskin. I'm probably wrong about Sellars but Thrash and Rock are probably out the door.

No, I do not think that is not correct.

The 2009 season has not yet begun.

It is not yet on the books as a season of completion.

Year 8 begins as soon as year 7 ends, even though it is the offseason.

He is therefore at the beginning of year 8, which hopefully will end in Feb.

Archived