Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC:Cat in China grows a pair of wings

BlueinBuf

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30967440/?GT1=43001

cat_wings.widec.jpg

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a … cat? A kitty in Chongqing, China, is getting some extra-special attention these days: The furry feline has developed wings! Though born looking completely normal, once the cat hit the age of 1, he began growing wing-shaped appendages on either side of his spine, the U.K.'s Daily Mail reports.

While some think the bony limbs may be a mutation of some kind — or even a Siamese twin growing inside the cat — others speculate it's a genetic change perhaps caused by chemicals ingested by the kitty's mother while she was pregnant.

Mysterious winged cat baffles animal experts

White moggy grows fluffy wings out of its back - but can it fly?

ANIMAL experts have been *****-footing over the explanation for a cat that has developed bat-like wings on either side of its back.

The long-haired white feline was born a normal kitten, but started to develop furry wing-like appendages on either side of its back when it was just a year old.

Scientists believe the growths may be the result of a genetic mutation caused by chemicals during its mother's pregnancy. Alternatively, the cat which was discovered in Chongqing, China, may be a freak that developed from two embryos.

the-winged-cat-chows-down-in-china_0.gif

Click on the link for the full article

-----

When I first saw this I thought it was familiar. That's because this is not the first cat in China to sprout wings. I couldn't find the thread I'm sure I posted on the previous incident, but here's the story for that one as well:

Rare Cat Has Wings

In China's Sichuan province, something very strange happened to Feng's cat during a hot spell. The little tom sprouted two bumps on his back and, within a short time, the kitty looked like it was ready for take off as the bumps became what looked like wings!

While the wings contain bones, the cat has no control of them and certainly cannot use them to fly. Scientists say that the growths are due to a genetic condition than can be triggered by poor grooming or a skin condition.

cat-with-wings.jpg

Seriously... id like someone to start a thread about how many wierd and freaky things are born, origanate or are found in China or near by..

I remember a lady with a horn growing out of her forhead who lived in China...

Archived