Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NHL 10 First Details/Screens Revealed- It's Going To Be Amazing

Sticksboi05

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4164444

has some more info about new things added into the game including intimidation factor. Enforcers are finally getting attention in this game. Finish your checks will result in a change in behavior on the other team from bobbling a few passes or dumping the puck really quickly as well has fatigue setting in. Starting a fight can actually give your team a boost. You can actually choose who you're gonna fight, give him a face-wash and get him to drop the gloves.

Fighting can get players hurt, so if you're star is fighting you can turtle up and fall over to avoid injury. At the same time, I was reading one example where someone went to pick a fight with Ovechkin and instead Brashear came busting in and knocked him out.

Why isn't most of the crowd Rockin' the Red?

:mad:

In the link I just posted, it looks like they'll be fixing that. They specifically noted how much red there was in Washington and that those kind of things will be reflected in the game. I hope so.

They've got it so fans will bang on the glass if the puck is over by them or if a fight breaks out along the glass. Fans will boo the other teams' stars when they have the puck. And fans will get pumped up and wave towels around and what-not after winning a fight or something big like that.

eh typical EA ... add one new element and completely ignore the other problems. I am not a fan of how much emphasis is being put on fighting.

What they need to fix are the goalies. I am sick of someone throwing a one-timer across the rink and having the goalie fly over there and fall down.

That being said I'll buy it of course as I have every NHL from 96 on.

eh typical EA ... add one new element and completely ignore the other problems. I am not a fan of how much emphasis is being put on fighting.

What they need to fix are the goalies. I am sick of someone throwing a one-timer across the rink and having the goalie fly over there and fall down.

That being said I'll buy it of course as I have every NHL from 96 on.

Yeah, maybe they think if they turn it into fight night 10 on ice they will sell more copies.

Yeah, maybe they think if they turn it into fight night 10 on ice they will sell more copies.

EA's new bag with any new game coming out is to make one buzz feature and hope its hype is bigger than the bugs, and removal of other features. They do it in every sport franchise.

Meh, EA has been lazy regarding PC games. They didn't put out Madden or NBA Live for PC. NHL 09 was released for PC but was supposedly the same as NHL 08 with new rosters.

definitely.

but at least madden freaks did the madden mod for 09. i thought i read that EA tried to shut that down as infringement. but it was a free download so EA couldnt do anything according to lawyers. but it supposedly showed EA how a game could be improved with minimal work. and was supposed to be part of the reason for bringing back madden 10 for PC.

but apparently EA didnt learn anything if they arent making NHL this year.

Those are XBOX 360 screens. You should get if ro XBOX because the controls are better and XBOX Live is better than PSN.

well I have NHL 09 for my PS3 and it IS amazing! Especially considering I just got my PS3 like 3 weeks ago and it was the first game I got.

I can't WAIT for this game. I have a 360 also so I'll probably get it for that, but the controls are easy for me b/c I use classic controls (ps3 x to pass, o and square to shoot) and the dekes are the same.

So the controls won't be an issue. I barely play online anyways, but if I do XBOX live is way better. Hell I might as well get it for both systems. lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-nhl-10/49809?e3i=1?type=mov

some improvements I noticed in the video:

- Fighting: First-person fighting. We already knew that, though

- Board Battles: You can see that there's actual battles for the puck along the boards. Pushing and shoving, kicking the puck with your feet. Big improvement there.

- Goaltending: New animations. It looks like the goaltenders have more authentic rebound control such as catching a bobbling puck popped into the air.

- Shooting:

-*Head fake: Kick out a leg to sell the shot and draw the goalie and shot blockers to make the first move

-*Off-balance shooting: The ability to shoot the puck when off-balance. The video shows Ovie shooting from his knees after being tripped from behind on a breakaway. I can only assume that there are other instances of off-balance puck handling and shooting.

Archived