Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Associate at Law Firm that won Redskins Trademark Case raises a fuss

RedskinzOwnU

That guy's godawful cutesy-assed writing style makes me want to punch him in the face. In a literary sense, of course.

I was going to imitate him here, with a lot (a lot! (eek!)) of parentheses and pointless wandering [playing-with-oneself] sidebars, but then I'd have to punch myself in the face too -- out of fairness. Not worth it.

What do you call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean, with chains around his ankles?

A good start.

Yeah ... they don't make a meaningful contribution to our society and fundamental well being like say ... day traders, right?

I usually write without caps here and often include parenthetical statements. No more. This guy has me going cold-turkey. In fact, I may have to have the mods change "dchogs" to the more proper "DCHogs."

I get the other side's argument, and disagree. I like that this kid has ideals and passion. But, seriously, there are things that you just DON'T do, especially when you're a first-year nobody in a big law firm. Now, all the partners know this guys name for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not a lawyer, and don't know much about the dynamics of the office within a firm, but aren't first year associates supposed to be seen working their asses off and not heard?

And why can't he be fired? He's a first year guy, do lawyers get automatic tenure or something? I'm sure in this economy, there are thousands of unemployed lawyers who would gladly take his spot.

I'm reading the whole thing now...this guy really is an idiot, and I love this line from the Partner:

"Bob and I represent clients, not causes. We like Native Americans. If Native Americans had hired Bob, the Redskins would have lost the case. But they didn't. They hired someone else. So it was incumbent on Bob to kick their ass in court. It is really that simple."

Awesome...that partner is the guy I'd want representing me.

That guy's godawful cutesy-assed writing style makes me want to punch him in the face. In a literary sense, of course.

I was going to imitate him here, with a lot (a lot! (eek!)) of parentheses and pointless wandering [playing-with-oneself] sidebars, but then I'd have to punch myself in the face too -- out of fairness. Not worth it.

Greatest...post...ever! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Archived