Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Times Greatest Moments in Redskins History(Merged)

hail2skins

Apologies to the mods in advance if this has already been posted.

I was just in the grocery store (Giant) here in the DC area and as I was leaving I noticed a display where they had these packets of NY Times "Greatest Moments in Redskins History." It claimed that inside is 63 newspaper pages (obviously from the Times) from the times. There were samples of some of the stories on the wrap.......obviously some good ones from the Gibbs era, but also one that looked like it was from the 2003 opener when we beat the NY Jets (don't think I'd even consider that in a greatest moments compilation).

Anyway, I didn't get it today, but looked like it could be a neat thing to have......checked the price, and its $11.95. But although I know the NY Times is perhaps the most national newspaper, it struck me as funny that the compilation was coming from that publication instead of the Washington Post. Does anyone know if the Post ever made such a product?

I believe I have something like that. It's called "A History of the Washington Redskins" and it's in a hard cover. My dad got it for me for Christmas, special order. My name is embossed on the cover. It includes 80 newspaper articles dating back to 1934.

And yes, it includes the Jets game in 2003.

I photographed one article here:

http://extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6110270

What was so significant about the 2003 Jets game?

Damn, after reading that newspaper about Sammy Baugh he probably was really the greatest QB ever. Not the system QB Montana or even Unitas, neither of whom ever singlehandedly willed his team to win like that. He was also one of the best defensive players too and the best punter. I have no idea why he isn't unanimously known as the best player in history. Who else can say that he was among the best ever at 3 positions?

I believe I have something like that. It's called "A History of the Washington Redskins" and it's in a hard cover. My dad got it for me for Christmas, special order. My name is embossed on the cover. It includes 80 newspaper articles dating back to 1934.

And yes, it includes the Jets game in 2003.

I photographed one article here:

http://extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=6110270

Hey Mark, just curious. What were some of the automobile prices from the ads in the lower right of the page?

Hey Mark, just curious. What were some of the automobile prices from the ads in the lower right of the page?

The 36' LaSalle is 675 but every other car listed below it are 500 or less. One says 110. And that's New York prices, lol.

I will never forget the 3 min comeback in Dallas back in 06. That was probably the greatest Skins memory IMO. Just to see the look on Jerry Jones face as he was running down the stairs to save his precious team. It was beautiful. Then to have them at FedEx and completely destroy them. It was just the perfect year.

What is the publication date?

I noticed on the wrap one of the articles was from the game in December 2005 when we beat NYG at home during the "five in a row" stretch. Again, this isn't a book like Mark has......its actual newspapers in a plastic bag.

I will never forget the 3 min comeback in Dallas back in 06. That was probably the greatest Skins memory IMO. Just to see the look on Jerry Jones face as he was running down the stairs to save his precious team. It was beautiful. Then to have them at FedEx and completely destroy them. It was just the perfect year.

It was 05, but yea it was pretty great

jets game-thursday night opener, and i would agree that the patrick ramsey duckout of a sure sack then hitting the bomb was a pretty great moment.

I dont think anything from the Spurrier era would be considered a great moment in Redskins history

I dont think anything from the Spurrier era would be considered a great moment in Redskins history

Spurrier era? When the hell was Steve Spurrier our coach?

BTW, I can't remember anything from 2002 and 2003 - anyone know what happened then?

Spurrier era? When the hell was Steve Spurrier our coach?

BTW, I can't remember anything from 2002 and 2003 - anyone know what happened then?

LOL, just 7-9, and 5-11 seasons. I remember thinking just how great we were going to be with Spurrier running the show. Its amazing how many years that guy set us back

• 1 month later...

I was at Giant Foods tonight and they are selling a newspaper devoted to Redskins highlights from current years to way back when.

It's put together by The New York Times, and it cost me about $11 but it's fun to add to the collections of other stuff that I own that I'll probably never get around to looking at. Just wanted to let you guys know it's at Giant in case you were interested. I got mine at the Giant in Fairfax by Rolling & Braddock Rd.

Here are a few iphone pix..

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

:)

Archived