Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official BULLETS (not Wizards) get #5 pick thread

Sticksboi05

Only 2 teams have won the lottery when they have the 2nd best chance to do so.

Regardless of the odds against the Wizards tonight I hope they become the third team to pull this feat off. The Wizards need Griffin or Rubio, otherwise I have a feeling the Wiz will just draft Harden or Thabeet or something lol

I read somewhere that the Bullets will try to trade their pick. Is this true or just a wild guess?

I think everyone should make a conscious effort to call them by their real name btw. One day the W word might be eradicated through lack of use.

Only 2 teams have won the lottery when they have the 2nd best chance to do so.

Regardless of the odds against the Wizards tonight I hope they become the third team to pull this feat off. The Wizards need Griffin or Rubio, otherwise I have a feeling the Wiz will just draft Harden or Thabeet or something lol

I have not been impressed by the European talent that has come into the league in the last few years and this year is no different. Rubio looks like he'll be a good player, but I don't see him fitting in the NBA considering the athletes and speed of the game compared to the Euro style. If we don't get Griffin I would not be against packaging the pick with players for Chris Bosh or someone else. Many of you are probably thinking how the hell can we get Chris Bosh? Simple. His contract expires in 1 and a half seasons. We pull off a trade and then immediately sign him to an extended contract. Bosh is not the type of player who can take a team and put it on his back that's been evident since his time there. To his defense he hasn't had much talent to work with but I think with Arenas and Butler working the perimeter game, throw in a developing Nick Young, an underrated front court with Brendan Haywood and the emergence of JaVale McGee, and I think we have not only a playoff contender but a team that can and WILL beat Cleaveland.

I read somewhere that the Bullets will try to trade their pick. Is this true or just a wild guess?

I think everyone should make a conscious effort to call them by their real name btw. One day the W word might be eradicated through lack of use.

Ha. I like that. Bullets is so much better than Wizards...I am no longer using "Wizards".

I have not been impressed by the European talent that has come into the league in the last few years and this year is no different. Rubio looks like he'll be a good player, but I don't see him fitting in the NBA considering the athletes and speed of the game compared to the Euro style. If we don't get Griffin I would not be against packaging the pick with players for Chris Bosh or someone else. Many of you are probably thinking how the hell can we get Chris Bosh? Simple. His contract expires in 1 and a half seasons. We pull off a trade and then immediately sign him to an extended contract. Bosh is not the type of player who can take a team and put it on his back that's been evident since his time there. To his defense he hasn't had much talent to work with but I think with Arenas and Butler working the perimeter game, throw in a developing Nick Young, an underrated front court with Brendan Haywood and the emergence of JaVale McGee, and I think we have not only a playoff contender but a team that can and WILL beat Cleaveland.

rubio is gonna be a great player, probably not right away but in a few years as his body adjusts. He has been playing pro ball in europe since he was 14 which is much better than playing freshman high school basketball at 14. He already has the game intelligence needed for a point guard and all the guys that came back from the olympics were impressed with his play so I like him to do well. He needs to work on his outside shot though.

rubio is gonna be a great player, probably not right away but in a few years as his body adjusts. He has been playing pro ball in europe since he was 14 which is much better than playing freshman high school basketball at 14. He already has the game intelligence needed for a point guard and all the guys that came back from the olympics were impressed with his play so I like him to do well. He needs to work on his outside shot though.

The Wizards aren't built to "develop" players though. They need someone who can make an instant impact in the frontcourt and provided a physical presence that has been lacking for this franchise since Grunfeld arrived and assembled this team. Preferrably I would like Griffing because he would add exactly what we need which is an instant impact physical player. Rubio is a talented player but there are plenty of talented players who don't "fit" in the NBA. I think he's too soft and won't work in this league which has been moving toward bigger guards who can drive the lane and command defenses to collapse on them. We don't need another soft undersized swingman.

Rubio is a project and we really dont need another PG, we already have Gil and Javaris. We dont need thabeet , what we need is a 2 guard , DeMar De Rozan is my pick over Harden. The reason why is the team when healthy can win now and to me Harden can play but Derozans upside is what im intrigued with. Lets say Demar blows up to close to Lewaaah or Kobe would you be mad we passed?

"I told Ernie, the luck of the whole thing doesn't happen with the ping-pong balls. It's who you select," said Saunders, who will carry a lucky coin that he usually has in his pocket for NBA games. "We're probably the perfect team for a draft pick to come to. Whatever draft pick we have is going to have the luxury of fitting into a team that has veteran players and some very good young players. They are coming to a playoff team. Usually, you're coming to a team that's not very good and needs an influx of talent. And when you walk into the team, you're the most talented player. With this team, that's not the case."

Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler, the two former all-stars left to endure the misery of last season, are both high on Griffin but said the Wizards need experienced veterans more than another young player. Grunfeld used the fifth pick in 2004 as the primary piece to acquire Jamison.

"I have great respect for those players and all our players. They want to have the best possible team out there and so do we," Grunfeld said. "[The draft] is not as deep as last year, but we think we can get some very good players out of this. We're hopeful that we can get something good, whether it's with a player we select or possibly with a trade."

Grunfeld said he has "no preconceived notions" about what he'll do if the Wizards don't land one of the top two picks. "We have a lot of work ahead of us, and a lot of work to do," Grunfeld said. "It's the next step in seeing where we are and what we're going to do. You explore all your options, see what's out there and you have to weigh everything."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content//article/2009/05/18/AR2009051802951.html

Archived