Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's The Best Piece Of Advice Your Father Ever Gave You?

Share some pearls of wisdom that your father passed down to you over the years :yes:...Doesn't have to be one he came up with, could be one he's passed along that he heard somewhere.

One my dad always loved telling me is "Knowledge is power; make sure you get as much of an education as possible." Another one was "Making the wrong decision is better than making no decision at all."

So spill it...tell us some of your father's advice. :thumbsup:

Images%5CLIS%5CP-G&Billy01.jpg

If you ever wake up one morning, after a hard night of drinking, and you're still so drunk in the morning that you're too loopy to put on your Fruit of the Looms correctly, just remember the brown spot goes in the back, and the yellow spot goes in the front.

"Don't start anything you arent ready to finish"

"If you are going to pick it up or pull it out, you better use it"

"Dont worry about the loudmouth in the middle of it all, worry about the quiet guy in the corner"

and my favorite:

"if you are ever getting chased by a wild animal, you dont have to outrun the animal, just one of your friends"

One word... plastics.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I remember what my dear old dad used to say to me at times like this: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom again anyway!?! Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance!"

"Study what you love and are good at, do well in your studies, then figure out how to make a career of it. Unless it's modern poetry. If you come home frmo college and tell me that you are studying Rod McKuen, you are getting cut off."

"Love the Redskins as I love them, and you will be forever blessed."

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I remember what my dear old dad used to say to me at times like this: "What the hell are you doing in the bathroom again anyway!?! Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance!"

Wait... eerr...

Young Frankenstein! :laugh:

I was an explorer at a young age. Dad was smart enough to know that if he firbid me to take things apart, I'd ignore him. So instead, he told me that before you take apart anything that uses electricity, make sure you unplug it, first. That way, when you put it back together, it might not work, but you'll still be alive.

The second thing he told me was that a television set can kill you when it isn't plugged in.

To this day, the only piece of electronics I won't attempt to repair is a TV/monitor.

Edit:

Another piece of advice:

Never make fun of somebody's name. No matter how witty you think you are, because you've just noticed some way to play with somebody's name, the guy you've just been introduced to will have heard it a thousand times, and probably didn't think it was funny the first time.

"Son, a woman is a lot like a... a refrigerator! They're about six feet tall, 300 pounds. They make ice, and... um... Oh, wait a minute. Actually, a woman is more like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one! But you can't stop at one. You wanna drink another woman!"

"may the wind always be at your back, and the sun always upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."

oh wait im not johnny depp in blow lol

anyways i think one of the funniest things i remember him saying when he was teaching me to drive is "to keep my eye on the road...even if there is a naked woman on the side of the road...well...i guess you can take your eye off the road for that"

The message board you just posted that on is completely free :)

It wasn't to some. Blade and Die Hard put a lot of cash into this and others also donated. I am very appreciative of this and never lose sight that someone paid for it.

Archived