Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is girl watching a popular sport, but girl sports so unpopular?

Burgold

I sometimes wonder about this. Girl watching is a major sport amongst men. Hence the babe threads and lockerroom talk. Nothing wrong with it. Most males are programmed to be attracted to and seek out attractive members of the opposite gender. However, if girl watching is such a popular sport why is watching girl sports so unpopular?

Is it the tight revealing uniforms? The fit, agile, athletes? The East German she-hulks?

Most of us aren't going to watch women's sports for the very reason that we will engage in girl-watching: frankly, most of them are manly. Basketball and indoor volleyball are populated by gangly horse-faced freaks of nature. Beach volleyballers have no chests, usually flat in back, too. Gymnasts are only hot when they retire and grow a rack. Softball players are hit-or-miss, but you can't tell when their uniforms are on (I have personal experience on this one, don't question the analysis). Tennis is nice, especially the screamers and Serena:cloud9:. Ditto golf, except, oh wait...it's not a sport.

Most of us aren't going to watch women's sports for the very reason that we will engage in girl-watching: frankly, most of them are manly. Basketball and indoor volleyball are populated by gangly horse-faced freaks of nature. Beach volleyballers have no chests, usually flat in back, too. Gymnasts are only hot when they retire and grow a rack. Softball players are hit-or-miss, but you can't tell when their uniforms are on (I have personal experience on this one, don't question the analysis). Tennis is nice, especially the screamers and Serena:cloud9:. Ditto golf, except, oh wait...it's not a sport.

Misty May dude, i love her and her tall sexy partner in crime.

If the chicks are hot, I can watch it, especially Jennie Finch and Natalie Gulbis. Now the Williams sisters, well those two she-men are erection killers, I change the channel.

Serena is probably the only muscular woman I have ever thought was attractive. Must be the rack.

One tennis match I could definitely watch is Ana Ivanovic vs. Maria Sharapova. With their movie star looks, I think both Ivanovic and Sharapova would make good Bond girls.

Oh?... I'll wait till the progressives welcome dissent.

I'm a liberal and I welcome dissent. And during the Bush years, I saw more than several instances where conservatives had trouble accepting dissent.

Watching a willowy hot girl glide by in a pair of tight shorts and plunging neckline is a lot different than watching a bunch of moose-women sweating and grunting it out on the field, court, whatever.

I like some womens sports. My son and I watch womens NCAA Softball, and tennis is tennis regardless which sex is playing, and since I play tennis I like watching that.

But by and large most of the women competing in sports are not attractive, so that shoots that down. Even the ones that are sexy are out there doing something that does not easily lend itself to a sexual fantasy. Softball uniforms aren't flattering, and while tennis dresses are nice and short, usually the women that are in them are anything but cute. And figure skaters and gymnasts.. well, you never know when one of them is 14, and even if they're not they LOOK 14,, so forget that.

~Bang

I sometimes wonder about this. Girl watching is a major sport amongst men. Hence the babe threads and lockerroom talk. Nothing wrong with it. Most males are programmed to be attracted to and seek out attractive members of the opposite gender. However, if girl watching is such a popular sport why is watching girl sports so unpopular?

Is it the tight revealing uniforms? The fit, agile, athletes? The East German she-hulks?

Nappy-headed hos is why it's so unpopular. Go Imus.

I think most men enjoy a moment or two of figure skating from time to time. With the girls I mean. Some beach volleyball will accidentally be on my set here and there. And a little women's tennis is always an option every so often.

Where there are attractive women you have generally more popularity for the most part. But, most all women sports tend to lack something that goes beyond physical attractiveness. Most all women sports lack the best players at their sports, making them less popular.

Archived