Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***Official Invade SD thread.*** January, 2010!! Get your tickets here.

illone

Since this is "San Diego" related:

Leaf now 'a wanted individual' in Texas

Ex-Charger fails to turn himself in

By Brent Schrotenboer

Union-Tribune Staff Writer

2:00 a.m. June 11, 2009

Former Chargers quarterback Ryan Leaf is wanted by the law in Texas after failing to turn himself in on drug and burglary charges.

A warrant for his arrest was issued May 20. That was the day a grand jury in Randall County, Texas, issued nine indictments against him involving his use of prescription painkiller medication.

“At one point he said he was going to turn himself in. He hasn't turned himself in yet, and if he gets picked up he's going to be arrested,” Randall County prosecutor Lacy Miller said. “If he gets picked up out of our jurisdiction, then we will extradite him or use whatever means we have to get him back. Right now he is a wanted individual.”

Leaf could not be reached for comment. A message left for him at his parents' home was not returned.

Leaf, 33, previously had been in a drug rehab facility in British Columbia and was living there, according to the district attorney's office in Randall County. Last November, Leaf was placed on leave from his assistant coaching job at West Texas A&M amid reports he asked a player for a pain pill to help an old wrist injury. After his NFL career ended in 2001, Leaf had complained about the injury and sued Chargers doctors for medical malpractice related to it in 2002 – a suit he later dropped.

Police in Canyon, Texas, believe he broke into an apartment there on Oct. 30 and stole an unknown quantity of the painkiller Hydrocodone. Hydrocodone also is known by the brand name Vicodin. Hydrocodone had been prescribed to an injured player living there, according to the police.

Leaf also had been charged with trying to obtain a controlled substance by fraud and delivery of a simulated controlled substance to a West Texas A&M player. Leaf allegedly took the player's prescription Hydrocodone pills and replaced them with fakes.

Leaf was drafted No. 2 overall by the Chargers in 1998. He agreed to a $11.25 million signing bonus, but his career bombed amid poor play, attitude issues and injuries.

Link:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jun/11/1s11leaf221937-leaf-now-wanted-individual-texas/?uniontrib

hey, what happened with the people that were going to call the stadium? did you find out about tailgating?

i will be more then happy to call if nobody else wants to...just let me know.

I still need to get on this, been flaking (and also i've been banned a couple times from the board). Do I PM Sebowski or are the first lot of tickets already gone at this point?

:mad:

I was never told how much to send or who to send it to :saber:

Did you log on to paypal or were you looking for an email? If you log onto paypal, it should show up on the bottom of the page...if there's nothing on the bottom of the page, it probably didn't go through.

I'm disappointed. I expect it to be saved at the bar or the crack house.

If Sprint had upgraded my phone to the Palm Pre then I'd have it there, but i got the run around only to find out i can't upgrade my phone for another year.

:mad:

hey, what happened with the people that were going to call the stadium? did you find out about tailgating?

i will be more then happy to call if nobody else wants to...just let me know.

SoCal is on that. Basically parking goes on sale at a different time than group tickets :brilliant:

I already asked the ticket guy what genius came up with that idea but he didn't have an answer.

Socal will take care of that for us. Trust me, you have enough on your side of things. You get to feed all 120+ of us:hysterical:.

Archived