Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Homicide Bomber in Israel.

Kilmer17

Just curious Kilmer, why didn't you post earlier yesterday when Israeli helicopters launched two attacks on Palestinians?

Aren't those attacks just as detrimental to the peace process? In fact, based on the timing, one could argue that Israeli's actions were more damaging to the peace negotiations led by Bush.

TEG,

As far as I know, Israel has always imprisoned those who committed violent acts against the Palestinians. The fact that Rabbi Kahane advocated expulsion wasn't of itself a crime. On the other hand, when a guy opens fire in a mosque, Israeli soldiers take him out.

Because the Isareali attacks were after Hamas leaders who have proclaimed they will not accept peacea and vow the destruction of Israel. The attacks today were against innocent civilians.

That's the ultimate difference betweent he two sides.

Kach and Kahane Chai

From: Patterns of Global Terrorism, 2002. United States Department of State, April 2003.

Comments on the content of the material should be sent to the U.S. Department of State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description

Stated goal is to restore the biblical state of Israel. Kach (founded by radical Israeli-American rabbi Meir Kahane) and its offshoot Kahane Chai, which means “Kahane Lives,” (founded by Meir Kahane’s son Binyamin following his father’s assassination in the United States) were declared to be terrorist organizations in March 1994 by the Israeli Cabinet under the 1948 Terrorism Law. This followed the groups’ statements in support of Dr. Baruch Goldstein’s attack in February 1994 on the al-Ibrahimi Mosque—Goldstein was affiliated with Kach—and their verbal attacks on the Israeli Government. Palestinian gunmen killed Binyamin Kahane and his wife in a drive-by shooting in December 2000 in the West Bank.

Activities

The group has organized protests against the Israeli Government and has harassed and threatened Palestinians in the West Bank. Kach members have threatened to attack Arabs, Palestinians, and Israeli Government officials. Has vowed revenge for the death of Binyamin Kahane and his wife. Suspected of involvement in a number of low-level attacks since the start of the al-Aqsa intifadah.

Strength

Unknown.

Location/Area of Operation

Israel and West Bank settlements, particularly Qiryat Arba’ in Hebron.

External Aid

Receives support from sympathizers in the United States and Europe.

You know guys, can't we in this one instance simply agree that this is a sickening cycle of violence? I will profess not to understand what Sharon's thinking here. Either stand up, say we will never negotiate with terrorists, and go to war with those Palestinians who support terror tactics, or negotiate a peace, imperfect or not. I don't understand how you can do both at the same time.

But I don't see this as an instance to score partisan points one way or another.

Teg, does Israel allow them to exist in the open like Hamas and Al Asqa martyr brigades? Pointed out that Israel has arrested and jailed these people. I dont know. Just asking.

Tarhog makes a good point. At some point they either need to reach a peace agreement and then deal with the consequences. Or go to war. But even a peace agreement wont stop the violence because the majority of Palestinians dont want peace. And they will ignore their Govts decisions if they dont like them.

These attacks were not equivalent. The Israelis attempted to take out a known terrorist, not targeting innocent civilians like the Palestinian bombers did.

But, the Israelis did mount their attack in a crowded public area, fully aware there would be significant innocent civilian casualities. In the end, I believe only a bodyguard and some innocents were killed, including 2 teenagers. And quite a few kids under 15 were wounded. You want to take out a terrorist, this ain't how to do it.

If Im onesided because I can see that one side is more at fault than the other, label accepted. Im just amazed that people can say that the two side are equally at fault.

Which side targets civilians?

Which side has a large contingent that has stated they will not accpet any peace plan?

Which side speaks one thing in English while calling for Holy War and Jihad or Infitada in Arabic?

Originally posted by TheKurp

Just curious Kilmer, why didn't you post earlier yesterday when Israeli helicopters launched two attacks on Palestinians?

Aren't those attacks just as detrimental to the peace process? In fact, based on the timing, one could argue that Israeli's actions were more damaging to the peace negotiations led by Bush.

Those atacks are directed at known terrorist leaders who have vowed to wipe the Israelis off the planet, those attacks are self defense. The US Govt should take a lesson from the Israelis, when they are searching for a terrorist or Nazi war criminal they are successful in finding him, them. The US govt has been looking for Binladen for 2 years now and thinks he is in mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan, big phucking deal

Originally posted by Tarhog

Either stand up, say we will never negotiate with terrorists, and go to war with those Palestinians who support terror tactics, or negotiate a peace, imperfect or not.

Since Arafat sabotaged the agreement with Barak, the chances for a negotiated peace are non-existent. Arafat himself is squarely to blame for this. The best solution is the so-called "Wall," in which Israel builds a large wall structure to seperate a potential Palestinian state from Israel. The problem is Sharon is the wrong man for such a solution because he refuses to abandon settlements in untenable areas like the Gaza Strip. I look for him to be replaced by Netenyahu in the next election. Netanyahu will pull back settlements in the most isolated areas and begin building a wall that will dictate the Israeli-Palestinian border. Palestinians will denounce borders dictated by israeli whims, but it's their leadership's own damn fault for rejecting an agreement that would have given them 95% of the West Bank and most of East Jerusalem.

just a mess, that's for sure. This "peace plan" is beginning to look alot like the beginnings of war.

The Palestinians just don't want peace.... and I think most like the spotlight and world stage they live in. It appears compromise isn't in their vocabulary, and they strongly believe attacking civilians is the only way to get Israel to relent and give in to their demands.

I read a recent poll that most Israelis think peace is possible, that they want peace, but they also want it on their terms as well. Allthough not quite as firm, they believe they shouldn't have to abandon the settlements.... kind of like a finder's keepers losers weepers kind of thing. Seems rather trivial, unless of course it's your family that has to uproot and move back to more traditionally perceived Israeli territory.

As far as Hamas.... death to all of them. Their terrorist, and they believe the only way to achieve their objectives is the killing of Israeli youth. The more of those idiots die the better. In fact, I think a worldwide manhunt for members of Hamas and Hezbollah are in order, to coincide with the slow but continued extinguishing of Al-Queda.

Maybe a wall would help while the world waits for the diehard Palestinians and stubborn Israel leaders to either give in or eventually die. That might be better than the senseless loss of life on both sides.

I happen to agree totally with Tarhog.

The Israelis need to realize that if they stop the tit-for-tat violence (however justified it might be in the short term) they'll expose Hamas et al to be the desperate radical murderers that they are and will undercut support for them in the world at large, including the Arab world. Every time they strike at Hamas, they ironically legitimize Hamas' radical claims to power and representation of the Palestinian cause.

Israel has to bite the bullet, make a big show of complying with the "road map" to the letter, and for a while accept that there will be bombings and other violence against their citizens for which they will not retaliate. The problem is that I don't think Sharon has it in his temperament to be that patient, and Hamas knows that and will persist until he strikes back.

Archived