Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TO called me about buying GA tix...

MarkB452

I got my letter last fall and sent the deposit for 3 seats, and have yet to hear back on them. When will I get my phonecall/letter?

Last season was my 1st as a STH, my experience was:

I didnt know my seat location(s) until I received my tickets in the mail (sometime in July if I recall correctly). For the most part I would guess that seat upgrades are going to need to be done before they fill the empty seats.

I got a post card in the mail today for obstructed view seats. Haven't received any phone calls though.

I have my LL seat assignments for this season but still got an e-mail about obstructed seats and the chance to check them out on 6 June (one week from Saturday). Limit eight ...

So I could round up some people I trust who are looking to score some tickets and add those to my account? Hmmmm ...

cheers

I have my LL seat assignments for this season but still got an e-mail about obstructed seats and the chance to check them out on 6 June (one week from Saturday). Limit eight ...

So I could round up some people I trust who are looking to score some tickets and add those to my account? Hmmmm ...

cheers

Seriously?

If you already have LL seats on your account, why would you want to add 8 more?

I'm honestly not trying to be a dick about it, but I'm curious as to why anyone would need so many seats.

I imagine that you would end up taking a loss on them, unless you sold an NFC East game, or two for a profit. That's a no-win because to do so would mean that you would have to overcharge a Skins fan or, (just as bad or worse), sell them to an opposing fan. I guess it's ok to stick an opposing fan directly behind a pillar:D

No matter how many people you trust, ain't too many of 'em are going to be interested in going to meaningless pre-season games, especially when many are practically giving away much better seats in the pre-season. Hell, when we played the Browns, I saw someone score a pair in the club level, for $100.00.

I'm sure that there is something obvious that I'm overlooking, but I honestly can't think of any reason to have so many tickets.

Thanks!

SF1311, he said the limit is 8, not that he was going to buy 8.. but wondered if he could get some of his friends to go in on them and keep them under his name. I myself wouldn't do that, but being GA seats, he doesn't HAVE to renew them all if they bail on him next year or years down the road. Too much of a hassle...My 2 cents

SF1311, he said the limit is 8, not that he was going to buy 8.. but wondered if he could get some of his friends to go in on them and keep them under his name. I myself wouldn't do that, but being GA seats, he doesn't HAVE to renew them all if they bail on him next year or years down the road. Too much of a hassle...My 2 cents

Yeah, it's probably a hypothetical. After re-reading my post, I do come off sounding like a little *****:doh:

You're 2 cents makes a lot of sense.

Thanks!

Funny

The TO called me today, wasn't home of course, but they wondered if i wanted more tickets, possibly, in the corner to my right, or about 11 rows behind where my tickets are now. Have to call them back and see where and what exactly. I would love to move in the corner out of the sun (for early season games) yea im a pale mofo lol

Sounds to me like they are desperate to sell tickets this season

the reason they limit OVC tix is simple, they don't want some douche buying 20 seats and selling them @ a 50% mark-up. It's to limit tickets sold to brokers.

If it were that simple to profit on of the resale of OVs to brokers, why has the TO reduced the price on all OVs by more than 50% since 2004?

Just talked to the TO........

They asked if i wanted 4 seats together in 113 row 22, one section to my left, and said they were end seats 19-22 (i only have 3 now) I kind of like being only 9 rows off the field so i declined. I then asked her if at all possible we would love tickets on the Redskin sideline.. of course nothing was open there, but she put notes on our account that if 3 seats ever open up there, they will give us a call.

I then asked if they could see how long we have had tickets and she said they sure could, all the way back to 1980.. i remember someone saying they didnt keep record of that any longer, but that isnt what this woman told me. I also asked her if they were moving people around a lot this year and why.. i think she slipped up and wasnt supposed to say "because people arent renewing this year like in years past"

Also, i asked her about the club level and she said some people are moving to the club from the LL this year for the cost of their LL seats, and are guaranteed to move back to the LL the following season. I said how can you guarantee that? And she said they keep some LL's available, so that if you dont want to keep the clubs after this year, they have somewhere to relocate people.

They didnt have many seats left in the LL when i talked to her, i just think they have some odd seat configurations available and are trying to get some people to buy an extra seat and move them around a little to accomadate filling seats fully.

So as of now, im staying where i am, maybe one day i'll have Redskins sideline seats.

Just talked to the TO........

They asked if i wanted 4 seats together in 113 row 22, one section to my left, and said they were end seats 19-22 (i only have 3 now) I kind of like being only 9 rows off the field so i declined. I then asked her if at all possible we would love tickets on the Redskin sideline.. of course nothing was open there, but she put notes on our account that if 3 seats ever open up there, they will give us a call.

I then asked if they could see how long we have had tickets and she said they sure could, all the way back to 1980.. i remember someone saying they didnt keep record of that any longer, but that isnt what this woman told me. I also asked her if they were moving people around a lot this year and why.. i think she slipped up and wasnt supposed to say "because people arent renewing this year like in years past"

Also, i asked her about the club level and she said some people are moving to the club from the LL this year for the cost of their LL seats, and are guaranteed to move back to the LL the following season. I said how can you guarantee that? And she said they keep some LL's available, so that if you dont want to keep the clubs after this year, they have somewhere to relocate people.

They didnt have many seats left in the LL when i talked to her, i just think they have some odd seat configurations available and are trying to get some people to buy an extra seat and move them around a little to accomadate filling seats fully.

So as of now, im staying where i am, maybe one day i'll have Redskins sideline seats.

Thanks for the info. But the information she provided you is fairly contradictory. She says they are moving TGC seat holders to the club level and people are not renewing like in years past but they didn't have many seats left in the LL. Since they are not moving people down yet from the upper deck, either she wasn't totally forthcoming or they are filling those new empty seats in the lower level from somewhere else.

I guess....count me as skeptical.

Yea i know, just reporting what she told me is all. Also with $ being tight people may be giving up 2 of their 4 seats as well, i didnt ask her about that, but that could be one reason they are offering more seats to people in the LL as well, who knows for sure. She never mentioned TGC members and never offered the TG club to me, which i would of declined lol

Thanks for the info. But the information she provided you is fairly contradictory. She says they are moving TGC seat holders to the club level and people are not renewing like in years past but they didn't have many seats left in the LL. Since they are not moving people down yet from the upper deck, either she wasn't totally forthcoming or they are filling those new empty seats in the lower level from somewhere else.

I guess....count me as skeptical.

I then asked if they could see how long we have had tickets and she said they sure could, all the way back to 1980.. i remember someone saying they didnt keep record of that any longer, but that isnt what this woman told me.

They told me that all records of ST tenure were lost after the move.

I had hoped tenure might help me move down from the 400s back in 2003.

Immediately after reading your post, I called again today.

The kid who answered was cool.

After a few questions and a quick search, he replied "1989".

I know the account is much older than that.:doh:

I wasn't going to pursue my selfish quest through this poor kid who is only trying to make a living.

I was ready to end the call when suddenly the kid asked me to "please hold while I check with one other person", a changed tone of optimism in his voice.

My hope was reborn.

A brief hold and he promptly picked up the phone and said "1996".

:hysterical::rotflmao::hysterical:

My account got 7 years younger in less than a minute.

I ended the conversation politely.:hysterical:

They told me that all records ST tenure were lost after the move.

I had hoped tenure might help me move down from the 400s back in 2003.

Immediately after reading your post, I called again today.

The kid who answered was cool.

After a few questions and a quick search, he replied "1989".

I know the account is much older than that.:doh:

I wasn't going to pursue my selfish quest through this poor kid who is only trying to make a living.

I was ready to end the call when suddenly the kid asked me to please "please hold while I check with one other person", a changed tone of optimism in his voice.

My hope was reborn.

A brief hold and he promptly picked up the phone and said "1996".

:hysterical::rotflmao::hysterical:

My account got 7 years younger in less than a minute.

I ended the conversation politely.:hysterical:

Hopefully i can shed some light on this subject. The comupter system shows the date that the account was created. Anything that was created prior to or in 1989 shows a creation date of 1989. Those accounts, however, show the last seat assignment in RFK (but nothing before that last season) for the 1996 season. So the person you were talking to likely looked the creation date and then at your seat history and just gave you those 2 dates.

I actually just got my letter today and can buy season tix! I'd be more excited if it were 5 years ago or 5 years from now when ic ould actually afford them, but my family is saying to go for it and we can at least sell at face now the games we won't be attending, which would be most of them.

My questions are:

They say prices start at $44 per seat per game. Assuming about $10 in taxes and the $100 activation fee, is $650 per seat for the season a reasonable estimate of the costs?

The seats won't be known until July, even with this pick-a-seat day?

LOL! Don't feel too bad about the thread-title. I did the same thing in this thread http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=288164, so I changed the title.

I'm not sure how folks get confused, given that "TO" and "tix" are in the same title.:whoknows:

The confusion would be easier to understand if this thread had been posted in the ATN forum.

To take it back on track...did you at least call them and see what types of seats are being offered?

>> I did call them, but they did not say who they were trying to call. I think I may have put one of our dogs on the list a few years ago as a goof. Anyway, the seats they are offering are upper deck end zone or corners and high # rows.

I actually just got my letter today and can buy season tix! I'd be more excited if it were 5 years ago or 5 years from now when ic ould actually afford them, but my family is saying to go for it and we can at least sell at face now the games we won't be attending, which would be most of them.

My questions are:

They say prices start at $44 per seat per game. Assuming about $10 in taxes and the $100 activation fee, is $650 per seat for the season a reasonable estimate of the costs?

The seats won't be known until July, even with this pick-a-seat day?

There is some info in the info index under "new season ticket holder".

You won't be getting face by reselling.

The tax is 10%. So you're looking at a minimum cost of $584 per seat for the first season, plus the $25 s&h. That would drop to $484 per season the following year, of course.

Alternatively, you could pay the account activation fee (i.e. deposit) now and refuse the tickets this year. Your account, even without seats, would then be active, you'd be contacted for season tickets every year, and you'd have the option of buying at some point in the future when you're healthier financially.

Archived